• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 28 finally hitting state side

After all this time the best they can do is a 10 rd 380

I like glock but they need to get outside the bubble
It's been around since the early 90s, it just wasn't sold here. It was made for European markets that ban military calibers so people can't have 9mm handguns. I have no idea why it's being brought over now, I can't think of any appeal that it might have to anyone.

It's been around since the early 90s, it just wasn't sold here. It was made for European markets that ban military calibers so people can't have 9mm handguns. I have no idea why it's being brought over now, I can't think of any appeal that it might have to anyone.
It’s the shiny new (to the US) thing!

All I can think of is...

f21ea35a84dd14e002d77037d6f72969e8d2f0f7f3fffa647ecb1fd2c98d0b0c_1.jpg

Just to fry the brains of the haters, Glock should make a sub compact single stack extended version of the 43X but in .40 cal. [rofl]

That's more my point.. like what is the point of this gun

Unless it clocks in at ruger max sized

After all this time the best they can do is a 10 rd 380

I like glock but they need to get outside the bubble

It's a 28, not a 58. They made that pistol. . . . 25 years or so ago??? It's JUST allowed in the US due to silly import regulations. The 25 (??) and 28 were unavailable for the longest time b/c they were 380. 380 is important for Euro-Peons for various silly laws and rules they have. Not so much here in the US. So no one lost sleep over not having one.

I understand it is for Mexico and other places where 9mm is outlawed due to it being in use by the police and military...we don't want the peasants raiding the armories and getting ammo for the revolution you know

And it sidesteps the "Saturday Night Special" ( GCA68) law by being manufactured in the U S of A

So lets discuss the domestic market

the Glock 28 is similar (identical) in size to the Glock 26, as I have said before, .380 is big in the southern and southwestern US, the rest of the country seems to be ehhh about it, including me, and that sized gun, specifically the short grip was great when there were no other choices, but there are better guns WRT ergonomics than the G26, 27, and 28 IMHO.

The Glock 25.... same size as the Glock 19 and others but in .380, again if you are carrying the almost identical weight why not carry a Glock 19 or even a G23 in for-tay? Again .380 does not do anything better than the 9 X 19 does , does it?

Is the reason they changed the cycling to straight blownack rather than short recoil because the Glocks don't like "limp wristing" to begin with and with that weight slide and barrel a low oooomph round will not cycle reliably when chambered in .380?

Would you really buy a G25 or 28 over a G42?

Would you buy a G25, G28 or G42 over any comparable Glock product in 9mm?

I wouldn't

I wouldn't buy a Glock 46 if it were available in the US either, why mess with "Glock perfection"

Last edited:
It's a 28, not a 58. They made that pistol. . . . 25 years or so ago??? It's JUST allowed in the US due to silly import regulations. The 25 (??) and 28 were unavailable for the longest time b/c they were 380. 380 is important for Euro-Peons for various silly laws and rules they have. Not so much here in the US. So no one lost sleep over not having one.
As a glock fanboy and armchair ceo i understand they were blocked cuz itar.

But sig releases a revolutionary ccw in the macro
Ruger drops two solid ccw pistols in the 380 max and 9 max
Canik drops the mc9

Glock renames a 17, releases a bunch of gen 5 40s and brings in a 10 round 380 1.5 times the max

I understand it is for Mexico and other places where 9mm is outlawed due to it being in use by the police and military...we don't want the peasants raiding the armories and getting ammo for the revolution you know

And it sidesteps the "Saturday Night Special" ( GCA68) law by being manufactured in the U S of A

So lets discuss the domestic market

the Glock 28 is similar (identical) in size to the Glock 26, as I have said before, .380 is big in the southern and southwestern US, the rest of the country seems to be ehhh about it, including me, and that sized gun, specifically the short grip was great when there were no other choices, but there are better guns WRT ergonomics than the G26, 27, and 28 IMHO.

The Glock 25.... same size as the Glock 19 and others but in .380, again if you are carrying the almost identical weight why not carry a Glock 19 or even a G23 in for-tay? Again .380 does not do anything better than the 9 X 19 does , does it?

Is the reason they changed the cycling to straight blownack rather than short recoil because the Glocks don't like "limp wristing" to begin with and with that weight slide and barrel a low oooomph round will not cycle reliably when chambered in .380?

Would you really buy a G25 or 27 over a G42?

Would you buy a G25, G28 or G42 over any comparable Glock product in 9mm?

I wouldn't

I wouldn't buy a Glock 46 if it were available in the US either, why mess with "Glock perfection"
Great minds lol

Yeah. And that Colt 1911 should be upgraded too, right? ;)

People want it both ways. Glock should upgrade and no one should touch the 1911.

Funniest Glock upgrade - people SCREAMING for finger grooves. I thought it was dumb. They add them. People buy them like crazy. 10 years go by. People now HATE finger grooves. Glock SUCKS for having finger grooves. . . that same said fans SCREAMED for. LOL

Yeah. And that Colt 1911 should be upgraded too, right? ;)

People want it both ways. Glock should upgrade and no one should touch the 1911.
Huh?

There are dozens of upgraded 1911s, from better beaver tails to better safeties to better slide stops, all they way to 2011s and Wilson’s double stack 9mm designs.

I love that every Glock looks the same and the numbers make no sense.

At this point they should Just call it the caliber followed by M (MICRO), S (small), R (Regular), XL

Example:
9mm XL = Glock 34
9mm R = Glock 17

Something like that.

That's more my point.. like what is the point of this gun

Unless it clocks in at ruger max sized
The P365 killed every .380 for me (except maybe the LCPII for really deep concealment). The LCP Max is barely smaller than the P365 so I don't understand why you'd choose the Max.

Screenshot_20230404-100731.png

The G28 is even bigger than the P365, much wider, and chambered in a weaker, more expensive caliber. I don't get the point at all.

This is the exact same form factor as the Glock 26. I had a 26 and it just didn’t work for me — too thick to easily conceal, couldn’t get all my fingers on the grip. I sold the 26 and find the 43x works much better for me.
I wear a 2XL glove and used to enjoy the G26. I often IWB carry so I have pants a size bigger already for when I do.

I can’t see anyone besides a Glock collector getting excited over this though. The entire point of carrying a .380 is because it’s small enough for deep concealment.

I have the other Glock .380 (can’t think of the number) and it’s a decent gun, but the size is what makes it worth carrying. If I’m going for a bigger gun, it’s going to be a 9mm

The P365 killed every .380 for me (except maybe the LCPII for really deep concealment). The LCP Max is barely smaller than the P365 so I don't understand why you'd choose the Max.

View attachment 739268

The G28 is even bigger than the P365, much wider, and chambered in a weaker, more expensive caliber. I don't get the point at all.
The LCP max is my favorite pocket gun. Light, 12+1 capacity, fits the hand a little better than the original, etc. great gun for gym shorts.

I love that every Glock looks the same and the numbers make no sense.

At this point they should Just call it the caliber followed by M (MICRO), S (small), R (Regular), XL

Example:
9mm XL = Glock 34
9mm R = Glock 17

Something like that.
Nope

Listen if you take 17 square it... divide it by how many times mcnoob has been shot.. then that the square root of that boom model number

Really easy system you just dont get it

Nope

Listen if you take 17 square it... divide it by how many times mcnoob has been shot.. then that the square root of that boom model number

Really easy system you just dont get it
OMG, now it makes sense, every Glock model.
Thank you!!!!

View attachment 739268

In a realm of pocket guns though that's not "barely smaller" that's a significant difference. [laugh] To me the 365 is a tank compared to a max-380, if you actually hold both
of them. Plus it's lighter, too. Yes, rationally, in 95% of the cases, it probably doesnt matter, but it depends on how one is carrying the thing. Pocket carrying a P365 is
retarded, whereas a max-380 is somewhat less retarded.

IMHO in this case its more likely a collector gun or something for people who are recoil intolerant.

Back
Top Bottom