Glock 22LR conversion kits

Garys

NES Member
Has anyone had an experience with any of these kits? I went to the range today and shot my G23. I really enjoyed it and would like to shoot a lot more, but I'd like to be able to afford it.

Or should I just look for a .22LR semi auto?

Thoughts?

Gary

having a 22 cal conversion is not a bad idea primarily because you won't have to "learn" a new trigger pull sights etc. Have been to sights nosing around and have not read anything bad. The question is whose conversion kit to purchase J.A. Ciener is the most popular and the price isn't bad $200 range I believe

The only problem with the Ciener kit is that magazines only come in 12 or 15 round varieties. Not a problem if you're not in MA or another 10 round limit state. Quite a potential problem if you are.

Also, extra mags are $35.00 compared to $20.00 for the other company's mags.

Gary

I talked to the Ciener people a while back they have 10 rd mags for mass but then again I was looking at a kit for my Berettas

If accuracy, reliability and cost don't matter, buy a conversion.
Otherwise, a good quality semi auto, such as the Ruger, will win on every count.

The conversions have a huge "cool factor" but no practical advantages over a dedicated gun.

Just buy a nice .22 dedicated firearm. Youn won't be sorry and then you'll have two guns. Two guns are better than one gun.

Chris

I have an Advantage Arms .22LR conversion kit for my Glock 17. It is nice to shoot .22LR on a platform that I use for defense. The AA kit can be a bit cranky when it isn't well lubed, or isn't fed specific ammo. However if it has the right ammo and is lubed, it works great. There is a weight difference between the AA slide and the Glock slide, as the AA slide is made of aluminum which makes it feel a bit different in the hand. Accuracy is pretty good. About the same as with the original Glock slide. Switching to the AA slide is easy. If you can remove your slide and put it back on, then you won't have a problem. Cleaning the AA slide is just as easy as a Glock slide.

I don't have any experience with the Ciener kits, however I have heard bad things about the kit itself and customer service. Glocktalk.com is where I heard most of this info.

All in all, I would recommend it...

K

I also have the Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 35. Works fine. Comes with a ten round mag. Had a few occasional feeding problems while it was still new, but they seem to be gone now that it's broken in.

Depends on what you want it for. I view it as a training tool. Dry firing a Glock is such a pain cause you have to keep recocking the slide after every shot. I refer to my AA kit as my "dampfire" set up.

Now if you want a gun for competition or hunting or such, then the guys suggesting a separate gun like a Ruger MKII are absolutey right. A conversion kit is a plinker grade gun only.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom