Glock 27 Question

So I have a Gen3 G27 as my EDC and I have had zero complaints about it. Been carrying it for almost a year now without a single malfunction and have not run across this so I figured I'd ask about it.

I went shooting a few days back with a couple friends and put only about 30-40 rounds through it. I realized after I shot that I didnt bring any .40 self defense rounds with me so I loaded up my G19 and carried that home. When I went to reload the 27 and holster it I realize an odd jiggling sound coming from inside. Ive never heard this with the gun before now. It will only happen when loaded, if I take the mag out and shake the gun its quiet, and when I just shake the mag by itself it too is quite. Only when I load up the firearm does it make this metallic jiggle sound. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this and what it might be? I broke it down and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Its a standard cap 9 round mag and its loaded 9+1.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Yes I meant to mention that as well. If I leave a round loaded the noise is still there. I thought that maybe it was just the round moving around but thought it was odd since Ive never heard it before. Figured Id notice something like that since its on me day in day out, maybe not though.

Sometimes a round settles funny in the magazine and rattles. It might not do it when the mag is inserted because the slide would then be pressing on the top round.

Sometimes a round settles funny in the magazine and rattles. It might not do it when the mag is inserted because the slide would then be pressing on the top round.

This, but I'll also add that sometimes the mag will only make the noise while it's seated in the gun, because it moves all the ammo just a little bit by being seated.

-Mike

Perhaps you accidentally loaded a 9mm round into you G27.

This!!!!!! Check both of your guns.

I accidentally loaded a .40 cal into my G19 mag. It was round number 3. So the gun was set up to malfunction after 3 shots. I carried it like this for a month. Its enough of a problem for me that I now use different defensive ammo in the .40 than in the 9. One is nickel, one is brass. I'm not going to make that mistake again.

Or like Mike said, it could just be the correct ammo in the mag rattling. It can change when inserted because the top round will contact the botom of the slide before the round is fully seated. So seating the mag pushes the ammo in the mag down about an extra 1/8". It also takes the pressure of the ammo off the magazine lips.

Back
Top Bottom