Glock announces G44 in .22LR

I'm still salty that Glock comes out with dumb shit.... but I got to fondle one at the Gun Parlor.

It is VERY appealing to me to have a gun that fits all of my gear, and allows me to train skills that aren't recoil dependent for dirt cheap. I'll hold off for a bit to see if growing pains work out, but I will go 'omnomnomnomnom' on pretty much everything that Glock makes. Except the G42. That thing is hella ghey

It would be great to have a G19 22LR (G44) training gun for all the reasons you list, they will deal with any shortcomings discovered by the large number of people shooting them now. The Taurus isn't the same (by and large) as training with a G19 that is a little lighter but otherwise feels the same and fits all your holsters and shit.

It’s not because I don’t have a negative opinion of Glocks.

I’m sure it’s a fine pistol. If it had a threaded barrel and was at the same price point as the others in the same category it’d be a great option. It still probably is a good option. But it’s not an opinion, but a fact, that it has less features at a higher price point.
I think that Glock wanted to make it fully compatible with Commie ban states (most of them anyway). So the threaded barrel and 15 round mags will come out eventually. But I would agree that it would be better to be able to buy one with a threaded barrel right off the bat. I would think the price would come down shortly, the MSRP is $439 or something IIRC, so it should be in the $300's.

That's the only thing that surprised/disappointed me. I don't know why they didn't thread the barrel and then stick a barrel cap on the end like...well, like everybody else does. (All M&P 22Compacts come threaded, for example.) Want a can? Screw off the cap, but an adapter for $30, and have at it. Don't want a can? Don't unscrew the cap. Seems to be the standard these days; I wonder why Glock went the other way.

It's hard to bitch about the price at this early point; many people are still paying (willingly) the "ZOMG! It's a new GLOCK!!" premium. That will go away soon, and we'll figure out where the market price ends up.
They probably did it for CA, iirc a threaded barrel is bad juju there, but even with that, it's not rocket science to just deploy a one off sku there....

I'm still salty that Glock comes out with dumb shit.... but I got to fondle one at the Gun Parlor.

It is VERY appealing to me to have a gun that fits all of my gear, and allows me to train skills that aren't recoil dependent for dirt cheap. I'll hold off for a bit to see if growing pains work out, but I will go 'omnomnomnomnom' on pretty much everything that Glock makes. Except the G42. That thing is hella ghey

Hella.

650 rounds in and mine hasn't blown up. The biggest gripe is that the sights shoot about 2 inches high at 10 yards. Not so bad since changing the sights is basically baked into the cake with glocks.
Also magazines are sold out everywhere and loading two 10 round mags at a time blows.

A75535E9-64BC-430B-9A8E-EAF7F884BE6B.JPG

So it looks like after 3000 or so rounds, component wear or failure starts to rear up.
Could be a one off, could be something common when it gets to that point.
Not bagging on it by any means, my 617 wouldn't eject brass unless I drove the ejector rod into a table.
Just something to keep an eye out for

Attachments

• 1580381852984.png
    1580381852984.png
    111 KB · Views: 42
It’s not because I don’t have a negative opinion of Glocks.

I’m sure it’s a fine pistol. If it had a threaded barrel and was at the same price point as the others in the same category it’d be a great option. It still probably is a good option. But it’s not an opinion, but a fact, that it has less features at a higher price point.

Nirmal glocks are pretty rock solid. This thing is a travesty so far. How they botched the QC prior to release is amazing.

Nirmal glocks are pretty rock solid. This thing is a travesty so far. How they botched the QC prior to release is amazing.

Yeah, unfortunately this thing is kind if a flop, but flops are quite rare from glock.

Well, there was that 45GAP thing and that gay 380 purse pistol, but at least those worked.

I want to live in this world that you cats all live in where shit never fails. OMG some guy on the internet ran 3176 rounds though his pistol and may have an issue. I have three firearms I have shot 3000 rounds through, my trap gun, my skeet gun and my MP5SD. Stuff fails and if you buy from the right company they will fix it, why does everybody love to bitch and moan about shit you don’t even own? This internet thingy created a bunch of whiners.

I want to live in this world that you cats all live in where shit never fails. OMG some guy on the internet ran 3176 rounds though his pistol and may have an issue. I have three firearms I have shot 3000 rounds through, my trap gun, my skeet gun and my MP5SD. Stuff fails and if you buy from the right company they will fix it, why does everybody love to bitch and moan about shit you don’t even own? This internet thingy created a bunch of whiners.

I get that this is a 22 pistol and expectations should be tempered by that fact, but I easily have 3000 rounds through my 22/45 and all do is spray oil in the chamber once in a while. I get around to cleaning my 9mm Glocks once a year and 2-3000 rounds with no issue. 3000 rounds is not a lot of shooting.

So yeah, I expect more from Glock.

I get that this is a 22 pistol and expectations should be tempered by that fact, but I easily have 3000 rounds through my 22/45 and all do is spray oil in the chamber once in a while. I get around to cleaning my 9mm Glocks once a year and 2-3000 rounds with no issue. 3000 rounds is not a lot of shooting.

So yeah, I expect more from Glock.

Its new though, this kind of intro happens more and more. I'm not saying its good but I've been buying GMC trucks for a long time and I still get recalls. It may suck that this is the norm but when I bought the G44 I didn't expect it would be perfect, I figured it was different enough that it would have some problems and I would be doing some R&D for Glock. I own a lot of Glocks but I'm not really a Glock dude, I didn't expect the pistol to be perfect. I was annoyed I had to drop $194 with brownells to get a threaded barrel but I could have waited for a threaded sku.

That doesn't blow, and you love it. drgrant says so. Nobody cares about 10 round magazines, so you must be lying.

[laugh]
At one point i did mention that not including enough mags was a problem. It's always been annoying. If you know a vendor that actually puts 4-6 mags in the box we're all ears.

-Mike

Oh I see. Having more rounds via more magazines is totally different than simply having more rounds in magazines!

Do you really not see how ridiculous that is? Is it really so hard to admit, yes, people do care about magazine capacity?

Its new though, this kind of intro happens more and more. I'm not saying its good but I've been buying GMC trucks for a long time and I still get recalls. It may suck that this is the norm but when I bought the G44 I didn't expect it would be perfect, I figured it was different enough that it would have some problems and I would be doing some R&D for Glock. I own a lot of Glocks but I'm not really a Glock dude, I didn't expect the pistol to be perfect. I was annoyed I had to drop $194 with brownells to get a threaded barrel but I could have waited for a threaded sku.

Glock has many die hard fans, myself included who expect the world from them. When I buy a Glock I expect it to work every time. In my mind a Glock is the AK-47 of pistols. And from using many over the past 10+ years I have seen almost only great things from them.

Glock knows that us gun fans are gossip queens and that the market is already very clicky. Despite knowing this they released a product that clearly isnt ready yet to be viewed by the masses to presumably rush a deadline. Well, that was a big mistake because now this thing is going to be known for what we see now today, not after its fixed. It will take years to get rid of it as a mainstream meme.

Sig did the same thing with the P320 and the gun going off when it wasnt supposed to thing. It was probably rushed to get into the military trial.

I ran a Glock 17L out of the box for a class recently and guess what? The factory "lube" wasnt enough even for light use. And I was pretty annoyed about it. My G34 can run literally indefinitely without being cleaned or lubed (I have never had a point where it was having issues due to being dirty, or issues at all, actually). I'm not exactly sure why the 17L has to be lubed up like the dirty boy it is but it needs to be. Probably something to do with the slide length and weight. I expected it would work just like my 34, and I lost just a tad bit of faith in it.

Guns need to work everytime. That should be the baseline to aim for.

Yeah, unfortunately this thing is kind if a flop, but flops are quite rare from glock.

Well, there was that 45GAP thing and that gay 380 purse pistol, but at least those worked.

45 GAP? Yep. [rofl] I think it was well intentioned, very similar to .357 SIG. S&W did it with success with .40 after flopping with 10mm, so it's easy to see the attraction to attempt to make a new mainstream round. I'm not a .45 guy since I have the smallest hands on an adult male to ever hold a firearm.

On that note, I'd like to recognize you for correctly naming my G42 [rofl]

PPS: you were in the Navy so we are both at a minimum at least as gay as each other.

Glock has many die hard fans, myself included who expect the world from them. When I buy a Glock I expect it to work every time. In my mind a Glock is the AK-47 of pistols. And from using many over the past 10+ years I have seen almost only great things from them.

Glock knows that us gun fans are gossip queens and that the market is already very clicky. Despite knowing this they released a product that clearly isnt ready yet to be viewed by the masses to presumably rush a deadline. Well, that was a big mistake because now this thing is going to be known for what we see now today, not after its fixed. It will take years to get rid of it as a mainstream meme.

Sig did the same thing with the P320 and the gun going off when it wasnt supposed to thing. It was probably rushed to get into the military trial.

I ran a Glock 17L out of the box for a class recently and guess what? The factory "lube" wasnt enough even for light use. And I was pretty annoyed about it. My G34 can run literally indefinitely without being cleaned or lubed (I have never had a point where it was having issues due to being dirty, or issues at all, actually). I'm not exactly sure why the 17L has to be lubed up like the dirty boy it is but it needs to be. Probably something to do with the slide length and weight. I expected it would work just like my 34, and I lost just a tad bit of faith in it.

Guns need to work everytime. That should be the baseline to aim for.

45 GAP? Yep. [rofl] I think it was well intentioned, very similar to .357 SIG. S&W did it with success with .40 after flopping with 10mm, so it's easy to see the attraction to attempt to make a new mainstream round. I'm not a .45 guy since I have the smallest hands on an adult male to ever hold a firearm.

On that note, I'd like to recognize you for correctly naming my G42 [rofl]

PPS: you were in the Navy so we are both at a minimum at least as gay as each other.

[laugh]

OK. I'm seeing the problem now...

OK. I'm seeing the problem now...

Lol, In 2016 I bought my first non GMC truck. I purchased a shiny new F150. The engine promptly blew @1800 miles and it took Ford 6 weeks to fix it, back to GMC I went. I guess I’m a sucker for shitty products.

Oh I see. Having more rounds via more magazines is totally different than simply having more rounds in magazines!

Do you really not see how ridiculous that is? Is it really so hard to admit, yes, people do care about magazine capacity?

My point is this isn't about mag capacity it's about having more magazines. If I buy a gun and it only comes with a 100 round
drum I'm still going to be pissed it came with one drum. [laugh] Even if the mags held 20 rounds apiece, only having 2 of them
blows, because if you break or lose one, you're now stuck with one mag, which is even worse.

This has been an ongoing gripe of mine with every handgun in existence, practically. So far the only company that remotely tried to
do anything right was Springfield, when they used to sell XDs with like 4 mags in the box with a holster.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but at one point Krapber was one of the worst offenders. ONE MAG. Then when Cohen took
over Sig, not long after that they birthed the piece of shit known as the Mosquito.... for a long time that only came with ONE MAG
too, but some of that might have been supply chain problems, it's still retarded.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom