Glock 43

Issue with hollow points nosediving into barrel. Fmj work just fine no issues. Not sure why this is happening. Also I do have plus one taran tactical basepads. Gun is stock everywhere else.

Attachments

• 4DF391AC-E6DE-4140-A99E-71DFC7554F8C.png
    4DF391AC-E6DE-4140-A99E-71DFC7554F8C.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 158
My 42 did the same with one flavor from Hornady, I switched to Speer and they fed fine

Mine is stock, even the mags

Clean your mags and pistol.
Use a firm grip when firing it.
If that doesn't help then try other ammo.

Looking at my g43 my first thought is mag spring, my g43 points noses so high that the bottom lip of the bullet is hitting at least 3/4 up the ramp- much higher than what you're picturing.

I'd also look at that spur on the frame that pushes the rear end of the bullets down- maybe yours is out of alignment.

Issue with hollow points nosediving into barrel. Fmj work just fine no issues. Not sure why this is happening. Also I do have plus one taran tactical basepads. Gun is stock everywhere else.
It’s was Hornsby critical duty

Try different ammo before you start disassembling shit trying to figure out what's wrong.

Do what Greg suggested and change your ammo. The interwebs are full of stories about the red polymer in the cavity of the Hornady CD hollow point gumming up the inside of magazines and feed ramps.

Is it only the one mag or diff +1’s? I’ve got hundreds of rounds thru my TT + 3’s on a G43 and not one issue.

Their +1’s IMO are so small it’s kind of a waste anyway for 1extra round. Get the +2 pre-made for carry if you need that extra concealment and +3 for a spare.

I've got two G43's that I carry, (yeah - it's that dual state thing). They're set-up identically including Pearce Plus+1 mags and I load them with Winchester Ranger 147 GR bonded ammo. I ran 150 rounds through each gun, (50 rounds through each mag), to make sure that it worked reliably.

I disagree with Sabougolden, don't polish your ramp.

It's one of three things - either your choice of ammo, your choice of mags, or the combination.

Take the mags apart and clean them first. Mark them so that you can see if one or the other is giving you issues or if it's both (all) of them. Once the mags are clean run standard profile ammo through them, at least a box to see if you have any issues. If ball ammo won't run in these mags in your gun I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. But in the meantime, I'd go back to the factory 6 round mag or find another solution.

If you don't have any issues, then try your ammo again, and when you do, still pay attention to which mag is running correctly or not. If one mag works and the other doesn't, then it's just the specific mag. You might want to either talk to the manufacturer or use something else. I'm pretty conservative for my carry gun, I'd use something else. If my range toy malfunctions it's no big deal, if my carry gun malfunctions it could mean my life.

If they all fail after working with ball ammo - it means that ammo/mag combination won't run in your gun. In which case, try a standard mag and that ammo in your gun. You do still have the factory mag, right? If standard mag and that ammo run, then you need to either get new mags or new ammo.

If you go to new ammo, I'd run at least a box through your gun to make sure it cycles correctly. I know defensive ammo's expensive, but the thought of my carry gun malfunctioning when I most need it because I was trying to save money...

I am going to start fresh with 2 brand new mags no aftermarket base plates and a bunch of carry ammo and Fmj and head to the range

Glock is sending me a brand new recoil spring also because I mentioned to them on the takedown process the recoil spring falls out

Last thing I want to do is send this to glock. I have had bad experience before sending things to manufacturers. If I can’t solve the problem I will probably go to northeast arms and see what Steve recommends.

Glock is sending me a brand new recoil spring also because I mentioned to them on the takedown process the recoil spring falls out

You didn't mention this about the recoil spring yesterday. A spring that falls out during takedown would certainly cause failures to feed and I've never seen that in over 25 years of owning Glocks. Are you sure that it was inserted correctly?

Yes 100 percent. i own other glocks and this has never happened. Just thought I would contact Glock and then are sending me a new one. But I obv should of shared that in the original post. Sorry but that could be it I just didn’t realize Fmj would shoot fine but hollow point was a no go. Didn’t realize the recoil spring could cause that.

On takedown the spring becomes extremely loose even falling out every 1 of 3 times.

That's wrong.

I have my Glock 43 in front of me as I type this. I just broke it down. Mag out, clear the chamber, check the chamber twice, pull the trigger, pull the slide back a smidge, pull the slide lock down and the slide comes off. Looking at the assembled slide right now.

The recoil spring is actually two springs and the assembly is under a little bit of tension when it's in place. The barrel lug that it snaps into has two places that it could lodge against, an upper square one and a lower semi-circular one. The spring assembly goes into the lower semi-circular one. If by any chance you're not pushing it down into that lower location, that could give you the problem you're describing.

Nope like I said
That's wrong.

I have my Glock 43 in front of me as I type this. I just broke it down. Mag out, clear the chamber, check the chamber twice, pull the trigger, pull the slide back a smidge, pull the slide lock down and the slide comes off. Looking at the assembled slide right now.

The recoil spring is actually two springs and the assembly is under a little bit of tension when it's in place. The barrel lug that it snaps into has two places that it could lodge against, an upper square one and a lower semi-circular one. The spring assembly goes into the lower semi-circular one. If by any chance you're not pushing it down into that lower location, that could give you the problem you're describing.

Nope like I said I own a few glocks I am putting the spring right into its groove. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

That's wrong.

When you take down your 43 is the spring loose or out of place mine legit falls out or is severely loose every time

What is throwing me off is that it works with Fmj nonissue then when I load hollow it does the nose dive

I’m hoping it’s just the recoil spring maybe replacing that with do the trick. The gun is brand new only about 350 rounds of Fmj. The born date on the Glock 43 was in mid March.

When you take down your 43 is the spring loose or out of place mine legit falls out or is severely loose every time

Spring is not loose, at all. I have to push the end that's against the lug, (the other end is "buried" in the front end of the slide), with my thumb to compress it to take it out.

When putting back together I compress it a little put it in the notch but on takedown it’s just really loose like it falling out of place
Spring is not loose, at all. I have to push the end that's against the lug, (the other end is "buried" in the front end of the slide), with my thumb to compress it to take it out.

slide.jpg spring.jpg spring.jpg
What is throwing me off is that it works with Fmj nonissue then when I load hollow it does the nose dive

If it runs ball ammo no issue, then the obvious thing to do is try a different hollowpoint ammo.

BUT - the recoil spring being loose like that is an issue. If it's loose then either it's the wrong length, or your barrel isn't locked up, which would mean that the ramp is in the wrong location... I don't know how that could occur. I'm not a gunsmith - I don't even play one on TV.

I'm just thinking that if the recoil spring drops out - that either the spring is too short - or the space that it fits into is too long. The only way for the space to be too long is for the barrel to be in the wrong place. I'm looking at my slide and barrel now. There would have to be extensive visible damage to the barrel at the chamber end for this to happen. Really seems unlikely.

slide.jpg

Back
Top Bottom