Glock .380's

Serapis

Navy Veteran
Why are the new Glock .380's only for LE sales according to Glock Website? Production issue maybe?

Actually I just noticed they are not made here, hence I think it may be a points issue with importation.

I did not think LE's were exempt from importation laws, though.

Why are the new Glock .380's only for LE sales according to Glock Website? Production issue maybe?

They don't meet ATF points criteria for importation because of the caliber. LE/Mil are the only exemptions. Pretty worthless guns from a practical standpoint, as they are just as large as their 9mm counterparts, so you don't gain anything by buying them anyways. The only real people who want them are Glock collectors.... those are the holy grails outside of the 18. [laugh]

-Mike

They don't meet ATF points criteria for importation because of the caliber. LE/Mil are the only exemptions. Pretty worthless guns from a practical standpoint, as they are just as large as their 9mm counterparts, so you don't gain anything by buying them anyways. The only real people who want them are Glock collectors.... those are the holy grails outside of the 18. [laugh]

-Mike

There were a couple of factory made Glock 9x21.

-Mike

this

Did those guns have their own model numbers or were they just like 17's with a special chamber?

I thought they were 19?

from my understanding The only reason they are made are for countries that dont alow civilians to own nato calibers

The caliber and the fact it it's a blowback design make it fall short of the ATFs ridiculous 75 "points".

The Glocks we can buy right now don't even make the cut. They have to be imported with adjustable sights and they switch them out for the fixed sights in GA.

The caliber and the fact it it's a blowback design make it fall short of the ATFs ridiculous 75 "points".

The Glocks we can buy right now don't even make the cut. They have to be imported with adjustable sights and they switch them out for the fixed sights in GA.

Well, thank God the BAFTE is keeping us safe from those exploding Glo-oh, wait....

-Mike
They were basically designed for the European/Latin American markets. Italy, France, Mexico and several other countries specifically prohibit the civilian possession of firearms chambered in what they consider to be "military" calibers. Mexico especially so, since even obsolete military calibers that were used by Mexican military forces many decades ago, are forbidden to civilians. Ruger chambered a series of Mini-14s in .222 Remington for sale to French civilians. The .38 Special revolver and .380 automatic are the largest calibers legally allowed for licensed civilians in Mexico. Violation of Mexican gun laws carry draconian penalties, as many Americans found out the hard way. Possession of even a single round of "military" ammo in Mexico can easily result in a 5 year prison sentence.

Back
Top Bottom