• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 29 Fail to Feed (10mm)

If the slide stop is improperly installed, it can cause issues like this. You have to put the locking block pin in first, then slip the whisker spring under it. It's an easy mistake to make and pretty common.

I forgot about that!!!

Great point.

They call the locking block pin the "1st Pin" because it is the first pin to come out and the first pin to go in.

Or instead of the massive crappery just send the thing back and get it fixed, and run it forever thereafter without worrying about it.

-Mike

because i'm not convinced this issue is a feed failure.
it sounds more like a failure to go into battery.

his OP stated the following

that's not a feed failure. if the bullet were stuck on the ramp, it isn't going to go into battery so easily.

sometimes the striker channel liner is ****ed up for whatever reason. anytime i've seen issues w glock failing to enter battery, i've stripped out the striker channel. sometimes they need a new channel liner which is a $1 part. i've found straight up mud in some channels precluding striker movement and thus slide gets stuck partway into battery.

the other issue here is if the firearm doesn't go fully into battery, it can still fire. no bueno. glocks do not have a out-of-battery safety like a sig (oops I used the S-word in a glock thread!)

regardless if the channel is clean and striker moves easily, then that's another potential issue off the table. process of elimination.

The striker channel will get gummed up if oil gets into it from the breech face, which is why the armorer's manual specifically states to not let this happen. However, as stated, this wouldn't cause a FTF or failure to go into battery.

Back
Top Bottom