• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

glock .22lr conversion vs dedicated .22 shooter

i like to shoot but 9mm prices are not what they used to be, even despite being one of the cheapest rounds to shoot.
thinking of .22 pistol for plinking.
contemplating between either getting a .22 kit for under around $260-275 or maybe even getting dedicated .22 shooter.
don't really have much budget (read: money allocated) for this one, therefore leaning towards the kit vs dedicated.
moreover i've looked at .22 guns at couple of shops and feel silly paying price of a real handgun for .22 plinker.
any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a Sig P226 with the .22 conversion, and a Sig Mosquito. The conversion has more trouble with FTF, even with the lighter spring (the slide has too much mass for the recoil of a .22 to reliably cycle). The advantage though is that the ergonomics are exactly those of the 9mm.

The Mosquito was about $300, only about $50 more than the kit (I bought the kit first, then the Mosquito), and I think it was the better deal.

If you shoot a Glock competitively, then it's worth getting the conversion. All of these other guns have different triggers with different resets. With the conversion, everything is the same as your competition gun except for the cost of ammo and the recoil.

I LOVE my .22 conversion kit for my 1911.

421b0caf.jpg

I would go with the pistol not the conversion kit.

Have had fun with both the Ruger SR22, and the Walther P22. Both great shooters.

I'm not sure if South Yarmouth is too far to travel. If not you should check them out. The Outdooor Shop. Good inventory, great prices.

http://www.odsguns.com/

Back
Top Bottom