GLOCK 20

I am just curious my local dealer has a Mass Compliant Glock 20 10mm in new condition in the box. he's asking 750.00 for it, is that a decent price? also it has 2 ten round magazines

You may get alot of different opinions here (which is always good)[grin]. Personally I think that is a good price. With that being said.... I currently have a G29 and have owned a few glocks as well. I LOVE the 10mm! very versatile and hard hitting.
Good luck.... and if you pass on it let me know... I have been wanting pick up a G20.

Consider that the gun in question is a $450 dollar gun brand new in any other state. Now consider how badly you want it. Is it worth the extra $300 because you live in Ma? Does it have night sights? That generally adds ~$100 to the value of the gun.

I own a few Glocks and I like them; however, I will NEVER pay $750 for a Glock with 2 neutered mags simply because I'm stuck in this state. I would personally keep looking around. I have a 3rd Gen G30 with XPress night sights I paid $490 for... you'd never know its even been fired. Deals are out there, you just need to be patient. Just MHO, and as always, YMMV

Last edited:
That's about $200 more than you'd pay for a new one in a free state. That's too high in my opinion. I picked up a 3rd Gen off this very board a year ago for $550.

I am going to a gun show tomorrow here (FL) - I will remember to check the pricing here on a G20. Might be interesting to see what the difference is.

Consider that the gun in question is a $450 dollar gun brand new in any other state. Now consider how badly you want it. Is it worth the extra $300 because you live in Ma? Does it have night sights? That generally adds ~$100 to the value of the gun.

I own a few Glocks and I like them; however, I will NEVER pay $750 for a Glock with 2 neutered mags simply because I'm stuck in this state. I would personally keep looking around. I have a 3rd Gen G30 with XPress night sights I paid $490 for... you'd never know its even been fired. Deals are out there, you just need to be patient. Just MHO, and as always, YMMV

whens the last time you looked at the prices of new Glocks a Model 20 Comp is going to for $625 -$650 I havent seen any new Glock pistol in any state for $450.00 the cheapest one I have come across is model 17 FS for $490.00.

I was just curious if this was worth picking up to later sell

whens the last time you looked at the prices of new Glocks a Model 20 Comp is going to for $625 -$650 I havent seen any new Glock pistol in any state for $450.00 the cheapest one I have come across is model 17 FS for $490.00.

I was just curious if this was worth picking up to later sell

The compensated G20 is a bit more, but a regular G20 can be found new outside of Mass for about $550 (which is below MSRP, but nobody pays that anyway).

If you want it and can't wait for a better deal, then go for it. It's only money and life is short.

If you're buying it as an investment, do you really think that it'll go up from $799?

MAuserFreak,

Just came back from a gun show in central FL. I checked out a G20. Of course these are show prices, which are usually less than at the store.

These are brand new: A "plain-jane" was $649; a second one: ported with adjustable sights $699.

Paid $550 for my G20 at the last Springfield show- $750 is way over-priced. I have a G29 that I paid $720+ for the privilage of it being here in the state before a certain date and I wont do that again. A new G29 in Idaho with fixed sites goes for $550 new at Sportsmens Warehouse. What is with these people asking big bucks for pistols and EBR's in the PRM?

Joe R.

I've had GOOD luck buying out of state Glocks from GunBroker and Glock Talk. Search "mass compliant", "older model" and "second generation". You would be surprised at the deals you can find. MAKE SURE to verify the serial number for Massachusetts compliance befor having it shipped to your FFL.

I am just curious my local dealer has a Mass Compliant Glock 20 10mm in new condition in the box. he's asking 750.00 for it, is that a decent price? also it has 2 ten round magazines

The price is a little high. I would say $700 to be the going rate at MA Gun Stores. You could probably pick one up on NES in the $600 range. IMO, the 10 round mags would be the deal breaker. I'd pay $700 if it had new NS and a couple of hi-caps. Of course, this is all just the sad reality of living in MA [sad]

i just bought a glock 20 second gen for $500.00 and it came with two high cap drop free mags and it had just came back from glock but the prices of these gun jump all over the place i'd shop around if i was you

I paid $525 a couple of years ago for an out of state G20 that had an upgraded barrel, night sights, and came with 5 mags (3 high cap). Then had to pay another $30 to have it transferred by local FFL.

Best bet is to go on Gun Broker or classified sites of various boards and look for an older out of state model that meets the requirements to be transferable in Mass. Have them send to your local FFL and then they can transfer to you.

Consider that the gun in question is a $450 dollar gun brand new in any other state.

In the voice of that guy talking to Carolyn McCarrthy about the barrel shrouds... "No, it's not". [laugh]

Even in free states you cannot get a NIB G20 for $450. Hell, even the ones on gunbroker now are running at $500+. TGSCOM is selling them for $512, w/o shipping and transfer, so by the time it got to you it'd probably be at least $550-575. This is disregarding any lame state level sales taxes that may apply, of course.

The only way you're gonna get a Glock 20 for $450 new is on an LE discount program. Even then there still likely are transfer and shipping fees.

Granted, you'll still pay less for one if you lived in a free state, than you probably would in MA... I have no problem with that statement... It's just that they're often not as cheap as one would be led to believe.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom