• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 48 for 2019

Glockster30

NES Member
Appears that Glock is releasing a G48 in addition to the G43X.

RUMINT_GLOCK_Confirm_01.jpg

Glock 48/43X: What We Got Right and Wrong | RECOIL

So what is the 48 all about? A single stack 19?

It is more of a stagger stack Glock 19. Slightly longer slide than a 19, with forward serrations.

For those of us in 10-round states, I can see the appeal. A bit narrower grip circumference for those with smaller hands and easier concealment.

sig got everyone riled up over that 10 rd staggered mag in the 365. if glock can get that grip width reduced by introducing their own staggered, well.... doesn't s&w call their shield mag staggered?

Maybe I’m just a cranky old f*** but I just don’t get the need to jump up and spend (in MA 600.00+$) for every new thing that comes out just because it gives me 2-3 more rounds. Must be a rich mans game.

Couple spare TT+3 mags for the 43 and I’m very comfortable with that for daily needs. I’ve carried daily for 30yrs, everything from G19’s to 1911’s, love them all, but to me the 43 is the perfect carry pistol in weight, size and reliability.

Generally been disinterested in any new Glock for a few years now, but I like this one. Narrower than the standard Glocks, but has the barrel length and sight radius of a compact, decent capacity, and a longer grip than the G26.

I'll definitely get my mitts on one to cop a feel. Been looking for a slimline 9 and I think the G48 has joined the LC9s, PPS M2, and Springfield XD-E as the ones I need to try before I buy.

I've really wanted them to make a single stack 19 for a while. Glad to see that it appears to be coming true. I will probably buy one when they become available. I hope the the two tone slides will be easy to find- I like that look (though you don't see the nickel boron models very often). I'm not crazy about the forward slide serrations but I wouldn't let that be a turn-off.

It is more of a stagger stack Glock 19. Slightly longer slide than a 19, with forward serrations.

For those of us in 10-round states, I can see the appeal. A bit narrower grip circumference for those with smaller hands and easier concealment.
Thanx, two links clicked did not give me that info!! (Just dimensions).

Sounds like they’re trying!! I like glocks, but I’ve never shot the baby ones well.

I've really wanted them to make a single stack 19 for a while. Glad to see that it appears to be coming true. I will probably buy one when they become available. I hope the the two tone slides will be easy to find- I like that look (though you don't see the nickel boron models very often). I'm not crazy about the forward slide serrations but I wouldn't let that be a turn-off.
Just be happy they didn't decide to put the finger grooves back in

For those in the 10 round states that don’t have a psycho AG on a power trip with her own made up “rules”... then yeah it would be great.

A lot of females with small hands can't hit a mag release on double stack semiautos without rotating a gun in their strong hand or using their weak hand or doing some other unnatural thing. They'd happily buy a bigger than pocket size single stack 9mm.

Maybe I’m just a cranky old f*** but I just don’t get the need to jump up and spend (in MA 600.00+$) for every new thing that comes out just because it gives me 2-3 more rounds. Must be a rich mans game.

Couple spare TT+3 mags for the 43 and I’m very comfortable with that for daily needs. I’ve carried daily for 30yrs, everything from G19’s to 1911’s, love them all, but to me the 43 is the perfect carry pistol in weight, size and reliability.

IMHO these guns are actually pretty inexpensive, in the grand scheme of things.... but on the whole, it is kinda silly. I'm probably more liable to get an extra 43 as a backup to complement the one I already
have.

Although I have to admit I'd be intrigued by a flatter Glock .45 ACP handgun... eg something that held like 8-10 rounds but was flatter than the G30/21 profiled mags etc. I would probably buy that for the amusement
value if they made one and it was reliable.

-Mike

It'll never be a "single stack G19". [laugh] Then it would cease being a G19.

Nothing will ever be a G19 but a G19, as far as I'm concerned god came down and told gaston about how to make one and insisted he came up with the idea on the 9th day...

The G19 is on its own island. Nothing can compare to it, nothing can surpass it.

-Mike

It'll never be a "single stack G19". [laugh] Then it would cease being a G19.

Nothing will ever be a G19 but a G19, as far as I'm concerned god came down and told gaston about how to make one and insisted he came up with the idea on the 9th day...

The G19 is on its own island. Nothing can compare to it, nothing can surpass it.

-Mike

shy6R5Z.gif

I have said for a while if a gun manufacture made a slim "full size" it would be a hit. Easier to carry and better control. I know women who aren't regualrly into shooting have issues with the width of the standard handgun.

Just be happy they didn't decide to put the finger grooves back in

Im a glock fanboy. (Im not blind, they do some stupid shit) But laughed at the new marketing push of no finger groves, on the 5 and the 19x. But now I much prefer not having them now.

Back
Top Bottom