• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 34 Gen 3 NIB with ZERO "Glock Perfection"

Grabbed myself a NIB Gen 3 G34 gave it a quick clean and light lube and took off to the range. Started off with my own reloads and had nothing but failure to ejects, stovepipes, or an eject where the following round in the magazine didn't chamber. Even though my reloads function fine in a Shield, 92fs and a full size M & P I thought they might have been light and went to factory ammo. White Box, Blazer Brass, and Aquilla ammo same results. I even went out and bought a G17 mag but still no go.
I stripped it down and reassembled but I sure couldn't find anything that didn't look right. I could use some suggestions. I would rather get it working than send it back because it's a short season of action shooting. I'm just not feeling "Glock Perfection" right now.

A G34 should run 100% right out of the box. Did you detail strip the frame and slide?

You need to have someone check it out, preferably the shop you bought it from. If you didn't buy it from a shop are you sure it hasn't been screwed with?

That's what I thought Bill. Go figure I get one that doesn't run. I just gave it a quick clean and lube when I first hit the range but today I stripped out the trigger assembly, locking block and gave it a deep clean and ran it on the wet side. It's a major buzz kill that the Glock don't run.

I bought it from an NES vendor who doesn't have a store front. I'm sure if I can't get it figured out he'll take care of me. I have no reason to believe it wasn't NIB.

I thought the extractor (?) Was bent but I've been corrected. 20150418_180156.jpg
I look forward to trying a different slide and doing a side by side with another 34. What a PIA....

Your problems seem to be a classic example of "short stroking". Either the ammo is insufficiently powerful to operate the gun or the recoil spring is too heavy. A lighter recoil spring is a cheap way solve the problem.

That's what I thought Bill. Go figure I get one that doesn't run. I just gave it a quick clean and lube when I first hit the range but today I stripped out the trigger assembly, locking block and gave it a deep clean and ran it on the wet side. It's a major buzz kill that the Glock don't run.

That sux.
AR's run best wet; Glocks run pretty dry. Seriously, there are only a couple of lubrication spots, and they require very little oil.

Here's a pretty good illustration:
http://www.glockmeister.com/GlockLubrication.asp

Last edited:
i recently bought a gen 4 glock 34 from a store in mass... it was brand new and it shot great right out the box... my favorite shooter alongside my smith and wesson 986 9mm revolver...

Very strange, I met up with the OP yesterday. I put his complete slide on my g34 frame and it cycled flawless. My slide on his frame jammed after the first shot, cleared it, fired it and another failure to feed. I ran 3 mags through my frame/his slide with no failures. Something in his frame is causing this.

Very strange, I met up with the OP yesterday. I put his complete slide on my g34 frame and it cycled flawless. My slide on his frame jammed after the first shot, cleared it, fired it and another failure to feed. I ran 3 mags through my frame/his slide with no failures. Something in his frame is causing this.

complete slide including recoil spring? That would be the first suspect.

If your slide with your spring jammed on his frame, I'd check for plastic around the frame rails buggering things up.

complete slide including recoil spring? That would be the first suspect.

If your slide with your spring jammed on his frame, I'd check for plastic around the frame rails buggering things up.
Yes , I used his complete slide including barrel,spring etc..then put mine on his frame and the jam happened immediately, wouldnt chamber the round after firing. We checked for differences in the two frames but nothing was visible to our untrained eyes.

I'd send the whole gun back to Glock and let them fix it for you.

Glocks definitely don't need to be detail stripped and cleaned in order to function.

Glocks definitely don't need to be detail stripped and cleaned in order to function.

Agree 100%.
The original post stated it's a NIB Gen 3.
Don't do anything else at this point; just send/take it back and get it exchanged or repaired.

You've clearly established that it's defective without doing anything other than swapping the two major assemblies.
Obviously there's something wrong with the frame or one of the sub-assemblies contained within it.
If you continue to swap parts out, you may blur the line between manufacturer defect and user-caused issue.

I know you said it's a short shooting season, sorry about that - but just box it up and return it.
I'm afraid you're the exception that proves the rule - every Glock I've owned has run flawlessly...

It's going back to the dealer and I'm sure he will make it right. I'm hoping and think I'm entitled to a new firearm. I hope I'm not going to get my NIB Glock back as refurbished. Trust and reliability is important in a handgun and I would hate to start the relationship with a bad taste in my mouth. The M&P will do for now and it always works. I'm glad my bud brought his by the range to eliminate any sort of operator error.

This....Ive had quite a few glocks of all gens and have never had an FTF even with reloads.

If you tell them you compete with it when you call for your RMA number, they will try to turn it quickly.

With no request for speed, they turned my G42, which I screwed up, in just a bit over a week. It probably wasn't on the ground in Smyrna for more than a couple of days.

For what its worth, my Gen 3 G34 had over 30,000 rounds through it and never failed to fire, extract and load EVER as long as the ammo wasn't defective. I believe I was 100% with factory loads and very very close to that with my reloads.

It loved CCI Blazer. Which is great for lost brass matches.

Don

Back
Top Bottom