thx
garyz

anyone have first hand experience with a 22lr conversion kit for a glock
specifically, a glock 21
have been looking at advantage arms, seeing mixed reviews
are there any other kits for the glock 21

thx
garyz

I Paid $389 for my G44 and my shop is usually a little high compared to others. Why not just pick up a G44? I have over 1000 rounds through mine and it’s been a great little pistol. I know people have made statements about reliability but it’s not been my experience. I’ve shot mine 100% suppressed which is dirtier than unsuppressed and it’s been great except for a few stove pipes when the round count gets high.

I bought a conversion kit for my 226 years ago and it was not a good experience. I think I paid almost $300 for the kit from Sig.

I have an advantage arms conversion for my g19. Absolutely no complaints besides the occasional failure to feed, which is common with 22lr. Definitely worth the price.

I have an Advantage Arms conversion kit. Ran it on my G17/G34 frames, now it's permanently attached to a P80. I enjoy it, it's a fun plinker. My only complaint about it is that the sights are typical Glock-like sights, and the front sight can't be swapped out easily.

You can find them in MA...

So much fun. I will easily get in 5x the amount of training that I normally do now that I'm not burning through 9mm.

I have an AA kit for my G20/21 and have had nothing but problems with it. Tried all the recommended ammo and whatever I could find to test. Never consistent and always a problem. Company didn’t care when I contacted them and told them I was lucky to get one because they’re in such high demand. I can’t bring myself to sell it because I’m stubborn and don’t want it to win the battle of wills but if I knew this coming in, I would have passed and waited for the G44.

I have an advantage arms conversion for my g19. Absolutely no complaints besides the occasional failure to feed, which is common with 22lr. Definitely worth the price.

^^^What he said. I have had mine for about 15 years with very few issues. Use the recommended ammo, and it is good to go.

My son has an Advantage Arms kit for his Glock 17 and he's had no problems with it. Given that Glock now makes a .22, I'd probably get that and yes you can get one in Ma in spite of what Maura says.

where are you guys finding them in MA (assuming you have) I only saw one show up here and missed it, I haven't seen one elsewhere yet?

I vote for the Taurus TX22 but some of the advantages of it are lost in Mass (threaded barrel, 16 round magazines). It's still absolutely amazing for under $250.

Many years ago I bought the Advantage Arms .22LR conversion for the Glock 17/22. It runs like a champ. Only possible negative for some folks is that the upper is very light since it is made of aluminum.

seems all reviews for the g17 model are good/ great. not much on the g21 version.
1 her was only problems. haven't found too many other reviews for the g21 version

Doesn't matter, you could easily make the mags AWB compliant if you really wanted to, but it'd be pointless.

Also, it's a Taurus.... so just no, god, no.... [rofl]

It's better than the joke that Glock released recently. A suppressor ready, 16 round capacity 22 pistol that functions flawlessly and has a lifetime warranty for under $250 is a good thing in my opinion. Regardless of the brand name on the side of it. It's not a gun that anybody in their right mind is trusting their life to nor is a replacement for a higher end 22LR like a Ruger Mark series.

It's better than the joke that Glock released recently. A suppressor ready, 16 round capacity 22 pistol that functions flawlessly and has a lifetime warranty for under $250 is a good thing in my opinion. Regardless of the brand name on the side of it. It's not a gun that anybody in their right mind is trusting their life to nor is a replacement for a higher end 22LR like a Ruger Mark series.

Nope, f*** Taurus and thier junk. Lifetime warranty is pointless if they keep sending broken shit back to the consumer. When they change their ways maybe they can be relevant, but I doubt
that will ever happen if past experience is any indication. It's sad because some of their designs are sound but their quality control makes S&W and Kimbers look good.

-Mike

Nope, f*** Taurus and thier junk. Lifetime warranty is pointless if they keep sending broken shit back to the consumer. When they change their ways maybe they can be relevant, but I doubt
that will ever happen if past experience is any indication. It's sad because some of their designs are sound but their quality control makes S&W and Kimbers look good.

-Mike

Sounds like you've been burned by them in the past. If so, fair enough. My TX22 is my first and only Taurus and so far it has been excellent. If anything happens to change my personal opinion of the company, I'll be certain to post it here.

I Paid $389 for my G44 and my shop is usually a little high compared to others. Why not just pick up a G44? I have over 1000 rounds through mine and it’s been a great little pistol. I know people have made statements about reliability but it’s not been my experience. I’ve shot mine 100% suppressed which is dirtier than unsuppressed and it’s been great except for a few stove pipes when the round count gets high.

I bought a conversion kit for my 226 years ago and it was not a good experience. I think I paid almost $300 for the kit from Sig.

dirtier maybe, but 22's normally will run better, as in more reliably, suppressed than un.

dirtier maybe, but 22's normally will run better, as in more reliably, suppressed than un.

While this is often true it is not the case with the G44. Its starts stove piping after a few hundred rounds. Fewer rounds when running suppressed. This has been my experience with 1800 rounds through my G44, I can’t say if it’s a G44 thing or a my G44 thing.

I have an advantage arms 22 conversion on my sr1911 and it runs fine, it likes Blazers. I also have a TX22 that doesn't like the cold - otherwise it's a fun plinker. My one and only Taurus.

I have G20 with the Advantage upper. It took a lot of rounds through it before it finally started running reliably, but has been fine now using Remington goldens.

I have an AA kit for a gen 2 g19. Its been great with any cci ive fed it and golden bullet. Never tried anything else.

The cheapest place i could find it was lanbos armory online. I think i paid $220 and couldnt be happier. Soon it will live permanently on a P80 frame.

Back
Top Bottom