Glock 43 double feeding

I have brought my 43 to the range 3 different times and had the same issue. It was double feeding and just not cycling right every few mags or so. The mags are brand new. The entire gun is stock except the sights. And ideas I read a few things about 43s jamming and double feeding online. Any suggestions. Also I called Glock they told me to bring it to a certified Glock armorer and they would pay the bill. Any good certified Glock armorers around the Boston area north shore. They have to be certified.

Not to be a jerk but I assume you have field stripped, cleaned and lubed it? I always to this with new guns.

Yes of course. The gun was cleaned and lubed after the couple times I went. Also I cleaned and lubed it before I ever brought it to the range.

1) what is the actual malfunction. "double feed" would imply two live rounds trying to access the chamber. i doubt it. are you having a failure to extract? a nosedive? please describe or place a photo of it
2) what ammo
3) are mags OEM?
4) do mags have any aftermarket features?
5) have any other shooters encountered the same malfunction. you'll need someone else to fire the pistol, preferably someone who knows how to fire a pistol.

the G43, 43x and 48 have light slides which shortens cycling time. thus ANY issues with the magazine springs will culminate in malfunctions. it's an unfortunate reality of sub 20 oz 9mm pistols. a pistol with heavy slower moving slide provides more cycling time for the mag springs and feeding mechanism to do its job. these glock mini 9mm pistols are not nearly as bomb-proof as the double stack variants especially with defensive HP ammunition. the other forums are starting to bring these issues to light and another reason I no longer carry these small pistols.

I was at the range yesterday and it was happening my cousin had the same exact problem

1) what is the actual malfunction. "double feed" would imply two live rounds trying to access the chamber. i doubt it. are you having a failure to extract? a nosedive? please describe or place a photo of it
2) what ammo
3) are mags OEM?
4) do mags have any aftermarket features?
5) have any other shooters encountered the same malfunction. you'll need someone else to fire the pistol, preferably someone who knows how to fire a pistol.

the G43, 43x and 48 have light slides which shortens cycling time. thus ANY issues with the magazine springs will culminate in malfunctions. it's an unfortunate reality of sub 20 oz 9mm pistols. a pistol with heavy slower moving slide provides more cycling time for the mag springs and feeding mechanism to do its job. these glock mini 9mm pistols are not nearly as bomb-proof as the double stack variants especially with defensive HP ammunition. the other forums are starting to bring these issues to light and another reason I no longer carry these small pistols.

Looking for some help mostly. Any advice on were to take the firearm. Again has to be glock certified because they will pick up the cost.

Looking for some help mostly. Any advice on were to take the firearm. Again has to be glock certified because they will pick up the cost.

I was Glock Certified, I think it's expired.

This is problaby something with the extractor. Make sure there isnt any shit stuck under the claw where it's supposed to be grabbing the base of the brass to drag it out of the barrel. Also make sure it has the correct amount of movement. Using a snapcap will let you take a peeksie-poo at it when you cycle it slow to see if its grabbing without risk of ND's, etc.

Then take a look at the good old fashioned ejector. Is that bad larry looking good? Is it bent wrong or damaged?

Are you limp wristing this animal or are you holding it like Thor? A true mans man grip?

I own a G42, I don't think it's ever done anything bad in terms of malfunctions.

I did discover that a 100% dry G17L will work like a bitch and give you tons of failure to eject if you don't lube her up like the sly lady she is. All of my other Glocks I've owned (G23, 26,27,30,33,34,42) don't really care what you put on them.

I can take it apart for you fully and put it back together and look at it for free if you want.

I was Glock Certified, I think it's expired.

This is problaby something with the extractor. Make sure there isnt any shit stuck under the claw where it's supposed to be grabbing the base of the brass to drag it out of the barrel. Also make sure it has the correct amount of movement. Using a snapcap will let you take a peeksie-poo at it when you cycle it slow to see if its grabbing without risk of ND's, etc.

Then take a look at the good old fashioned ejector. Is that bad larry looking good? Is it bent wrong or damaged?

Are you limp wristing this animal or are you holding it like Thor? A true mans man grip?

I own a G42, I don't think it's ever done anything bad in terms of malfunctions.

I did discover that a 100% dry G17L will work like a bitch and give you tons of failure to eject if you don't lube her up like the sly lady she is. All of my other Glocks I've owned (G23, 26,27,30,33,34,42) don't really care what you put on them.

I can take it apart for you fully and put it back together and look at it for free if you want.

I own several glocks and have never had an issue ever. So it is discouraging. I def have a solid grip on the gun no question. If I have trouble finding someone I will let you know thanks buddy.

I made a mistake I should say having trouble to extract but when I look down at the gun a few different times it did look like a double feed on one or two occasions

1) the only way to find a solution is to understand the problem...and we're not there

2) take the pistol to someone who knows what they're doing, or ship it back to glock

3) in the meantime you could make sure the extractor spring and plunger are in there correctly. if it's assembly incorrectly or without the plastic spring cap (sorry not sure the official name) then the extractor tension will be off.

Ok thanks that sounds like a big help.

make sure the extractor spring and plunger are in there correctly. if it's assembly incorrectly or without the plastic spring cap (sorry not sure the official name) then the extractor tension will be off.

Again anyone know a Glock armorer on the north shore or southern New Hampshire please let me know. Again I have contacted Glock and they told me to go this route first instead of shipping back right away.

Again anyone know a Glock armorer on the north shore or southern New Hampshire please let me know. Again I have contacted Glock and they told me to go this route first instead of shipping back right away.

shipping it back to Glock isnt the end of the world, theres no harm in it and they will definitely fix it 1st try if something is wrong with it.

You got a rare Glock 86. Get and 86 barrel and you’ll be fine. It’s an NFA item because it fires 2 bullets at once, but just don’t tell anyone.

I realize this isn't much help, but my 43 (and also 42) have been 100% dependable with all sorts of different ammo, from cheap range ammo to SD loads. Something needs attention - it should run reliably. Did you have a chance to try cleaning and checking the extractor parts?

i've learned a bunch about glock in this thread.....
Also I called Glock they told me to bring it to a certified Glock armorer and they would pay the bill.
never was aware glock would refer the customer to a subcontractor and foot the bill. good to know if any of my extremely reliable glocks shit the bed. lol
I assume you have field stripped, cleaned and lubed it?
a glock...clean, lube? wtf?
Run a few hundred rounds through it. My 42 was doing shit like that until it had a good 2-300 rounds down the pipe. Once break in occurred, it's run fine.
since when do glocks need break in?

36 years of glock ownership, experienced shooter of gen 2's, 3's & 4's and by god still learning apparently.

sign me....satisfied fanboy

never was aware glock would refer the customer to a subcontractor and foot the bill. good to know if any of my extremely reliable glocks shit the bed. lol

36 years of glock ownership, experienced shooter of gen 2's, 3's & 4's and by god still learning apparently.

give glock a buzz down in Georgia and see what they say about sending it to a Glock armorer up here maybe you will get a differ t answer or the same who knows

give glock a buzz down in Georgia and see what they say about sending it to a Glock armorer up here maybe you will get a differ t answer or the same who knows
not doubting you. [smile] do you know how they settle the invoice for the repair? does the shop doing the repair have to get an authorization from glock to proceed with a warranty repair? i'm sure the authorized repair shop in massachusetts isn't working for free. just curious is all.

Yup the armorer contacted Glock
not doubting you. [smile] do you know how they settle the invoice for the repair? does the shop doing the repair have to get an authorization from glock to proceed with a warranty repair? i'm sure the authorized repair shop in massachusetts isn't working for free. just curious is all.

Up until very recently I was on the "Glock=AK" hard core kool-aide wagon. I've been neglecting my Glocks for a long time like a true American hero. I recently picked up a Glock 17L, a semi unicorn in Glock land. Like a true a**h***, I brought this monster to a class at Sig just to see how people would react to the longest Glock side this side of the Atlantic. Well this bitch made a fool out of me in front of the instructor, a closet Glock fan boi himself. The Glock was right out of the box. I didnt lube it. It had the Loctite 8008 gold shit on the slide, perfect lets go. Well, the good ol' slide on it was a littlleeeeeeeee to long for that absolute garbage lube to help out with. So it was having a shit ton of stove pipes and failure to eject.

Since there is no doubt in anyones mind that I am a warrior, in true warrior fashion I came to this class with absolutely no cleaning supplies and or oil. The closet Glock fan boi instructor knew his brother needed help, so he told me to head on over to his truck. Dench did this. I was given a shit ton of promotional lube from some company that he had a box of samples of. I opened them up, slathered the 17L slide up like the dirty boy he was and put it back together. Worked like a champ, not a single problem after that.

But it is worth noting. My G34 went a few thousand rounds before I remembered I should probably clean it. At that point there was no lube left. It was being lubed by Soviet tears from whatever shit powder residue was coming off of the Wolf or Tiger I was running through it because I am that cheap. But that extra length on the slide was enough to put the AK back into AR15 land of reliability.

This is probably a break in issue at the end of the day. But the fact remains that the gun did work like shit without real lube. Calling the copper shit that glock puts on factory glocks lube is technically correct, but it's not lube for what Dench needs. If you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom