Glock announces G44 in .22LR

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Aside from things like AR/AK pistols (without a fixed mag), most guns are available to us MA peons.
I understand what you are saying and that they are ways of doing it. But walk into or call most any gun shop in MA and ask if they have any new Glocks available?

Doublestack singlestack magazines. Glock 49-51 (.380 but no .40).

Poor Glock is always criticized for going it's own way and after they reluctantly change (to the frustration of the gun community), the gun community decides the way Glock was doing it before is better. LOL

Don't believe me? Finger grooves. Frickin finger grooves. "Oh Glock doesn't have finger grooves." Now everyone wants them eliminated. LOL. And how about single-stack? What year did the 36 come out? A decade ago??? "That's just stupid. Who wants a subcompact single-stack polymer gun?" Then they look like they are behind the curve 5 years later. LOL

Poor Glock is always criticized for going it's own way
And how about single-stack? What year did the 36 come out? A decade ago??? "That's just stupid. Who wants a subcompact single-stack polymer gun?" Then they look like they are behind the curve 5 years later. LOL

Well, they are and have been behind the power curve. People wanted single stack mags for subcompact concealability. Glock dragged their feet while the Shield sold like hot cakes. When Glock FINALLY decided to join the party, Sig innovated and came out with the P365 and found a way to cram more rounds into the width of a single stack subcompact. And bam, now Glock is behind the curve again. If Glock innovated in the first place, maybe they wouldn’t be behind the power curve.

Pretty sure the G36 was pre-Shield. Like I'm almost positive considering how long ago I had one in my safe. My point is they did it when it wasn't hot, no one bothered, they tabled it and then someone else "invented" it.

If Glock innovated in the first place, maybe they wouldn’t be behind the power curve.
Glock's subsequent changes may have been late to the party, but every other striker-fired pistols today pays homage to Glock's original design.

Pretty sure the G36 was pre-Shield. Like I'm almost positive considering how long ago I had one in my safe. My point is they did it when it wasn't hot, no one bothered, they tabled it and then someone else "invented" it.

Ah yes, the Glock 36. As wide as a Glock 19/26 and released under the incorrect assumption that Americans only wanted 45 ACP.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll finally stop shipping guns with terrible plastic sights.

I look at that differently.... why do I want to pay money for sights I'm just going to peen out anyways? Would I prefer a set of steel sights? Sure... but if you're just going to pound them
out and throw them away anyways... Glock trying to assume that "everyone will like these sights" is absurd.

Then again if I had my way I would like a world where I could buy a car and choose the tires that I'm going to get on the car when I buy it... instead of just putting up with the crap they
give you. At least with Glock I know I'm not paying for sights I didn't want. Like how would you feel if they put XS big dots on their guns by default? You would be like "Why does Glock assume I'm 98 years old?"

-Mike

Of all the guesses above, I'd gladly take most (PCC, 1911/metal frame, Glock RMR). The one that I'm fearful of is a redefined G43 with 10/11/12+1 or some boring sh*t like that. I'm so tired of the subcompact wars that all polymer gun makes have been fighting. That segment alone is stagnating the rest of the industry because everyone is fighting over pressing that 1 extra round into a subcompact. It is double worse for MA where past 10, it doesn't even matter anymore.

Yes, I got into shooting with a subcompact, and I have a few now, but that segment has been beaten to death. Let's see some R&D money spent on compact and up now. Or universal things like triggers and action.

I look at that differently.... why do I want to pay money for sights I'm just going to peen out anyways? Would I prefer a set of steel sights? Sure... but if you're just going to pound them
out and throw them away anyways... Glock trying to assume that "everyone will like these sights" is absurd.

Then again if I had my way I would like a world where I could buy a car and choose the tires that I'm going to get on the car when I buy it... instead of just putting up with the crap they
give you. At least with Glock I know I'm not paying for sights I didn't want. Like how would you feel if they put XS big dots on their guns by default? You would be like "Why does Glock assume I'm 98 years old?"

-Mike

If the sights were steel and had a different alignment mechanism than that stupid square U in the back, then I bet they wouldn’t change the cost of the gun much and would be satisfactory for many shooters. They wouldn’t have to be tritium or anything. There are plenty of people who put aftermarket sights on their Glocks purely to get rid of the garbage stock ones.

-Mike

My comment was mostly in jest, but I never bought "placeholder" sight argument. No other major manufacturer does this and is lucky enough to have their customers defend it for them.

How many people do you see at the range that still have the factory sights on their glock? I would say most of them. While you, me and everyone else on this forum would replace them same day...we're also not "most" gun owners.

Glocks are good guns...but adding basic steel sights wouldn't increase the cost of the gun.

Back
Top Bottom