Glock 26 or Kahr pm9

So I own a G26 that I got NIB with trijicon night sites. I was at my local shop the other day picking up a keltec p3at and saw they had a kahr pm9 for a pretty reasonable price. I am of the mind set that I should use all the fire arms I own, i am not into safe queens.
About 5 months ago I traded a g19 for a 1911pd and I love it. The 1911 was amazingly accurate, fist in my hand wonderfuly and looks damn cool. I am a small frame guy so carrying the 1911 in the summer time with shorts and a t-shirt isn't an option. I have a crossbreed holster for my g26 and I thought I would be all set and never need another conceal carry. I have owned a bunch of glocks and always wanted the 26 for the fact it was so small but when I started wearing it the blockyness really stood out to me. I went with something that is totally concealable in any dress the kel tec p3at. yea I know its a 380 but it will do the job.
As it stands now my carry system is pretty good. 1911 for winter and keltec for summer. So now the glock 26 doesnt get much love.
The only thing I cant seem to get over is the reliability of the glock and the affordablility of 9mm.
Maybe I should get a kahr PM9 and sell the glock. I could throw that in my pocket when I didnt feel like carring the kel tec and I would still have something affordable I could take to the range.
I understand its not a range gun and I honestly dont go shooting all that much once or twice a month.
Would you just keep the glock and say forget it?

Sell the glock and go with the Kahr?

or sell the glock keep the cash

Keep the G26. Save up for the PM9. They both serve different "missions".

Actually... if you were to have all 4... 1911, G26, PM9 and P3at... the 2 that would be most redundant would be the P3at and PM9.

I say sell the P3at... and grab the PM9. Both are pocket guns. But the PM9 wins in caliber, shootability, etc.

[grin]

Last edited:
Actually, I'll disagree with Hanwei a little bit. I have a P3at, Kahr PM9 and a Glock 26. I like the Kahr and Glock a lot and I'll carry them in cooler months when I have a jacket or bulkier clothing to cover the pattern. I just can't conceal the 26 well, so I don't carry it in the warmer months. I find I carry the PM9 more often then the 26 in cooler months. It's much thinner and I find it easier to carry and conceal. That is just me though and these things differ by person. The P3at though, that particular handgun disapears in all by the smallest pocket. Yes, it's 380 but overall I find this caliber to be accurate and carrys enough power for when you need it. I love that little gun.

Actually, I'll disagree with Hanwei a little bit. I have a P3at, Kahr PM9 and a Glock 26. I like the Kahr and Glock a lot and I'll carry them in cooler months when I have a jacket or bulkier clothing to cover the pattern. I just can't conceal the 26 well, so I don't carry it in the warmer months. I find I carry the PM9 more often then the 26 in cooler months. It's much thinner and I find it easier to carry and conceal. That is just me though and these things differ by person. The P3at though, that particular handgun disapears in all by the smallest pocket. Yes, it's 380 but overall I find this caliber to be accurate and carrys enough power for when you need it. I love that little gun.
I feel the same about the glock its bulky my shirt un-tuck allot while carrying. The p3at is just sweet, pocket, iwb using the clip its awesome.

I like the S&W 1911 but prefer the steel guns to help reduce recoil. Even the scandium commander size is the easiest to shoot, of the guns mentioned. The Glock is a good carry gun but a little blocky for me. The Kahr is easier to conceal, harder to shoot well and holds fewer rounds. The recoil is pretty snappy. It still offers more firepower than a j frame S&W in a smaller package. I love Kahrs. I carry a P45 all the time. The P3AT is very reliabe and much more accurate than it needs to be for it's intended purpose. The .380 is not my first choice in a defensive round but it's about as good as a standard .38 spl out of a snubby. Ammo seems to be hard to find lately. Living in Ma. makes most of these guns harder to find and more expensive. I'd go with the 1911 and step down to the P3AT if I needed something really small. I wouldn't be too quick to sell because only the S&W is easily replaced in this state.

I've kinda thought the same thing. I currently have a G26 and a Ruger LCP (Basically a P3AT). I would like to add a PM9 to the list. The only reason I don't is i can get by with the other 2 for now. Like other have said to have that gun it is kind of redundant. I honestly could see myself selling the G26 if i get a PM9. I like the LCP and would want to keep that as a backup gun possibly. I have not carried my G26 since getting an lcp.

Back
Top Bottom