• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 26 Mag fall-out

Just picked up a Glock 26 yesterday and took it to the range to check it out. I put about 100 rounds through it, but after about 70, the magazine started to fall out. The gun would fire through 7 or 8 rounds and then the mag would just release slightly.

Anyone had any experience with this. I'm not sure if it is a gun malfunction or if my hand positioning changed after 70 rounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was always concerned with the fact that Glock mags were retained by plastic-on-plastic. Have you looked down inside the magwell to see what the inside of the mag catch looks like? Maybe it's worn down a little? Maybe the recess on the mag is worn down? In my experiece the mag catch button should be well out of the way with a proper grip on the gun, so I'm guessing that's out if you were conscious of your thumb placement.

Glock 26 Mag

I haven't checked the mag catch, but the mag isn't loose at all and the mag itself isn't very worn. Its got a nice fit when inserted. I will inspect it more closely after work today.

I was concious of my thumb placement, but was suspicious that my middle finger may have been riding up the grip while firing, but didn't have enough ammo left to test my theory (that and the range was closing).

Also, I have shot my buddy's 27 a bunch and never had a problem with that gun.

I just figured I'd post to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so...did it turn out to be the grip or gun.

I've had a similar thing happen once or twice with my Glock 17. It always turned out to be a user error - not seating the mag correctly. It can seem like it is in correctly and hold in while full (especially if it is a non-drop free mag), but once it empties out a bit it falls free.

Thanks for the help everyone

after closer inspection...the mag catch is slightly worn, but the Mag itself (the recess in the mag) is rounded off. Now I just have to find a pre-98 mag

Again thanks for the help guys

my glock 26 did the exact same thing it kept dropping mags i got a new magazine catch from brownells and it works fine now, when i took out the old one there was a slight nick in the corner which made a poor connection with the magazine , it only cost me 5 bucks for the catch i would start there....

Back
Top Bottom