• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

glock 26 question>>>>>

so im set on buying a glock 26... problem being is that i live in mass... the only one i found was brand new for leo..price is steep at 850$ im sure i can find one for less than that used.....is it worth it to buy this new one for 850 or wait to find a used one?

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that. Do you want one NOW? Or can you wait?

Four Seasons gets used G26's all the time for ~$699.

Even a brand new one in Mass should not cost more than $800.

If I needed one I'd only pay $750 if it were new in box.

Four Seasons gets used G26's all the time for ~$699.

This. Four Seasons doesn't gouge for their Glocks.

Another option: Go with an M&P 9c. Similar gun without the "hard-to-find" status. They're everywhere, and the price reflects that. You may want to get a trigger job done though.

Last edited:
I agree with the other posters, if you wait for a bit you are sure to find a better deal that what you are seeing.

The brand new one would be nice but you need to get standard mags for it, you can't take possession of the LEO mags that come with the gun. So it would end up costing you more if the seller doesnt have the mass complaint mags.

Four Seasons is a good place to look with their used guns page, I bought a glock 23 used there about a year ago paid a very fair price for it. The other options are too keep an eye out in the classified section of NES there are deals to be had or as another poster said put a WTB add up and if someone has something the will let you know.

Dan

Gotta love the mass tax. I have a 3rd gen that my brother transfered back here when he moved back last year from florida. It was 550 all said and done down there.

Last edited:

Another option: Go with an M&P 9c. Similar gun without the "hard-to-find" status. They're everywhere, and the price reflects that. You may want to get a trigger job done though.

They don't? Sure seems like they do to me. Also my G27 Shoots way better than my 9c.

G26s show up here pretty regularly, just watch the classfieds or put out a "WTB" thread. I would pay around $600-650 for a used one with NS.

The big advantage over M&P is that you can pick you pick up a preban G17 mag to carry as a backup.

The brand new one would be nice but you need to get standard mags for it, you can't take possession of the LEO mags that come with the gun. So it would end up costing you more if the seller doesnt have the mass complaint mags.

G26 only has 10 rounds.

Ok so I was offered to buy a g27 never fired from the Detroit police that is already here in mass for 750. Good deal or not?

I think that's too much. Newer 3rd generation models that have a light rail can got fore around $800 (G19/23, G17/22), but there's no big advantage to a new G27. .40s don't seem to be too hot now as well. I'm sure you could score oen in the NES classifies for <$700

Ok so I was offered to buy a g27 never fired from the Detroit police that is already here in mass for 750. Good deal or not?

These may be available at Four Seasons right now, as follows:

"The brand new Detroit Police Department Glocks are ready to go at $549/$539. We also received some "issued" models with holster wear. These are available right now at $439/$429. Supplies are limited."

Call them...

I agree with the other posters, if you wait for a bit you are sure to find a better deal that what you are seeing.

Four Seasons is a good place to look with their used guns page, I bought a glock 23 used there about a year ago paid a very fair price for it. The other options are too keep an eye out in the classified section of NES there are deals to be had or as another poster said put a WTB add up and if someone has something the will let you know.

Dan

Glock 26 is 10 round mags LEO or not. If previously owned by a LEO they could have +1 or +2 extensions but they would just need to put the normal bases back on them before selling them to you.

You're kidding me, $700 for a $500 gun isn't gouging?

OP, if you're dead set on getting a Glock 26, get an M&P9c for now and hold out until you find one for <$600. Believe it or not there are both people and dealers who won't charge more than a gun is actually worth regardless of how hard it is to get in a given state.

The Detroit Police guns were all 2nd Gen G22s as far as I know. They were NIB though with the copper lube still on the slide rails.

EDIT: I guess they had 23s and 27s too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as to say get a different gun to hold you over until you find the gun you want. That's like saying... Here... spend $500 now... and $600 next month... instead of just being patient and spending $600 in 2 weeks. I say get what you want when your finances allow it. It'll just be up to you to decide what price you're willing to pay. Look thoroughly enough and you will find a Glock 26 for a good price.

I wouldn't go as far as to say get a different gun to hold you over until you find the gun you want. That's like saying... Here... spend $500 now... and $600 next month... instead of just being patient and spending $600 in 2 weeks. I say get what you want when your finances allow it. It'll just be up to you to decide what price you're willing to pay. Look thoroughly enough and you will find a Glock 26 for a good price.

It could be several months before he finds a G26 for a good price.

Cali...

Have you thought about a Sig? If you're prepared to spend that much cash for an overpriced Glock, why not spend the dough on a gun and get the value?

If you're looking for a CCW, take a look at the Sig 239. Or a Sig 226... one of my personal favorites. It is certainly bigger than the 239, but you can get preban mags that hold 18 rounds in 9mm.

I have both if you want to shoot them. I'd rather see you get full value for your hard earned money, rather than paying significant premiums for a hard-to-get-in-MA model.

Of course, I also know myself if I want something I want it... done.

But seriously... you want to try out the Sigs drop me a PM.

Actually Glock will replace internal parts (spring etc.) and re-tune it for free you just have to pay round shipping. they actually will send back to you your old /replaced parts.
barrel and slide refinish and new night-sights will cost extra.
I paid $140 for total re-tune/barrel refinish, slide refinish and Glock nights sights including round shipping.
gun comes back virtually brand new.
keep checking here in Classifieds and Four Seasons you will find some G26

I wouldnt pay more than $550 for a G26. They are out there. Four Seasons and the classifieds on NES are not places you are going to find deals on hard to get in MA Glock models.

I actually found a nib 26 for 700. I had a sig 239 didn't like it at all. To heavy for myself to carry. I think I'm going to pick up 26 for 700

Look outside of Mass for a pre-98 26 and have it shipped to your FFL. Prices for these in the free states are much lower. Try gunbroker and Gunsamerica. It's how I found mine for $575 including shipping and transfer fee.

I actually found a nib 26 for 700. I had a sig 239 didn't like it at all. To heavy for myself to carry. I think I'm going to pick up 26 for 700

Not bad. If you go with that deal... Be happy with it. You got a NIB gun for what the used ones usually go for in MA. You're going to love the G26.

Back
Top Bottom