Glock 48 sights - how do I fix this?

I purchased this 48 through the blue label program for short money. My first range day, I was shooting low left - and off the target @50'. The second range run through I was shooting exactly 1" left at 25'.

Today I actually noticed why:

PhotoCollage_20191101_152240625.jpg

So I have never changed sights on a pistol before. What do I need to fix this myself?

Whack it with a plastic hammer? lol

Or just drive it out towards ejection port side, with a punch, and then just punch it back in again.

HOW DARE YOU

thank you thank you thank you....I never pass up an opportunity to channel Greta the Great!

See the source image

and you don't want to let glock repair it because?

I'm going to replace sights with fibre
get what you pay for I guess

on a serious note...can you imagine the pig pile if that had been a Ruger? LMAO

At least it's not a Taurus 709 Slim?

Wait, I have one of those too
Whack it with a plastic hammer? lol

Or just drive it out towards ejection port side, with a punch, and then just punch it back in again.

Sounds easy enough
Buy actual handgun sights instead of placeholders. ;)

That's the plan
Are you looking to buy a tool? Plenty out there.

Thanks for the link

Going to replace them with Dawson Precision sights, with a fibre optics front.

Don’t even try to fix the original plastic sights. Just order the new ones. Where are you located? Do you need to borrow a tool to install your new sights?

Dawson fixed sights with fiber front are great sights. I prefer the plain black rear with red fiber front. Warren also makes a set of Sevigny competition sights that are nice too. I have them both if you want to try before you buy.

I purchased this 48 through the blue label program for short money. My first range day, I was shooting low left - and off the target @50'. The second range run through I was shooting exactly 1" left at 25'.

Today I actually noticed why:

View attachment 310298

So I have never changed sights on a pistol before. What do I need to fix this myself?
Is it just me or is the forward dove tail cut on the slide FUBAR ? I have to add thats one fugly sight

Finished up with the sights today.

I have some work to do on my marksmanship though.

View attachment 314101

I guess, but just the fact that you are shooting puts you ahead of most people.

I'd suggest you take a class that focuses on the fundamentals. Or join a bulls eye league. We never outgrow that stuff.

One other thing. I don't know if the 48 is much improved over the 43, but my 43's trigger was like pushing past a proverbial brick wall. There was massive stacking in the last part of the trigger travel that made accurate slow shooting difficult and accurate fast shooting very difficult.

I've been shooting Glocks since 1998 in both IDPA (before kids) and local matches (since kids) and the 43 trigger presented quite a challenge to me.

I guess, but just the fact that you are shooting puts you ahead of most people.

I'd suggest you take a class that focuses on the fundamentals. Or join a bulls eye league. We never outgrow that stuff.

One other thing. I don't know if the 48 is much improved over the 43, but my 43's trigger was like pushing past a proverbial brick wall. There was massive stacking in the last part of the trigger travel that made accurate slow shooting difficult and accurate fast shooting very difficult.

I've been shooting Glocks since 1998 in both IDPA (before kids) and local matches (since kids) and the 43 trigger presented quite a challenge to me.
Yeah, the trigger is definitely not ideal, but it's not awful either. The trigger I put in the G17 project is much snappier for sure.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. OC Custom triggers are the best value/function triggers on the market imo. My 43 trigger is perfect.

I'm hesitant to put non-glock parts in a glock. I did end up putting a Ghost connector in it that was a 60% solution.

Still not as good as a double stack Glock with a 4.5# connector, but better.

Putting non Glock parts into a Glock isn't an issue, unless you go full retard. Replace one part at a time. Test things... move on.

Back
Top Bottom