Glock 44, FUN fun range gun

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
G44

this was supposed to cut down on ammo cost on my weekly range time

sadly not so, it is so much fun to shoot, I’m shooting 4X the amount I was shooting 9mm
it’s a Fungun. Period!
a little over 1200 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags 40 gr. 22cal ain’t clean !E3B4C469-7D27-4415-8A63-419AC723D1FB.jpeg
three errors
Failed to eject
Failed to fire
failed to hold slide open on last round
these errors happened within the 1st 60 shots..... all different mags. No errors for the next 1160 rounds
weighs less than a pound😂 unbelievable!

transition from shooting g44 to g17 or 19 is INSTANTLY fluid. Of course this is the same size as the G19’s
cleaned thrice, once upon opening tupperwear. Once after 100 rounds. Once after the next 500 went down the tube

hasn't mysteriously gone off all by itself 🤷‍♂️

i like Glocks, just do. Have tons of other brands, but Glock is the right fit for me. Certainly not everyone’s cup of tea

if your interested in specs, look online

hate away brothers “ It’s a Glock “

BTW, that’s a stock photon, not my piece

I bought one at my LGS down here in Tennessee about a month ago. Pretty much the same experience and reasoning as @Yosemite Sam re reliability and ammo.

Used Federal bulk and minimags. Cleaned out of the box and after the first couple hundred rounds, not since, total about 500 so far.

Only problem I had is the stock 10 round mags last about 2 seconds, and the 17 round Pro-mag sucks donkey d!ck. Glad I only bought one.

But yeah, "saving" money shooting 22 vs 9 amd 45....

I picked one up as well just after they were released and must have north of 7,500 rounds through it between my 15 year-old daughter and myself. It’s an absolute joy to shoot and seems to perform exceedingly well no matter what I’m feeding it. Honestly, I’d say it surpassed my expectations in regards to reliability.

This is great to hear. I picked one up a month ago. cleaned it. ran a couple mags through it of cci sv. and it’s been sitting in the corner of my dining room since because I haven’t had time to go shooting since. Talk about cost savings with 22lr !! shhh it doesnt count when you’re not shooting at all. I did pick up 4 more factory mags for it though.

Question for all that own the G44, did any of you research the broken/cracked slide issues before actually purchasing one?
example if not:

I want to look past the negativity I have read online, but I have no clue if Glock fixed anything internally after some of the reported issues.

I have been considering one mainly for my 10 and 11 year old to shoot for a private lesson I have set up for them. Obviously, I have had some concerns about anything going wrong on their first day shooting. I have an incredibly unreliable Walther P22 I bought around 2007 and a very reliable Ruger Mark III from the same era. I think the Ruger may be a bit heavy, so I figured the Glock size would be perfect.

Didn't read into any issues, literally shot one and decided I had to have one. Mine must have 2500-3000rds through it with no issues. I sold a very nice Ruger MkIV lite to make way for this one. It was a great gun but the controls and manipulation was nothing like any of my others so I didn't end up using it much.

Makes sense. I have a few other Glocks, so I want this one to join the family, but since its mainly to introduce the kids to shooting, I want to make the "right" choice.

I looked into all the reported issues before getting mine. I specifically purchased mine as a training aid for my g19 carry pistol, so I wasn’t burning .60 a pop. For me even if it jams or does anything like that I don’t mind practicing failure drills as I feel that will help me in the long run. If there is a catastrophic failure like a slide crack, I have no doubts that Glock will make it right. I already have plenty of 22lr plinkers. This is solely a training aid for me.

Question for all that own the G44, did any of you research the broken/cracked slide issues before actually purchasing one?
Yes and I honestly didn't care as I just wasn't convinced it was going to be a widespread problem. I didn't think it would be an issue and fortunately it hasn't been. I also have faith Glock would not deny replacing a cracked slide if it happened. However I will say, I do give it a thorough checkover for any hairline cracks after each use though, lol.

Nice write-up in the latest NRA mag on them. Their sample seemed to prefer 40gr bullets vs 36. Said the 36's hang up from the mag to feed ramp. Otherwise it was pretty good.

I'm tempted to consider one. I need another gun like a hole in the head, but. . . . . you know. LOL

Makes sense. I have a few other Glocks, so I want this one to join the family, but since its mainly to introduce the kids to shooting, I want to make the "right" choice.
FWIW, my 11-year-old son loves ours and shoots it well.

I got it for the same reason as others: shoot/ train more economically. I'm an H&K fanboy but I really like my G44.

Got mine locally in Massachusetts at my FFL inside of 495 under $500 and has been great. Glock made changes to the ejector after the 1st generation had slide failures. Any serial number prior to AEH is the older version. My 44 is AEM is has been very solid. Takes a Apex trigger and ameriglow sites just fine. no issues with cycling with the metal sights.

Attachments

• 20200920_202502.jpg
    20200920_202502.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 19
I’ve been looking for one since about June with none to be had local to me. Then of course when they do have any they are almost full MSRP which I can’t justify seeing I would also be buying the threaded barrel for it. The 44 is definitely on my wish list.

I’ve been looking for one since about June with none to be had local to me. Then of course when they do have any they are almost full MSRP which I can’t justify seeing I would also be buying the threaded barrel for it. The 44 is definitely on my wish list.
Bought mine in June for $440 out the door. Not sure about now but I'd ask some of the dealers at the Mecca of dealers here in MA.

I have an Apsx trigger in my G34 and like it a lot, that trigger is under 3 lbs. My G44 is at 5.5 lbs stock, I just don’t think I want to spend another $100+ to improve the trigger. I already put Sevigny/Dawson sights on it to match the 34. I wonder if it would cycle with a Holosun Red Dot???

Back
Top Bottom