• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 30S

Anyone got one and test out how it compares to a regular 30?

Looking into a 30 after getting my 21sf

If anyone has one i would love to see it in person.

I have a 30 & a 36, you're welcome to try them both & we can put the 36 slide onto the 30 frame so you can see how a 30S feels. I am in Southeast MA & can host you at Massasoit Gun Club if you'd like. PM me if you're interested

If im not mistaken, ColdDayInHell has one, or a 36...i cant recall. Al will chime in at some point, he loves glocks [laugh]

[laugh] I do love Glocks but I can't seem to get over their grip radius. If I buy another Glock it'll be the 21SF. I traded the G36 for a Gen4 19.

I don't want a G30 because it's wide + heavy as hell and I have an XDs that I absolutely love.

Shoots exactly the same as the 30/30Sf/36. The only benefit of the 30S over the 30 is that its a tad bit easier to carry and a little lighter.

Personally I think I wasted my money on it. I only carry my kimber crimson ultra carry, sig 938, or my gen4 g26. So it now sits in the safe with the 30sf and 36.

You might have a point to wasting the money , since i only carry my 26 or 19, and my 21sf is HD or open carry at a range or something.

Maybe i'll look into an older 30, and not worry about the "S" model and save some money

You might have a point to wasting the money , since i only carry my 26 or 19, and my 21sf is HD or open carry at a range or something.

Maybe i'll look into an older 30, and not worry about the "S" model and save some money

Older G30's are hard to find cheap, they seem to be popular and really hold there value. With enough searching you may get lucky. I finally found one for my father but it took some digging, i would say he paid a little better than retail only because it came with extra mags, thats usually the difference. I find Armslist to be good for Glock shopping.

Shot both the glock 30, and glock 36, and even a Glock 66, and by far my favorite ...

Drum roll...

Glock 36 was more pleasant to hold , all were more recoil than the 21 but i felt more secure with the 36.

Thank you F2Blica , and Donvin great members on NES for letting me test them out.

Looks like 36 is next on the list.

It was my pleasure. You & Donvin are welcome to shoot anything I have. It was nice to meet and spend some time with two more NESers. Always nice to put a face with a name.

Last edited:
It was my pleasure. You & Donovan are welcome to shoot anything I have. It was nice to meet and spend some time with two more NESers. Always nice to put a face with a name.

+1 rep point for helping out a fellow NES'er and showing off our facilities...

Anyone got one and test out how it compares to a regular 30?

Looking into a 30 after getting my 21sf

If anyone has one i would love to see it in person.

I have a G30 that I think is the best gun out of my 6 Glocks (including my Gen 2 G21). The G23 is a close second. A friend of mine has a G30s that I should be firing as soon as I can get up to Harvard, but I don't expect much difference, other than it being slimmer.

I prefer the G30 over the G36 because of the capacity difference (10 vs. 6, and I can use the G21 hi-caps in the G30). I also do not have a problem with the standard size Glock grips with my big mitts. However, every article I have read on the G36 indicates that it may be one of the best Glock .45s yet.

If everything goes well, I should have a G21sf by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I hope the short frame works for me. How do you like the G21sf?

I love the glock 21sf alot, soft shooter, it fits me better than the 21 regular, the 30 reg.

I would love to try out an SF frame. I could bring my 21sf hopefully when i returns from my gunsmith, its getting meps put on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the glock 21sf alot, soft shooter, it fits me better than the 21 regular, the 30 reg.

I would love to try out an SF frame. I could bring my 21sf hopefully when i returns from my gunsmith, its getting meps put on it.

It was my pleasure. You & Donvin are welcome to shoot anything I have. It was nice to meet and spend some time with two more NESers. Always nice to put a face with a name.
Thanks for letting me try your 36 and sr1911 both are now firmly on my list of must have guns... That trigger on the sr1911 was amazing! Better than my sig or colt by a mile!

Thanks for letting me try your 36 and sr1911 both are now firmly on my list of must have guns... That trigger on the sr1911 was amazing! Better than my sig or colt by a mile!

Any time. Here is the trigger kit I installed in it. The factory trigger wasn't bad but the C&S kit makes it so much nicer. BTW I threw the kit in my wish list and they e-mailed me when it was on sale.

I love my 30s only took 6 months to get . I also do have the 26 gen4 and carry the S a bit more not much bigger than the 26 but deft heavier with the 45 slugs

Sorry to have to bump and old thread, but I ran my g30s this weekend. Put a ton of wwb through it, and it is now my favorite glock I have ever owned. Just awesome for an IWB edc. No hiccups, no issues at all. Just chewed and spewed.

Accuracy was not on my listof things to do with my first outing with it, so no official report there. But, a paper plate at 15 yards was easily hit with rapid follow up shots.

I've owned g19's, g27's, g26's, a g30, and without a doubt, this is my favorite.

A pleasure to shoot. Not as pleasurable as my G19, but, good enough to be an EDC. No question.

Jrjr.

Yeh i have a hard time deciding what to carry everyday now between my 26,19, and 30.

Love them all.

Im surprised that since you have a 30, you still like 30s just for ease of carry? Do you notice recoil differences between the two?

Not too worried about recoil as its purely a carry. For range time, I shoot my 1911's.

But yes, it's a bit more noticeable. Not as bad as the g27! I hated that little snapper.

Agree on the 9 round mag or should I say 8 round flush mag cause I can't get all 9 in there and if I do it won't rack the side

Back
Top Bottom