• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 26 or Glock 43 - HELP!

Based on my experience, don't sell any of them. Every time I a have sold a gun, i have lived to regret it.

Keep them all and sell off some junk in the basement (people will buy it, seriously), then resort to your kids toys and, if need be, submit yourself to medical testing in your spare time.

OK I have a Glock 19 as my EDC. I also have a 26 and 43. I can only keep one of the latter two and can't decide.

I shoot both equally well. The 26 has a higher capacity and can take the 19 mags. The 43 is more concealable (but I also have a Bodyguard 380 for pocket carry if holster carry is not the best option). Of course I've been told to keep both, but that's not an option. Since I haven't been able to make up my mind for months now I'm turning to this forum for help.

Any information, thought, or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The best answer is pretty obvious: Dump the POS BG380 and keep everything else. (sorry, I hate those ****ing things, can't help myself... )

Selling non-shitty guns sucks. I don't even carry my G26 that much but I refuse to sell it. (I'm in the same situation as you, somewhat).

-Mike

Last edited:
Once you go with g43, you can sell all your overpriced preban mags and g19 to make a profit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best answer is pretty obvious: Dump the POS BG380 and keep everything else. (sorry, I hate those ****ing things, can't help myself... )

Selling non-shitty guns sucks. I don't even carry my G26 that much but I refuse to sell it. (I'm in the same situation as you, somewhat).

-Mike

Agreed

This, I'd keep the G26.

Yes-the ability to swap out mags is huge. I have a g27 and carry a high capacity mag as well. Let's face it most firearms will show a bit while carrying. I even have a 9mm barrel for the 27 as well as a g19 and a g23. I have a lot of options with the glock platform. So does it matter. Depends on how and what you want to carry. I like to g26/g27 platform.

G26Gen4AllMagsLabeled_zpsc60c5d56.jpg

VS

g-43-base-pads.jpg

Capacity and the ability to have a G17, G19, Sub 2k and still use the same mags means a G26 > a G43 every day. If you're dead set on a pocket pistol then the G43 fits the bill perfectly. But if you're going for the better overall CC then it's the G26 hands down.

I own a 19, 26, and 43.

The 43 is not more concealable than the 26. Its more comfortable.

If I could only keep one , it would be the 26 simply because its a more capable firearm and with a 17 round magazine in it, is the equal to any other combat handgun on the planet. The same could never be said of the 43.

With that said, I love my 43 and specifically choose it when I'll be in my car and sitting on my gun for long periods.

Also, one person said that there isn't much difference in concealability between a G19 and G26. I strongly disagree. As someone who regularly carries IWB with only a T shirt over the gun, there is a huge difference between the 19 and 26 and little to no difference between the 26 an 43.

Don

Never owned a 26 so I can't compare, but I've been carrying my 43 daily for months now and have no complaints at all. I normally carried a compact 1911, but bought the 43 and wanted to give it a fair shake as well. I'm pretty thin and typically only wear a Tshirt and bomber jacket so when I take the jacket off printing is a concern for my narrow ass.

Put a new trigger kit in the 43, a tungsten steel guide rod for a little more weight up front along with a TLR6, and carry with a Taran +2 in, 2 Taran +3's on the off side, and 2 Taran +3's in the small zippered arm pocket of my jacket sleeve, fits perfectly.

New trigger is great so far, 100% better than stock, and I'm very confident in my ability to change mags quickly and keep moving. So far I'm impressed with it and would regret selling pretty quickly.

Dump the .380 given the choices.

Last edited:
Never owned a 26 so I can't compare, but I've been carrying my 43 daily for months now and have no complaints at all. I normally carried a compact 1911, but bought the 43 and wanted to give it a fair shake as well. I'm pretty thin and typically only wear a Tshirt and bomber jacket so when I take the jacket off printing is a concern for my narrow ass.

Put a new trigger kit in the 43, a tungsten steel guide rod for a little more weight up front along with a TLR6, and carry with a Taran +2 in, 2 Taran +3's on the off side, and 2 Taran +3's in the small zippered arm pocket of my jacket sleeve, fits perfectly.

New trigger is great so far, 100% better than stock, and I'm very confident in my ability to change mags quickly and keep moving. So far I'm impressed with it and would regret selling pretty quickly.

Dump the .380 given the choices.

What trigger kit did you install?

What trigger kit did you install?

The Pyrimid Kit from The GlockStore online, also where I picked up the tungsten steel guide rod. Not a fan of their + mag extensions though, would not buy another one after comparing them to Taran's.

i own both. they are both great. if you must choose keep the 43. the 43 takes a little to be proficient because of the size, but its well worth the time invested.

Have the ability to share mags is a plus...Do we actually need the extra fire power? No. Is it fun at the range...Yes. The 43 conceals better, the 26 conceals ok but its fat. And the 19 for me not sure what its use is. ( I am sure most would disagree and good for them)

That said I think if I could only have one gun it would be the 26(27 in my case) because you get decent concealability with larger flush capacity and bigger mags and fun for the range. If I could have two then I would go full size(for nightstand, light rail and IDPA) and the smallest for CC I like pocket or appendix carry.

With that logic in mind, doesnt matter what you're carrying if you're not proficient with it. Whatever you shoot best...carry that. I shoot the baby glocks better than I shoot any full size gun for some odd reason. Changing systems is not something I would consider lightly. Its all about confidence with it and shot placement.

which 2 do you shoot best out of the 26, 43 and BG?...personally i would sell the 43 and the BG and buy a 42 for pocket carry...i own a 19 and have only shot the 26 and 43...really liked the 26 but didn't see a point in owning one cause it was thick like my 19 and wouldn't work well for the summer for me...didn't like the 43 although i wanted to...little snappy and took more practice time to shoot well (time is something i don't have a ton of) and i didn't like the grip...ended up with a pps m2 instead...heavier and better grip for my hand...plan to put the mag guts +1 kit in the 6 round mag and buy some 8 rounders as well as maybe a talon grip

I was in a similar situation. I kept the 19 & 43. Sold the G27 with 26 conversion barrel. No regrets. Love the 43 for carry but I'm a lot more accurate with the 19.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom