Glock 22 to 9mm Conversion Barrel and mag question

I was just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this. If you have a Glock 22 .40 and trying to do a caliber change to 9 MM utilizing a conversion barrel is changing the ejector and extractor also necessary? As far as I am aware Glock 22 and 17 extractors and ejectors are different. So is the overall size of the barrel itself, would that require replacing any of these parts?

Additionally, can one expect reasonable reliability with using a Glock 22 .40 SW magazine?

Regards

I have a G22 with a Lone Wolf 9mm drop in conversion barrel. I’ve not changed anything in the gun and it functions fine as is. Just use some G17 mags and run it. Have a little under 1k rounds through the conversion barrel without issue.

This...except I didn't even change the mags at first....and it still worked well enough for a range toy.

It's a Glock...just works.

I read in a couple of places that you didn't have to change the mags but since I like buying gun stuff anyhow a few magazines didn't hurt. I've also read that Beretta 96 mags will feed 9mm but I don't know if that's true or not.

All I did is buy a Lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G-22. Though my particular pistol worked with the .40 caliber magazine, I did get a few G17 mags. But if you're going to use the pistol for personal protection, I would test it to see if it feeds hollow points. My pistol fed all FMJ, both 115 and 124 grain but I had trouble with some hollow points.

I have a lone wolf barrel and run combination of 40 and 9 mags. No need to change anything running the lone wolf barrel. Don't know about any other conversion barrels

I had a Glock 27 and ran it with a 9mm conversion barrel without changing anything else and it ran fine. I assembled a custom G35 bought a 9mm conversion barrel and it also ran fine. This kind of conversion works also with the G21 and G30 making them 10mm powerhouses.

Extractor and ejector aren't necessary, but the ejection isn't as strong, looks more like they fall out.

POI does change, you'll have to figure out where to hold the sights to hit the target. I use to be big on the conversion stuff, but once I did it I started to appreciate having a separate pistol for a different caliber. I don't regret getting the 9mm barrel, it was my first semi auto pistol the Glock .40 was, but I don't buy pistols anymore with the intention of converting them.

I have a G31, which is a .357Sig with a 9mm conversion barrel in it. Runs fine. In fact, I shot it at the range today, because it's been a while. Ran 9mm range ammo through it, then 9mm defensive ammo, then swapped barrels and springs and ran 357sig through it. Point of impact was not significantly different at the range I shot it at, (10 yards).

Back
Top Bottom