Glock 21 or 1911 - which one should I buy?

Admit it, your .40 cal bias is showing.
Metric system is communism!

If they come to take away my 12inch ruler, I will greet them at 500m with my sweet Remington 700 chambered in 7.62, then again at 200m with my American-made AR with a mag full of 5.56 and for close quarters I'll be using my trusty G17. They will NEVER take my 12-inch ruler alive!

As someone who has owned two of them (a regular and an SA, still own my Shadow 1 CT) he's still not wrong. And honestly stock shadows arent really that accurate intrinsically outside of the bushing models. (eg, Accu Shadow, the Orange, etc) They're just great handling guns, but theres no quantum leap in accuracy. Actually with the wrong bullets you can make 25 yard paint can buckshot spray groups with them (the guns get very picky about what kind of 147 gr bullets they like WRT accuracy)

ETA: Back when I had my original Sig X-Five that thing easily wiped the floor with the shadows in terms of raw accuracy, but it was big/heavy vs those guns. Barrels on those were THICC too.
Maybe... but I have been shooting a looooong time, and I shoot my Shadow better than anything else...ever.
I will grant you that it might just be ergonomics or dumb luck, but it is noticeable.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the early S&W semis…1006, 1076. Would you buy one vs. a new Ruger SR, S&W M&P, or Sig in 1cm? I’m a steel frame kind of guy so the tupperware guns are low on the list. Trying to stay in the $1k range but the early S&W semis are mid $1k range right now..thoughts?

Honestly I didn't read any post in this thread
That being said it's the 21st century why not a 2011
This one is not a troll question...

I am not very familiar with the 2011.

Besides the grip modularity, supposedly being smoother than a 1911 and being more expensive ... are there any other differences?

Asking because I handled some 1911 that are so damn smooth, I just wanted to rack that slide all day long.

But I never shot a 2011.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the early S&W semis…1006, 1076. Would you buy one vs. a new Ruger SR, S&W M&P, or Sig in 1cm? I’m a steel frame kind of guy so the tupperware guns are low on the list. Trying to stay in the $1k range but the early S&W semis are mid $1k range right now..thoughts?
Putting dumb steel vs plastic bs aside, I'd love a 1076 or similar but the SW collector types have gone full retard and you will pay through the nose for one.

Besides the grip modularity, supposedly being smoother than a 1911 and being more expensive ... are there any other differences?

Asking because I handled some 1911 that are so damn smooth, I just wanted to rack that slide all day long.

But I never shot a 2011.
It's just a wide body 1911. That's often more fussy and more expensive especially wrt magazines. Can be nice guns, costs are f***ing brutal though. Mags frequently $100+ on a lot of platforms with special pads, tuning. followers, etc. Seen most commonly in uspsa limited and open. Once in awhile steel shoots etc.

But I never shot a 2011.

I own a 2011 Marauder in 9mm and side by side with a S&W Pro Series 9mm I like the 2011 a little better. It's definitely made more like a race gun, but I wouldn't give up my S&W Pro for it if I had to choose.

IMG_1651.JPG

Forget about the price. I usually don't care about model names, but QUANTICO? ... GTFO.
There's tons of 2011s to buy.

STI used to make a shitload of options before they cucked out and rebranded to Stacatto, stacs are decent but its obvious they make less models now to optimize profits.

Of course you can just go to SVI if you want to get to the peak of the mountain but you gonna pay for it.

All 2011s are rapey. They are nice guns but the $100/magazine bs annoys me. I am a guy that likes to have at least a dozen mags for most guns i own. With 2011s this gets stupid cost wise, fast.

I’m happy with single stack. We spend time in Va. and run into black bears every once in a while. The whole 1 cm discussion got me thinking about my wishlist plus every time the gubmint di€licker$ pass a gun law I like to make a purchase in their honor. I’m leaning toward the Ruger. SA does not make a MA compliant 10, the classic S&W, DW, and DS race guns are too expensive and I’m considering this as a tool, not a safe queen. Tupperware is out for me..plus I’ve already got holsters for 5” 1911s. I am no longer operator as f*ck so I want a reliable pistol where I already have muscle memory built in…thanks for listening..👍

I’m happy with single stack. We spend time in Va. and run into black bears every once in a while. The whole 1 cm discussion got me thinking about my wishlist plus every time the gubmint di€licker$ pass a gun law I like to make a purchase in their honor. I’m leaning toward the Ruger. SA does not make a MA compliant 10, the classic S&W, DW, and DS race guns are too expensive and I’m considering this as a tool, not a safe queen. Tupperware is out for me..plus I’ve already got holsters for 5” 1911s. I am no longer operator as f*ck so I want a reliable pistol where I already have muscle memory built in…thanks for listening..👍

Stop caring about MA compliance. Its a horrible brain disease that will not help you here.

Just to really thread drift why not a 2011 in 9mm 😚

I’m actually thinking a 1911 will be my next purchase as I don’t have a full size .45 currently.

Attachments

• 80C5E50F-A494-49E6-95A3-4C8F382C316C.jpeg
    80C5E50F-A494-49E6-95A3-4C8F382C316C.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 6
Please expound on that

Nobody should care about handgun compliance. It's completely irrelevant to you as a consumer. All it does is ensure someone will limit their choices, and feeds into pant shitting
hysterics by believing in it. It doesn't matter.

Before someone goes "but deli ticket emporium told me..... " sure, but that's THEIR problem, not yours. The law does not inhibit your conduct as a consumer in that sense.

Oh, you mean the AG's BS around approved handguns and "the roster". Got it. Thought he/you meant magazine capacities and post ban hi-caps. Yeah, the approved handgun BS is just that, BS. BS that FFLs are supposed to abide by, but from a consumer standpoint, we can own anything we can legally acquire.

Yeah, but he wasn't talking about handgun compliance. He was talking about magazine compliance.

It's not abundantly clear to me that was the case. He talked about springfield armory.

SA makes a bunch of guns that hold 10 rounds or less.

Further (one of) the main topic of the thread is 1911s. Absent rare exceptions, most of them hold 10 rounds or less.

Canonically when people say "MA compliant" it's usually about the EOPS roster/CMR 940 faggotry.

"AWB compliance" is a whole other thing. It's also not static or something that can't usually be overcome regardless.

It's not abundantly clear to me that was the case. He talked about springfield armory.

SA makes a bunch of guns that hold 10 rounds or less.
My bad. I thought he was talking about magazine capacities, but I think you're right, he was talking about "MA compliant" pistols made by SA (or lack there of).

Already said... but stop giving a f*** about the list.

Back
Top Bottom