Glock announces G44 in .22LR

I want to live in this world that you cats all live in where shit never fails. OMG some guy on the internet ran 3176 rounds though his pistol and may have an issue. I have three firearms I have shot 3000 rounds through, my trap gun, my skeet gun and my MP5SD. Stuff fails and if you buy from the right company they will fix it, why does everybody love to bitch and moan about shit you don’t even own? This internet thingy created a bunch of whiners.

You know why people complain because many are still in the delusion that we're in like 2005. Back then quality control among all makers was significantly
higher, yeah, there were notorious f***up mc shitty brands like Krapber etc, still, but on the whole you bought something like a Smith, a Sig, or most Glock, Ruger products and the defect rate was significantly lower on average than it seems to be now. This is because enthusiasts would hold grudges and people would eviscerate them in "real world social media". So they made
great pains to try to keep that defect rate low. We literally demanded quality and got pissed if we didn't get it.

Then Obamascare 1, 2, and sandy hook bullshit happened and all that shit went out the window, because 80% of the new guns sold after that went to people who were either noobs or buying them strictly because of political turmoil. The manufacturers realized that, to some degree, they could get away with murder, and they did... because some significant % of their guns got bought and never got fired, as well as the composition of the market composition/demographics of the average consumer changing.

A few intervals ago Sig was pretty f***ing bad, now it looks like Smith is trying to outdo them. Glock makes a non broken gun about 90% of the time but if you end up in that 10%, then you're not having a good day. [laugh]

Also 3000 rounds isn't much for a 22, that's basically just getting it warm. It's difficult to gauge the defect %, though, yet, given the fact that they've dumped a bunch of these guns on
the market. These guys with exploding G44s could be a trend, or some kind of intermittent QC issue. Normally I'm so skeptical of the market that I don't play early adopter, but in this case it was too tempting. If mine blows up how much I care depends on how much they inconvenience me in the process. It was worth the risk. [laugh]

Also, most of these brands are f***ing embarassing in this department compared to HK. I've owned almost as many HK pistols as I have Glock, Sig, others.... and I have a total of one "random failure" on an HK USPc that happened... (and it didn't even result in a condition where the gun would actually stop firing, it just became DAO only after that one side of the sear spring broke) their QC makes everyone else look pretty terrible in relative terms. The only reason I don't own any anymore is because they're an unmitigated ergonomic nightmare for me. Every time I start lusting over an HK I pick one up, grip it as best as I can, check the sights, and then in that prompt moment, in that space and time while examining the firearm, I suddenly hear this....

(nsfw language)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmK4_Byin0Y

because, ergonomic nightmare.

-Mike

Am I just stupid? Who are you mocking here?

Kimber.

Kimber lol, Grant been using that for a long time. Grant has the best posts but that ones a stretch!

Other people call them MIMber but that's being too polite. I started calling them Krapber after my 2004 anniv
edition dumpster fire.

I'll never buy another one of their 1911s (unless maybe a used one that's just been fully worked over by a gunsmith) but I will confess ive been tempted to get one of their revolvers.... or I'm just a glutton for punishment. Then again with the stuff coming out of smith these days, I dont think they could do any worse in the same wheelhouse. The last time I picked up a K6S at a gun store you know what I said though? "This is actually a Kimber product? WTF no wai..." it was that good, at least from a basic inspection point of view.

I will give Krapber major props for one thing though- as a business entity, they probably have the most successful marketing machine in the industry for a non-polymer
handgun manufacturer. Their ads are everywhere, and their guns are everywhere, and you can buy them everywhere (im not talking MA stupid bullshit, the real world) gun dealers all over have kimber counters "pre loaded" with the product. Then because it looks visually appealing, it largely sells itself. Beyond that though, things tend to get sketchmo.

If you have one that works great, and hasnt beaten itself to death or caused you agita, I am happy that you have not been punished by them. [laugh]

-Mike

Kimber.

Other people call them MIMber but that's being too polite. I started calling them Krapber after my 2004 anniv
edition dumpster fire.

I'll never buy another one of their 1911s (unless maybe a used one that's just been fully worked over by a gunsmith) but I will confess ive been tempted to get one of their revolvers.... or I'm just a glutton for punishment. Then again with the stuff coming out of smith these days, I dont think they could do any worse in the same wheelhouse. The last time I picked up a K6S at a gun store you know what I said though? "This is actually a Kimber product? WTF no wai..." it was that good, at least from a basic inspection point of view.

I will give Krapber major props for one thing though- as a business entity, they probably have the most successful marketing machine in the industry for a non-polymer
handgun manufacturer. Their ads are everywhere, and their guns are everywhere, and you can buy them everywhere (im not talking MA stupid bullshit, the real world) gun dealers all over have kimber counters "pre loaded" with the product. Then because it looks visually appealing, it largely sells itself. Beyond that though, things tend to get sketchmo.

If you have one that works great, and hasnt beaten itself to death or caused you agita, I am happy that you have not been punished by them. [laugh]

-Mike

I have two. A cool 14 round double stack and a stainless one I bought in the late 90s. I never shot the stainless one until about 10 years later and it fired two rounds every time.

Last edited:
OMG some guy on the internet ran 3176 rounds though his pistol and may have an issue. I have three firearms I have shot 3000 rounds through, my trap gun, my skeet gun and my MP5SD.

I’m finding it hard to understand why we should dismiss an anecdote while listen to your own completely unrelated anecdotes. I’m now convinced a semi-auto pistol doesn’t need to work for 3000 rounds because your break action shotguns do.🧐

why does everybody love to bitch and moan about shit you don’t even own? This internet thingy created a bunch of whiners.

Still figuring out how the internet, and specifically, discussion forums work, are we now? 😂

I’m finding it hard to understand why we should dismiss an anecdote while listen to your own completely unrelated anecdotes. I’m now convinced a semi-auto pistol doesn’t need to work for 3000 rounds because your break action shotguns do.🧐

Still figuring out how the internet, and specifically, discussion forums work, are we now? 😂

I actually have one??? Use a drop leg holster for your G44 and you will be fine bone.

I put 100 rounds through my G44 this morning. I had to reload that piece of shit 8 times and it blew up about an hour after shooting. Thankfully it was sitting on the BBQ grill when it detonated. Its a 400 round gun max. Never Compromise dudes.

I put 100 rounds through my G44 this morning. I had to reload that piece of shit 8 times and it blew up about an hour after shooting. Thankfully it was sitting on the BBQ grill when it detonated. Its a 400 round gun max. Never Compromise dudes.

Do you mean to tell me that you got repetitions reloading your pistol? I'm literally shaking

Kimber.
<snip>

-Mike

I've got three of them. A matched set of .45's and a 9mm stainless steel Target II. I've had no issues with any of them - other than my wife taking possession of the 9mm to shoot USPSA/IDPA with. I think it's mine again since she bought a Sig320.

I'm not really sure how a heavier (possibly) slide is going to affect it. I also wouldn't put an rmr on top of it all... who knows. Maybe it will work? I'm just happy the way it is. Solid first impression

There was no way I was going to watch that old timer ramble on but I did find a page of text while scrubbing through the video. It said he had mag issues and it’s better on high velocity loads. I don’t know if he had other issues, just what he put on the text page.

I have only shot suppressed subs through mine and it’s been very reliable until about 300 rounds. It gets dirty and will stove pipe. I also shoot good shit like Eley and CCI. I noticed he has Rem Thunderbolts in the picture which are really dirty rounds. Is it perfect no probably not, is it fun to drill with, absolutely.

There was no way I was going to watch that old timer ramble on but I did find a page of text while scrubbing through the video. It said he had mag issues and it’s better on high velocity loads. I don’t know if he had other issues, just what he put on the text page.

I have only shot suppressed subs through mine and it’s been very reliable until about 300 rounds. It gets dirty and will stove pipe. I also shoot good shit like Eley and CCI. I noticed he has Rem Thunderbolts in the picture which are really dirty rounds. Is it perfect no probably not, is it fun to drill with, absolutely.

the best thing he had to say was that it ran surprisingly well that day, like a Sig Mosquito you can avoid most of the issues using CCI minimags. Funky magazine issues were probably the worst part for me.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or somewhere else, but I decided to treat this thing like an airsoft gun. I tore it apart and ran it through ultrasonic, then hosed it down in Silicone and let it marinate. Wiped it off and hit it with compressed air. Feels really good now, and I'll see how hard I can play with it next trip.

Back
Top Bottom