• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 42 night sights installation - where to go?

Devil_Inside

NES Member
I got a set of Trijicon sights for my Glock 42 for Christmas and I would like to have these installed. I called my local store (Four Seasons) and first they told me to come down on Tuesday, just to be told later that they don't have a tool for the 42... Any idea where I can go to have these installed? I am located in Burlington, MA.

I drove to Worcester and had Mike Larocca install sights for me. It isn't local but he is a good guy who does quality work.

www.laroccagunworks.com

Unfortunately that's too far of a drive for me. Thank you anyway.

call precision point, they might be able to help you out. good dudes there.

781-305-3562

They are closed until January 11 :(

Try northeast arms on Rt1 in Peabody?

I will give them a call - thanks!

I have the correct tool/adapter and can install them if you want to drive to Riverside, RI to meet me.

I called them and they said they can install the sights, although they don't have the specific adapter for the 42. I am a bit concerned if they can align them perfectly without the proper tool...

A vise, a cloth, a piece of tape, a brass hammer, and a punch will do just fine, though it can be hard to watch...

I called them and they said they can install the sights, although they don't have the specific adapter for the 42. I am a bit concerned if they can align them perfectly without the proper tool...

The 42's got what a 4" slide? It's not exactly a target pistol. From where I'm sitting, this is one of those cases where good enough is good enough. Just about my entire workshop is packed in a POD right now because I'm moving. I literally have a door sitting on two saw-horses serving as a bench in my shop right now so I have a place to clean my guns.

I de-installed the stock sights and installed the TruGlo sights on my G43 with a front sight tool, a hammer, a block of wood, some tape and a little care. It's really not rocket science.

I've replaced sights using plastic punches. I've since bought this and have been happy with it. Simple to use with instruction videos on YouTube
7bc5afdb0b66f0be708813f9a8e76b90.jpg

A vise, a cloth, a piece of tape, a brass hammer, and a punch will do just fine, though it can be hard to watch...

While this is true and usually works out fine I don't like having night sights banged into a gun. I had a case on at least one occasion where they did this, and both of the lamps on the rear were DOA because I think the pounding/vibration had probably cracked something and caused the gas to leak out. Course it happened with meprolights, maybe Trijicons are better insulated from shock.

-Mike

It's all guess work. Unless they actually fire the gun and make adjustments from there.

It's all guess work. Unless they actually fire the gun and make adjustments from there.

This, theres not a lot of hard science going on here. They put the things in, push them into place, visually check it, done. Rarely, if ever, do you have to go back and have them readjusted unless you have a really ****ed up slide or barrel.

-Mike

I don't think it's guess work at all. You just put the sights in the middle and you are good to go. It's pretty easy to get them centered with the right tool. It may be a bit harder when you are whacking them with a hammer...

We measure every sight with a set of calipers... So I'm confident they will be perfect!! [smile]

Also We have a few different styles/brands in stock for the 42/43

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom