• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 28 finally hitting state side

In a realm of pocket guns though that's not "barely smaller" that's a significant difference. [laugh] To me the 365 is a tank compared to a max-380, if you actually hold both
of them. Plus it's lighter, too. Yes, rationally, in 95% of the cases, it probably doesnt matter, but it depends on how one is carrying the thing. Pocket carrying a P365 is
retarded, whereas a max-380 is somewhat less retarded.

IMHO in this case its more likely a collector gun or something for people who are recoil intolerant.
I pocket carry a P365 almost every day - easily doable. Weight is similar to a steel j-frame so not a featherweight but not exactly a heavyweight either.

A lot of you guys seem to forget that every shooter is not a healthy man - I'm an older woman with a messed right arm/wrist/hand. There are a lot of women, older folks, and disabled folks who are really happy shooting 380. And this means more options.

And am I the only person on this forum who has one of the new Ruger Security 380's???? I love it! Way more than my Glock 42. IF if wasn't for the Security 380 I'd be all over this G28.
I'm really happy for all the new options in 380, it means more options for a wider range of people.

PS - I never liked the G26, it hurt my knuckles, but I did love my G19.

I pocket carry a P365 almost every day - easily doable. Weight is similar to a steel j-frame so not a featherweight but not exactly a heavyweight either.

By pocket carry standards a P365 is still a pound of lard, but then again that is going to vary depending on the pocket we're talking about. I mean at one extreme end I knew a guy who carried a G26 in a pocket.

I carry a G27 with a +1 extension IWB or in my front pant pocket depending on the weather. Very easy to conceal either way. The pinky extensions make a world of difference on the G26/27 for gripping them.

A lot of you guys seem to forget that every shooter is not a healthy man
Ah I see you’ve been to some of the NES link ups then. lol [laugh]

In all seriousness though, thanks for those who said it’s been around forever, I didn’t know that and couldn’t figure out why they’d make a neutered G26.

Would you really buy a G25 or 28 over a G42?
I wouldn't, because I'm a big strong man...

IMHO in this case its more likely a collector gun or something for people who are recoil intolerant.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

A lot of you guys seem to forget that every shooter is not a healthy man - I'm an older woman with a messed right arm/wrist/hand. There are a lot of women, older folks, and disabled folks who are really happy shooting 380. And this means more options.
Beat me to it.

PS - I never liked the G26, it hurt my knuckles, but I did love my G19.
I hope they bring out the G25, if only for you.

I've paid some attention to your journey with these over the last couple years but have forgotten - did you ever try the SW EZ380? If so, thoughts? Have you tried anything with their new 30 Super Carry? That seems like their attempt to thread a needle between 380 and 9...

Wat.

What pants do you use?

P365 pocket carry [rofl]

Little guns are gay.

Little guns in 380 are gayer.

45 gay and proud is gayer.

380 is just meh. Always will be.

I can imagine the fun that will ensue when someone who has a 28 decides to move to the 29 because, hey, it's just one additional whole number away...

Just normal jeans. I posted earlier that it's barely larger than the LCP Max. Here's a j-frame:

View attachment 739336
How safe is the trigger for striker gun in pocket carry? Do you use a hard kydex pocket holster? I'm only familiar with the classic Sig P23X and 22X lines. A small hammerless revolver still provides a warm fuzzy feeling of promising not to go off if something touches that trigger thru a soft leather pocket holster, loose clothing thread or whatever if you bend over a certain way

I love that every Glock looks the same and the numbers make no sense.

At this point they should Just call it the caliber followed by M (MICRO), S (small), R (Regular), XL

Example:
9mm XL = Glock 34
9mm R = Glock 17

Something like that.
Would literally be the most innovative thing they have done in years...

Last edited:
How safe is the trigger for striker gun in pocket carry? Do you use a hard kydex pocket holster? I'm only familiar with the classic Sig P23X and 22X lines. A small hammerless revolver still provides a warm fuzzy feeling of promising not to go off if something touches that trigger thru a soft leather pocket holster, loose clothing thread or whatever if you bend over a certain way
Yep, kydex holster - Vedder Pocket Locker. Has a little retention and reliably stays in my pocket when I draw.

Mesatchornug -
I bought a S&W 380EZ when they first came out. It was easy to rack, and light recoil.... but I hated the grip safety. I sold it right after I tried the Ruger Security 380. I really really like the Ruger. It's way better than the Smith or the G42. AND it was under $300 from my favorite FFL!!!

I plan to buy a second as a back up, something I only do with things I really really like.

I'd have to try the 25 and the 28 to compare them to the 42. The 42 was my favorite before the Ruger Security 380 came into my life. The Ruger is 10+1 or 15+1.

Last edited:
Mesatchornug -
I bought a S&W 380EZ when they first came out. It was easy to rack, and light recoil.... but I hated the grip safety. I sold it right after I tried the Ruger Security 380. I really really like the Ruger. It's way better than the Smith or the G42. AND it was under $300 from my favorite FFL!!!

I plan to buy a second as a back up, something I only do with things I really really like.
Thank you for the info!

That is what I use too for G27 pocket carry and IWB. It has a retention screw and metal clip for the pocket or the belt.

By pocket carry standards a P365 is still a pound of lard, but then again that is going to vary depending on the pocket we're talking about. I mean at one extreme end I knew a guy who carried a G26 in a pocket.
Is the 3.4" barrel of the 9mm S (G26) too much?

The P365 killed every .380 for me (except maybe the LCPII for really deep concealment).
You should check out the Kahr PM9. Smaller than 365 but still 9mm.

The LCP Max is barely smaller than the P365 so I don't understand why you'd choose the Max.
You said why. It is still smaller. That matters.

Pocket carrying a P365 is retarded, whereas a max-380 is somewhat less retarded
Where you are saying "max-380", do you mean LCP Max? How about the Security 380? How many frikkin .380's does Ruger make now?

Oh, you mean a Walther PPK or a Sig 232? [laugh] [laugh]

Last edited:
You should check out the Kahr PM9. Smaller than 365 but still 9mm.
Why should I when I like the gun I have already? Besides, I have checked it out - PM9 is, quite frankly, garbage compared to the P365. Bad ergonomics, bad trigger, bad sights, low capacity.

I find it amusing that you guys think that a quarter of an inch in overall length is a huge deal breaker for pocket carry.

Back
Top Bottom