Glock 26

Hello all. I am thinking of using a G19 with a second gen G26 as backup. I have owned a 19 before so I am familiar with them and how they shoot but I have never owned or fired a G26 and I was just looking for any opinions. I appreciate the help!

G26 = good little gun. I haven't bothered to get one yet, though, because most of the time, I find I can carry my 19 or 30SF pretty easily. I've had plenty of trigger time on my friend's 26, though, and iit's always performed very well.

One nice thing is that you can use G19 or G17 full size mags in them without trouble, so if you want more capacity in a backup mag... no problem.

-Mike

That was part of my plan. Having two guns that are the same caliber and can use the same mags. A G19 in a crossbreed on the hip and a G26 in the small of the back on a cobra gunskin.

Also, any ideas as far as cost for a second gen? I know how much the G19's are but I have not got to price out the g26 yet

I have a 26 (2009 model Gen2.5?? Some call it? I call it a gen 3) and is quickly becoming my favorite 9mm!! I added the BTGuideRod updated stainless steel guide rod and it functions perfectly. I couldn't stand the look of the stock plastic guide rod. To flimsy looking for me. 50 bucks well spent for my sanity. I know it's a non-issue for most but I like the look and feel of the new guide rod. I carry it OWB and it carries great,, nice and light.

Glock 26 was the first glock I ever purchased. Amazing little gun. There are smaller nines like the Kahr but non with the capacity. I have never had an issue with this gun no matter what ammo I throw at it and even with some crappy mags (need new springs). Good stuff.

I had one, it was a good gun. I carried it a lot as a primary and I used it in IDPA matches when I first started doing them in VA. It's very small; I had to use the magazine extenders to extend the grip, and ultimately the grip proved to be too small for that pistol to be used in competitions. Nice gun for a backup.

This is my primary carry gun. I love it. It is a bit heavy, but once you carry it around in a pocket holster, you forget it is there. It is quite accurate (I am the problem). I like the trigger safety since I don't have to worry about flipping a safety on or off. You just point and shoot.

I've carryed a 26 in a Crossbreed Super tuck for 2 years. Alot of people have negative views on both, But I can't argue with what works. Glocks are pretty easy to shoot well. As far as reliablity, stick with jacketed ammo and your good to go. The supertuck is as comfortable a holster as I've ever worn. As far as the price here in the peoples republic you'll pay $600-700 for a used one but if you like Glocks I'm sure you'll be happy with it. IMO

How does the 26 grip w/ extension stack up next to a standard 19? I've been considering a 26 with the grip extension, but the 19 length grip is about as small as I can go with my hands.

If I could find one for 600 I would buy it today. Hint hint hint to anyone looking to offload one and at the same time make my life

Last edited:
Jay one mignt ask if you can live with the size of the G26 with a mag extension why not just stick with the G19? For the price of a touch longer slide you will gain capacity and sight radius, because lets face it you aren't putting the g26 in you pocket with an extension on it. So, IMHO it is not much more difficult to conceal the G19.

I had a G27 for a while and liked it. Not the greatest carry gun for me because it was kind of bulky. Then again I was using a cheap holster. Seen your planning on carrying it on your back. IMO this is not a good idea. Very uncomfortable and dangerous if you happen to fall.

Back
Top Bottom