• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GLOCK 42 first impressions

I fondled this today at Rileys. Wicked small looking grip but I was impressed at how well it fit in my large hands. Usually guns of this size and caliber beg for a pinky extension. Not this one. I liked it more after actually seeing and holding it. This will be mighty impressive in 9mm. Still a bit overpriced at $425...

Im in florida for a couple days. Stopped by the local range and shot one. Not impressed but then again im not impressed by any 380 since you could have a pps or shield in 9 or 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a weird feeling that Glock will have a single stack 9mm coming in 6-12 months.

I bet they have prototypes of this already.

/conspiracy theory:eek:n

This gun (the 42) may have started life as a 9mm but it became a .380 because they may have run into some engineering problems that made the 9mm unreliable. So Glock hedges and releases the .380 for now.....

/conspiracy theory:eek:ff

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no point in it, sure its a glock and I love my glocks but my bg380 is a great gun and its smaller in every dimension and cheaper than the glock. You can get the pm9 as many people noted on here and its smaller than the 42. If it was a 9mmI would own it and sell the 26. I dont see that happening anytime soon. Oh wait I own a 29... man up.

I see no point in it, sure its a glock and I love my glocks but my bg380 is a great gun and its smaller in every dimension and cheaper than the glock. You can get the pm9 as many people noted on here and its smaller than the 42. If it was a 9mmI would own it and sell the 26. I dont see that happening anytime soon. Oh wait I own a 29... man up.

BG380 ? Great gun? [laugh]

I have a G42. I love the gun.. I just ran 300 rounds threw. Not a single hiccup.I do agree that the 9mm would have been nice but its not here yet.
Reason for me buying it is because I like glocks and will carry it everyday because of its size and weight.. When they make a 9 ill give this to the wife and carry the 9.

I would like to swap my bodyguard for the G42 but will I be able to find one living in MA for a reasonable price? If anybody can direct me to one let me know.

Back
Top Bottom