Glock 27 question

I was shooting with my buddy today and he was having strange trouble with his glock 27 .40.

it was shooting well at first but then we couldn't figure out where it was hitting... He gave it to me and I discovered that it was shooting a good 6" high at 15yds. I had tried it not ten min before that and was hitting pretty well. We field stripped it swabbed the barrel and it went back to normal impact for a few mags but we ran out of ammo but felt it was climbing again.

the only other thing I noticed was the trigger reset felt funny, almost as if the slide was moving a tiny bit forward as the trigger reset. Not sure if that's a normal glock thing or not.

i told him I'd ask NES see what the gang says.

something probably wrong in the striker channel or with the striker channel liner.

if the trigger moves the slide at all, then remove the striker, clean channel and consider replacing the channel liner (it's a $2 plastic part but can render a glock totally nonfunctional).

BTW, was the slide cerakoted at any point?

something probably wrong in the striker channel or with the striker channel liner.

if the trigger moves the slide at all, then remove the striker, clean channel and consider replacing the channel liner (it's a $2 plastic part but can render a glock totally nonfunctional).

BTW, was the slide cerakoted at any point?

THIS! [thumbsup]

Yes... This was the first trip to the range since

theres ur problem. whoever cerakoted it did not remove the channel liner.
u will need a new channel liner which is like $2 from glockmeister. will also benefit from the glock channel liner tool which is like $20 but worth it if u are into glocks.

def replace it. if left unfixed it will only get worse.
whoever did the cerakote job needs to be taught this issue. if its a gunsmith he/she should be slapped.

if u want me to help u replace the part, i can gladly help but u will have to PM me in that case.

theres ur problem. whoever cerakoted it did not remove the channel liner.
u will need a new channel liner which is like $2 from glockmeister. will also benefit from the glock channel liner tool which is like $20 but worth it if u are into glocks.

def replace it. if left unfixed it will only get worse.
whoever did the cerakote job needs to be taught this issue. if its a gunsmith he/she should be slapped.

if u want me to help u replace the part, i can gladly help but u will have to PM me in that case.

I'll talk to my buddy and if he wants to talk ill reach out. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom