• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 36

DONE! This thing could pass for NIB... can't wait to shoot it!!
IMG00387-20120816-2139.jpg

DONE! This thing could pass for NIB... can't wait to shoot it!!
IMG00387-20120816-2139.jpg

Congrats! I knew I'd regret selling mine so I am keeping it. If you have a strong grip and a don't limp wrist you'll be able to shoot it perfectly. I love the finish on the Glock's slide, and the bore should be blinding bright. Enjoy [thumbsup]

I would prefer the 30 over a 36. It's only slightly larger, holds more boolits and you can use G21 mags with it.

I still keep hearing rumors that Glock will one day bring us a model with the G30 frame and G36 slide. Then you get all 10 rounds of .45 with a slightly thinner profile that will fit normal G19 holsters. Last I heard they were testing them with some of the LAPD tactical teams but this was last year and I haven't heard anything on it recently.

I would prefer the 30 over a 36. It's only slightly larger, holds more boolits and you can use G21 mags with it.

I still keep hearing rumors that Glock will one day bring us a model with the G30 frame and G36 slide. Then you get all 10 rounds of .45 with a slightly thinner profile that will fit normal G19 holsters. Last I heard they were testing them with some of the LAPD tactical teams but this was last year and I haven't heard anything on it recently.

Ask Nicole from Acme Armament about her Glock 66 [laugh]. I am tempted to do that myself.

Point taken, but for now allow me to bask in the warm glow of ferritic nitrocarburizing. [smile]

Point taken, but for now allow me to bask in the warm glow of ferritic nitrocarburizing. [smile]

I agree. Don't let people rain on your parade. I believe that every gun has its rightful owner. If you don't like it, so be it. But if you love shooting it, it doesn't matter what others think of it. Yeah I know this is obvious but I swear some shooters have sh** for brains.

If you run into any issues or want to polish the internals, PM me Mauser. Again, enjoy and hope to see you soon.

-Al

Ask Nicole from Acme Armament about her Glock 66 [laugh]. I am tempted to do that myself.

[wave] I'm the one with the G66. I have about 900-1000 rounds through it w/o any problems. Most of those rounds are either Rem. GS or Magtech.

I don't know about it fitting in a G19 holster as the G30 frame is wide. I'll see if there is one in the shop to try.

Every year when I see the Glock reps. I ask if they are coming out with this as the next new model and am told the same thing, "Working on it in testing along with many other things."

abomb,
If you want to try it, we are going to the range this Sunday and you could shoot it then. If you can't make this Sunday, let me know if another day is better.

I agree. Don't let people rain on your parade. I believe that every gun has its rightful owner. If you don't like it, so be it. But if you love shooting it, it doesn't matter what others think of it. Yeah I know this is obvious but I swear some shooters have sh** for brains.

If you run into any issues or want to polish the internals, PM me Mauser. Again, enjoy and hope to see you soon.

-Al
Thanks for the words of support and the very kind offer of polishing if needed... looking forward to meeting up! -- Ted

Congrats! I knew I'd regret selling mine so I am keeping it. If you have a strong grip and a don't limp wrist you'll be able to shoot it perfectly. I love the finish on the Glock's slide, and the bore should be blinding bright. Enjoy [thumbsup]

You will not regret keeping it!

I also just got my glock 36 a few days ago and it looks great. I also had a Glock 30 and I do shot a tighter group with G30. Maybe I will get used to G36 someday

Not entirely sure where to post this, but here are the results of my first magazine through the G36 onto an actual target (been shooting metal plates and cars with it up to now). This is at 10 yards.

IMG00424-20120902-1041.jpg

As you can see, first 5 rounds went pretty much into the same hole (< 1" group)... last round was an outlier as I got giddy for a moment. Shoots a little high at that distance (was holding at the bottom of the orange circle), but I'll adjust accordingly. Interested to see where it shoots at, say, 25 yds (which is honestly pretty far beyond my POU for this pistol).

I've shot the G36 and G30 pretty extensively: I like them both but the 30 is much more fun to shoot and not that much bigger than the G36. From a modern standpoint, I would also look at the XDs for comparison.

Posted from my busted old G2 on T-mobile's sorry network.

Back
Top Bottom