Glock announces G44 in .22LR

Well, they are and have been behind the power curve.

Lol, but no, considering the markets don't directly overlap, and there are tons of 43, XDs, etc, owners who will never give the shield any serious consideration. Smith's
quality control is f***ing abhorrent.

Also it's not like the Shield was "new" either. Kahr has been building guns in that size class for like 20? years now.

The P365? Sure, but that gun was f***ed up badly out of the gate with a disastrous launch.

Just because some gunrags rub one out over it doesn't mean there's a radical market shift or something.

Also a lot of gun buyers are fanboi retards. There are people who will only buy something if it says S&W on it, Sig, or whatever. Or Glock for that
matter. None of those people are shifting anywhere. A P365 could hold 20 rounds and be the same size as the M&P Hygeineproduct and those people won't ever let
go of those guns. Because flinting > everything. (What are those guns, $200 now?)

The only reason this class of guns has created a buzz at all is because the market is otherwise the same shit that's always been there. So anytime someone makes
something new its labeled as "innovative" but it barely is. The P365 pushes the envelope a little, sure, but it's still nothing earth shattering.

-Mike

My comment was mostly in jest, but I never bought "placeholder" sight argument. No other major manufacturer does this and is lucky enough to have their customers defend it for them.

What if I think 3 dot sights are f***ing stupid? (I don't, but a lot do) Then in 5 seconds, suddenly "every manufacturer sucks" because that's what most of them do. You can turn that
argument around with every manufacturer. Sights are a huge preference thing for anyone above "toddler" on a handgun skill ladder.

How many people do you see at the range that still have the factory sights on their glock? I would say most of them. While you, me and everyone else on this forum would replace them same day...we're also not "most" gun owners.

"Johnny shoots 1 box, then leaves, throws gun in safe to collect dust" is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. That effing guy doesn't even know the sights are made out of plastic. So where's his value add with metal sights? [laugh] Think about it though... with that guy, does it matter? Nope.

Would I like metal sights stock on a Glock? Sure. But honestly I'd rather have an extra magazine or something I'm not going to (eventually) just throw away.

-Mike

I wouldnt be surprised if they were to dabble in the smart gun pond......

I don't think they're that stupid. (assuming we're talking firing interlock smart gun) That would be pretty suicidal, it's pretty obvious where the lines are drawn on that.

-Mike

What if I think 3 dot sights are f***ing stupid? (I don't, but a lot do) Then in 5 seconds, suddenly "every manufacturer sucks" because that's what most of them do. You can turn that
argument around with every manufacturer. Sights are a huge preference thing for anyone above "toddler" on a handgun skill ladder.

"Johnny shoots 1 box, then leaves, throws gun in safe to collect dust" is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. That effing guy doesn't even know the sights are made out of plastic. So where's his value add with metal sights? [laugh] Think about it though... with that guy, does it matter? Nope.

Would I like metal sights stock on a Glock? Sure. But honestly I'd rather have an extra magazine or something I'm not going to (eventually) just throw away.

-Mike

I guess we can agree to disagree.

:)

Johnny One-Box is my favorite (and painfully accurate) gun owner pejorative.

Glocks are one of the few guns that out of the box, I assume they will run (trust but verify).
The last couple of S&W and Rugers I have bought had spectacular QC issues not the least of which were sights that were nowhere near POA/POI.
Frankly I would prefer if guns had the option of shipping with NO SIGHTS, just so I didn't have to knock them out and throw them away.
The advantage of a Glock plastic sight is that if they are slightly off you can drift them by bonking them with a magazine or a harsh word.

It's a PCC... (Pistol Caliber Carbine)

I am guessing, really.

I would bet the farm that it is a PCC.

I'm not buying a darn thing for Black Friday - I'm saving for this new PCC.

About 10 years ago, at Glock Armorers Class, the instructor said they were making a carbine. There were rumors why they built a 100 yard range.

EDIT:

I just talked to my Glock guy. He says it's not a carbine.

Whatever it is I know I'll need to save up.

Still not buying anything on Black Friday.

Of all the guesses above, I'd gladly take most (PCC, 1911/metal frame, Glock RMR). The one that I'm fearful of is a redefined G43 with 10/11/12+1 or some boring sh*t like that. I'm so tired of the subcompact wars that all polymer gun makes have been fighting. That segment alone is stagnating the rest of the industry because everyone is fighting over pressing that 1 extra round into a subcompact. It is double worse for MA where past 10, it doesn't even matter anymore.

Yes, I got into shooting with a subcompact, and I have a few now, but that segment has been beaten to death. Let's see some R&D money spent on compact and up now. Or universal things like triggers and action.

Stagnating what, exactly? Making even more redundant guns? [laugh] Why so upset? As a handgun buyer this is a great time to be alive, there's literally 40% more product choice in
the market than anyone would ever practically need. This is a "good thing" (TM) and if the manufacturers have to go full marketing schloquge to sell a few more guns to newbs/dumbasses, then so be it... the rest of us can ignore it. (coincidentally its a good sign regardless, it means more people are carrying guns!)

Triggers and actions? There are seemingly a ton of companies that work on Glocks, Sigs, even the S&W Hygeineproduct... You're going to say "bweah well it should be that
way from the factory" but guess what.... Johnny 1 box, that I described above, ain't going to pay for it, because he's a f***ing skinflint. Throw in "liability" etc and then there
are more problems. Generally anything with a brutally good trigger was set up by hand by someone at some point... all this increases cost, if you want to do it safely. There's no
magic gnome that is going to give your plastic gun a 3.5 lb glass rod breaking 1911 trigger on a mass produced polymer framed handgun. It doesn't exist.

-Mike

Stagnating what, exactly? Making even more redundant guns? [laugh] Why so upset? As a handgun buyer this is a great time to be alive, there's literally 40% more product choice in
the market than anyone would ever practically need. This is a "good thing" (TM) and if the manufacturers have to go full marketing schloquge to sell a few more guns to newbs/dumbasses, then so be it... the rest of us can ignore it. (coincidentally its a good sign regardless, it means more people are carrying guns!)

Triggers and actions? There are seemingly a ton of companies that work on Glocks, Sigs, even the S&W Hygeineproduct... You're going to say "bweah well it should be that
way from the factory" but guess what.... Johnny 1 box, that I described above, ain't going to pay for it, because he's a f***ing skinflint. Throw in "liability" etc and then there
are more problems. Generally anything with a brutally good trigger was set up by hand by someone at some point... all this increases cost, if you want to do it safely. There's no
magic gnome that is going to give your plastic gun a 3.5 lb glass rod breaking 1911 trigger on a mass produced polymer framed handgun. It doesn't exist.

-Mike

Yes, stagnation in the industry because everyone is focusing on what is currently making the most money, subcompacts and microcompacts, leaving all other classes largely untouched. And honestly, it is all rather boring as each "new" model to the market is the exact same gun over again with maybe 1 more round that doesn't even matter to me in MA (Hellcat 11+1 is still a Hellcat 10+1). I was actually initially impressed by the Hellcat, but the more and more I looked at it side by side with other subcompacts, the more I thought it wasn't anything new after all. Just marketing hype.

And everyone most likely has a subcompact by now, so why press so hard to trying to sell me another? Meanwhile, G19 renovation is adding an annoying grip cut away and then removing it in a later revision. Seriously? Why not put in a factory trigger that is as good, or better than the eventual aftermarket replacement? Hell, even a nicer trigger shoe and I'll do the springs myself. Why not take a cue from any of the hundreds of aftermarket companies that stipple and cut the stock grip and make a factory grip that doesn't require it? This isn't exactly hard to reach fruit here. That's why I'm hoping for anything but another subcompact, as that segment has been beaten to death in 2019.

"Legendary" sounds like a whole new product to me.
Not a new tweak on current guns.

Not even the "Gen 6" they have in Europe that has the new rotating barrel.

There were always rumors about the mythical Glock Carbine.
That would be a thing of legend.

I will continue to hope for a carbine.

If that is NOT it - I know I'll want what they are going to release.

The next logical step for Glock IS a carbine. They need to catch up with B&T.

Yes, stagnation in the industry because everyone is focusing on what is currently making the most money, subcompacts and microcompacts, leaving all other classes largely untouched.

Business is about making money, not making 1% of the market happy. Plus where are you going to go from here? You want them to sell guns that fire hot plasma or something? That would be pretty cool actually.

it is all rather boring as each "new" model to the market is the exact same gun over again with maybe 1 more round that doesn't even matter to me in MA (Hellcat 11+1 is still a Hellcat 10+1).

News Flash" nobody cares about commie state suffering. But you knew that already.

I was actually initially impressed by the Hellcat, but the more and more I looked at it side by side with other subcompacts, the more I thought it wasn't anything new after all. Just marketing hype.

What do you think most of most industries are? This isn't unique to guns, btw. Most consumer products, even "durable goods" are only sold based on marginal improvements, some of which are purely or almost entirely cosmetic.

And everyone most likely has a subcompact by now, so why press so hard to trying to sell me another?

Everyone? Who gets to determine that? Are you sure all the people are on the train? [laugh] Market is growing daily.

I dunno about you but I haven't had anyone in my face "trying to sell me" a gun. [rofl] I have a list of shit I want to buy and
it exists mostly independent of whatever the industry is doing. The list is mostly filled with stuff that isn't even "new".

Meanwhile, G19 renovation is adding an annoying grip cut away and then removing it in a later revision. Seriously?

So? There's like 5 versions to buy... you pick the one you hate the least... and buy it. Or don't- buy a P10 or something. This market is great, there's practically a
seat for every ass in it. If you don't find a gun you like in this market, probably something wrong with you. You can buy something, tweak it a little, and basically
get what you want.

Why not put in a factory trigger that is as good, or better than the eventual aftermarket replacement? Hell, even a nicer trigger shoe and I'll do the springs myself.

Liability, cost. Nobody wants to pay for that shit. High quality triggers not suited for mass production. Plus, all of that is somewhat subjective. What is a great trigger to
me might be too light for someone else, etc. Or even if I think it's great, I might also simultaneously think it isn't appropriate for a carry gun etc. Subjective stuff like
that. All of this ends up being a "reduction" in the end that leads to a lowest common denominator target for the product.

Why not take a cue from any of the hundreds of aftermarket companies that stipple and cut the stock grip and make a factory grip that doesn't require it? This isn't exactly hard to reach fruit here. That's why I'm hoping for anything but another subcompact, as that segment has been beaten to death in 2019.

Cost. Also all that effluvial ergonomic shit is very subjective. The further away you get from the median the more polarizing it gets. Some people just don't
like that shit. Companies are taking enough heat for offering options, etc. And there are tons of options already for these guns. Metric tons, truckloads.

That guy you see at the range that shoots the one box of ammo and leaves?

This stuff you are bitching about- it's mostly all his fault. Because he's the bottom 80% of the market. Most manufacturers chase them, not you. It's not just Glock, either,
every one of them is like this. I can't blame them either, because doing other than trying to hit kinda near the LCD for their price bracket is irresponsible as a business.

This gun you want... are you willing to pay $300 more for it? If not, then it's all just wishful thinking anyways. "Good stuff costs money". Some market segments have done
this... see Sig legion, CZ Custom Shop, etc...

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom