• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 27 magazine follower question

I've come across an interesting situation in magazines for my Glock 27. I've recently purchased a couple new mags and added a Pierce +1 extension. Except the mag won't accept the extra round. [frown]

I have two mags that will accept the 10th round, so after some examination, discovered that the followers were different.

Has anyone else come across this conundrum? [thinking]

I recently got a G27 and then a couple of new mags. I put the Pearce +0 grips on the mags. some mags had a +0 on them. The older mags have a #4 follower. These will load to a full 9 rounds. The newer ones have a #7 follower and I can only load 8 in them. Checking on Glock Talk people's comments were to use them for a while and then you would be able to get the full amount in them. I had seen a post that showed taking out the bottom spring guide when a +1 was used.

I also found that the mags with the #7 follower ejected fully while the ones with the #4 barely released sometimes. They were not working for a reloading drill. I had ordered a couple more new ones and was going to sell off the older ones.

I had to load the new mags and leave them loaded for a while to "loosen them up" a bit.

I think I started with a round short of full capacity, let them sit loaded after using them in practice. Then I could get the ful capacity in and I let them sit too. They're still a little stiff.

I have #6 followers in all 3 mags.

Sometimes tapping the bottom of the mags lightly on a table will help seat the rounds too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom