• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 43

I have a similar setup, with the TT +2. I used all sorts of HPs without any issues. I’ve run Golden Saber and now Critical Defense.

I just tried a bunch of ways to duplicate your issue and looks like a weak recoil spring is the only thing that makes sense.

Do what Greg suggested and change your ammo. The interwebs are full of stories about the red polymer in the cavity of the Hornady CD hollow point gumming up the inside of magazines and feed ramps.

I've used lots of CD 135 +Ps in my 43 and don't see anything "gumming up the magazines" etc.

-Mike

Other people have had issues with this ammo. I also didn't say that was his problem, as it was a suggestion. In fact, once he mentioned the recoil spring falling out upon takedown, I posted that was his issue. Personally, I still wouldn't use Hornady for self-defense ammo, but if it works for you, keep using it.

Just a few stories on Hornady ammo -

Hornady Critical defense bullet rubber insert sticking?
Trouble with Hornady Critical Duty ammo - SIG Talk
No More Hornady Critical anything for me.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SigSauer/comments/7i3w58/possible_ammo_issues_9mm_p320_with_hornady/

Hornady Critical Defense.....feeding issues - Gear

43 does the same thing.. stock, +1, and+2 mags all the +X have +11% mag springs. All ball 115gr federal target so far. Without looking at the book, probably 10 ramp ftf per 100rds.

Well I got the new recoil spring and it is still doing the same thing with hollow point sig and critical defense just nosediving into the barrel but when I slingshot the slide it goes into batter only when releasing the slide release this is occurring again with Fmj and actually Remington Carry ammo is works

I would say about 350 rounds of Fmj and some hollow point this is all happening hitting the slide realsaxe

I don’t know what to do I ordered some new Glock oem mags so if that doesn’t work not sure what direction to go in besides maybe Steve at northeast again the last thing I want to do is send it back to glock

I’m just not sure what other parts it could be. Possibly barrel out of speck. The recoil spring is brand new now

I've got two G43's that I carry, (yeah - it's that dual state thing). They're set-up identically including Pearce Plus+1 mags and I load them with Winchester Ranger 147 GR bonded ammo. I ran 150 rounds through each gun, (50 rounds through each mag), to make sure that it worked reliably.

I disagree with Sabougolden, don't polish your ramp.

It's one of three things - either your choice of ammo, your choice of mags, or the combination.

Take the mags apart and clean them first. Mark them so that you can see if one or the other is giving you issues or if it's both (all) of them. Once the mags are clean run standard profile ammo through them, at least a box to see if you have any issues. If ball ammo won't run in these mags in your gun I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. But in the meantime, I'd go back to the factory 6 round mag or find another solution.

If you don't have any issues, then try your ammo again, and when you do, still pay attention to which mag is running correctly or not. If one mag works and the other doesn't, then it's just the specific mag. You might want to either talk to the manufacturer or use something else. I'm pretty conservative for my carry gun, I'd use something else. If my range toy malfunctions it's no big deal, if my carry gun malfunctions it could mean my life.

If they all fail after working with ball ammo - it means that ammo/mag combination won't run in your gun. In which case, try a standard mag and that ammo in your gun. You do still have the factory mag, right? If standard mag and that ammo run, then you need to either get new mags or new ammo.

If you go to new ammo, I'd run at least a box through your gun to make sure it cycles correctly. I know defensive ammo's expensive, but the thought of my carry gun malfunctioning when I most need it because I was trying to save money...

that all sounds terrific! but polishing your ramp can't hurt... can it?

that all sounds terrific! but polishing your ramp can't hurt... can it?

It shouldn't be necessary in this case. That's something you do to an older 1911 which was strictly designed for ball-ammo so that you can run something else in it. Or that you do when you drop in a new barrel because it needs fitting.

This is a new gun, stock parts, except for the mags.

So, no, it can't hurt - unless he goes overboard - but it's not going to help.

The original facts all pointed to ammo, mags or combination. The recoil spring dropping out is really strange, and it's even stranger now that he's got a replacement one and has the same behavior.

That
It shouldn't be necessary in this case. That's something you do to an older 1911 which was strictly designed for ball-ammo so that you can run something else in it. Or that you do when you drop in a new barrel because it needs fitting.

This is a new gun, stock parts, except for the mags.

So, no, it can't hurt - unless he goes overboard - but it's not going to help.

The original facts all pointed to ammo, mags or combination. The recoil spring dropping out is really strange, and it's even stranger now that he's got a replacement one and has the same behavior.

Honestly that’s what’s bothering me now because I feel like it when I got the recoil spring replaced it was going to solve the problems and it has not

It just seems like with stubby hollow points it does not feed but it’s a Glock there should not be happening even for other new guns they should not be happening maybe it’s the barrel maybe it’s a few other things but I’m going to replace what I can and then if I can’t figure it out then I’ll bring it to a gunsmith and last resort send it back To glock

Problem solved it was the aftermarket basepads I used 2 brand new glock oem magazines an could not manipulate the problem

Problem solved it was the aftermarket basepads I used 2 brand new glock oem magazines an could not manipulate the problem

Excellent.

I've literally (yes Evadd, "literally") got 8 Pearce +1 mags and have not had a single issue with any of them. I've got two for each of my carry guns and four for my range bag. The extra round is nice, but the pinky extender is really nice. That gives me 7+1 loaded plus another 7 in my spare mag.

Pearce Grips

Not only did I love the plus one I also the the look of the taran tactical basepads but obv I had an issue so just back to stock

Not only did I love the plus one I also the the look of the taran tactical basepads but obv I had an issue so just back to stock

You might try reassembling them. The +1s use the stock spring, maybe it's the spring? Did you reassemble the stock mag with stock spring and baseplate? I wouldn't give up on the Taran stuff, it's reportedly very reliable.

Thats what I have read, that they are very reliable. I have taken them apart and put back together I’m not giving up going to do a lot more shooting with the taran mags and see what happens. But the two Glock oem magazines worked fine with the sig v crown.

I would get in touch with Taran Tactical and let them know of your problems. I hope they would either replace them for you or let you return them for a refund. I don't want to speak for them, but they have a solid reputation, and the mag extensions aren't cheap.
Please keep us all posted, I've been waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer to get to the range and test the three +2's I just bought from Taran. I also need to test the two Promag 10 round mags that I bought to use for IDPA. I didn't even know when I bought the G43 a couple weeks ago that 10 rounders were available but it was a nice surprise.

Back
Top Bottom