Glock 43's showing up in Connecticut, not frequently, but available.

allen-1

NES Member
Stopped by semi-local gunshop last week, he'd just sold the two G43's he'd gotten in, but expects a couple more next week - so I asked him to hold one for me and call me when it comes in. Stopped by local shop today to meet a guy I know to buy some ammo, and he had a G43 in the case right next to a G42. Priced reasonably, less than 500, (before sales tax). I don't expect it to be there long.

This pisses me off that in MA I would have to buy one private sale for $800-900. I refuse to do it although I will buy yours if you price it reasonably.

Lol just wait til the new roster they should be on it along with the g 40 please neeeeeeed one of those

Lol just wait til the new roster they should be on it along with the g 40 please neeeeeeed one of those

While they may make the roster, they will still be illegal according to the AG here in MA. Remember, they have maintained that anything post-ban (1998?) can only be sold brand new to a LEO. If anyone else wants one, they need to do it thru a private transaction. I don't expect this to change any time soon.

Last edited:
This pisses me off that in MA I would have to buy one private sale for $800-900. I refuse to do it although I will buy yours if you price it reasonably.

Thats a choice you make, you don't have to pay that if you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

While they may make the roster, they will still be illegal according to the AG here in MA. Remember, they have maintained that anything post-ban (1998?) can only be sold brand new to a LEO. If anyone else wants one, they need to do it thru a private transaction. I don't expect this to change any time soon.

Once it gets on the roster the dealer can only be sued, not prosecuted. This increses the number of dealers willing to take that risk. (money vs jail). Also, your understanding of the regs is pretty flawed, i'd suggest simply forgetting anything you think you know about handgun compliance, its probably wrong. As a consumer its worthless knowledge anyways.

There is not one correct bit of information in that post.

The Sig P226 I have is "post-ban" (to use your words, not mine) and it isn't "illegal". In fact, its readily available at any dealer who carries Sig products......

There is not one correct bit of information in that post.

Most people when they start talking about handgun compliance sound like this.... I just tune them out its so bad.

"can't buy new glocks dey are iwwweeeeguhl must have preee ban in the state blah blah portuguese enhanced driving tunic zomg."

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people when they start talking about handgun compliance sound like this.... I just tune them out its so bad.

"can't buy new glocks dey are iwwweeeeguhl must have preee ban in the state blah blah portuguese enhanced driving tunic zomg."

I just wish people who had no idea what they are talking about would "speak" less and read more. Would lead to less nonsense and bad information being passed around.

That of course assumes they have some idea that they are completely wrong, which they typically don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish people who had no idea what they are talking about would "speak" less and read more. Would lead to less nonsense and bad information being passed around.

That of course assumes they have some idea that they are completely wrong, which they typically don't.

The problem is there is some authoritative type with suspenders doing the hurr durr shuffle at a gun shop or something like that and everyone sucks for it and believes it. Or "so and so told me and hes a cop" etc.

-Mike

If I'm wrong, then so be it. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Perhaps I misunderstood Len in this thread (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...New-Shop-in-Westwood-MA?p=4481156#post4481156) when he typed:

"True, assuming state law allows for that. MGL does NOT allow sales of Glocks to non-LE and other models/brands may be the same."

When I hear that MGL does not allow something, i take it to mean illegal. If it could be interpreted some other way, I am more than willing to hear the alternate explanation.

BTW, the abrasive nature of the posts certainly do not foster the notion that this is an area where folks can come learn new things and learn from their mistakes. What it does imply is that if you are not one of the veterans of the forums you are expected to just shut up and say nothing, because obviously the veterans are the only ones who know anything and the only ones who should speak and be heard on any subject.

If I'm wrong, then so be it. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Perhaps I misunderstood Len in this thread (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...New-Shop-in-Westwood-MA?p=4481156#post4481156) when he typed:

"True, assuming state law allows for that. MGL does NOT allow sales of Glocks to non-LE and other models/brands may be the same."

When I hear that MGL does not allow something, i take it to mean illegal. If it could be interpreted some other way, I am more than willing to hear the alternate explanation.

BTW, the abrasive nature of the posts certainly do not foster the notion that this is an area where folks can come learn new things and learn from their mistakes. What it does imply is that if you are not one of the veterans of the forums you are expected to just shut up and say nothing, because obviously the veterans are the only ones who know anything and the only ones who should speak and be heard on any subject.

2 Things:

1. You're right, I was harsh. Its come a point where we have seen the same misinformation regurgitated on the forums so many times that it gets tiring. My apologies. Out of curiosity, where did you pull your info from? Did you get it from an NRA instructor? Gun store employee? Police Officer? Just from LenS's thread here?

2. What LenS means is, the sale is "illegal" in that the dealer can get in trouble for it, but we are allowed to own those guns. The gun is not illegal, the FLL transfer is. Saying the gun is illegal implies that we are not allowed to even possess it, which is of course not true.

You are misinterpreting what was written in the post....

As far as harsh, yes, every other day someone with 4 posts hopes in and repeats the same false statements, or trolls a thread, or wonders why the "can't" buy a glock.... The harshness is not personal, and truly not really directed solely at you. Either way, welcome. I hope you hang around, as while we can be a harsh bunch, overall it's a great group of people

Obviously, I did't word my original post clearly enough and used less than accurate/imprecise wording. I did not mean to imply that it was illegal to own, just that getting it direct from the dealer as BNIB, never having been sold before, was not allowed.

I'll admit I'm new to this world, just starting now on the path to my LTC, shooting, and collecting. I'm hoping to meet some good peeps here who will help me learn. I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way, just hoping folks will be patient and also realize they were once new and made mistakes and didn't know everything either.

Welcome to the forum. Excuse the harshness, some people have a hard time expressing themselves without being condescending.

The MA gun laws and AG regulations are purposely designed to be contradictory, hard to understand, and constantly open to interpretation. The AG regulations are particularly slippery, which is why many dealers won't touch some sales or even transfers from out of state. To the AG and many legislators, that's a feature, not a bug.

Obviously, I did't word my original post clearly enough and used less than accurate/imprecise wording. I did not mean to imply that it was illegal to own, just that getting it direct from the dealer as BNIB, never having been sold before, was not allowed.

I'll admit I'm new to this world, just starting now on the path to my LTC, shooting, and collecting. I'm hoping to meet some good peeps here who will help me learn. I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way, just hoping folks will be patient and also realize they were once new and made mistakes and didn't know everything either.

Your fine, no worries. Welcome

Good luck with the LTC process, glad to see another join the fold! Anything that is construed as "the gun is illegal" around here gets shot up pretty quickly [laugh]

Welcome aboard!

inkdesigner. Welcome to the club, and just a reminder. If you happen to see such non roster or compliant handguns.
1. Do not post location here.
2. if you want it buy it and enjoy it
[cheers]

Back
Top Bottom