Glock 19X

"The G17 size frame removes all finger grooves and features a flared magazine well, lanyard loop and an extended toe. This extension prevents the 19X from using Gen5 magazines."

I see that extended toe as a bit of a problem.

He's done some good videos about assembling an AR-15 lower. He speaks clearly and gives you a good picture of what he is doing. No questions about how the parts go together.

So that's like the opposite of what anyone wants since a 19 will take a 17 mag anyhow. Carry a short-butt pistol with long slide with spare long mag = win. This = WTFO. They need a 17 with a short (no lip/toe) magwell

A pistol from Glock nobody asked for? Glock makes.

A pistol like a Glock 19 with a 17 length slide that many have asked for? Glock says fug off.

No wonder Glock is losing market share so rapidly. They can't make anything people want. Did Gaston sell his company to Freedom Group or something?

I'm not familiar with Glocks, but that just looks like it would be kind of light at the muzzle, doesn't it? Especially if you're in a free state with standard cap magazine.

sorry but Sootch has become a shill for anyone who gives him a free product. he loves everything. never drops a criticism even when it's obvious. a channel that used to be of value is now worthless to me.

in terms of the G19X, seriously what is the point. it's a glock that doesn't take glock mags. congratulations to glock for taking a perfecting fine pistol and screwing things up in the gen 5 and onward.

I'll pass on the gunblast.com.. cough.. i mean sootch review on any product..

the only two gen 5 glocks i am kinda interested in is the gen 5 34 .. that comes with no slide, weight reducing cut out , and the MOS built into it. other than that, the gen 5 26 does look interesting kinda,

Isn't this basically the pistol they submitted for the military tests?

Yes, I believe it is the exact setup

Maybe they built a ton thinking they would win the contract now they need to be rid of them.

I thought the army version has an external manual safety because the army specifications calls for one

Here it is
FIRST LOOK: Glock's Submissions for the Army Modular Handgun System

Why are people complaining about a new gun? It's one more gun out there. That's always a good thing.

Glock designed the 19MHS for the military trials based on .mil requirements... they didn't design the 19MHS with a "what do people want?" mindset. So for those of you who don't like it... blame the military requirements ;)

Then Glock lost the trials...

Then Glock figured that there might be a segment of the market that would want a chance to purchase this one-off 19MHS configuration... whether for historical/collector value, or for those who simply like the configuration.

Thus the 19MHS is released to mass market as 19X - without the external thumb safety (because Glock knew this would have broken the internet).

Also, not every handgun is purchased solely for concealed carry - Glock isn't marketing the 19X specifically as a concealed carry gun - "“The G19X was developed for the military and is a practical everyday pistol that will do what you need it to do, when you need it to; every time, in every condition,” said GLOCK VP Josh Dorsey." Glock USA's press release: GLOCK USA :: GLOCKs Compact Slide and Full Size Frame Join Forces

Besides, plenty of people conceal carry a full size gun. And if you can't, then buy a normal G19, or G26, or G43, or G42. No big deal.

Personally... I'm going to pick one of these puppies up.

Based solely on shooting, I've always preferred the G17 full size grip, and the G19 top end length. So the 19X configuration is perfect for me.

Not to mention it has all of the Gen 5 features I like (ambi slide stop, no finger grooves) - and does away with/fixes all of the Gen 5 features I don't like (the 19X doesn't have the stupid front strap cutout at the bottom, and they actually beveled the frame to match the slide bevel at the muzzle).

I conceal carry a Gen 4 19 appendix every day. I'll try the 19X and if I'm able to conceal the longer grip then sweet. If not, then I'll stick with my Gen 4 and will consider the 19X a sweet range gun.

IMO this is Glock trying to recover the costs of R&D for the model they submitted for the military contract and lost.

sorry but Sootch has become a shill for anyone who gives him a free product. he loves everything. never drops a criticism even when it's obvious. a channel that used to be of value is now worthless to me.

LOL, this is like saying "the sky is blue" - WRT shill reviews, I don't think most of these types of reviews are really useful other than getting to see the product working. It doesn't matter who does the review, either. Most of them are softball pitches on a product. The most interesting reviews at the ones where some guy buys (something) with his own money and beats the shit out of it over an extended period of time... but that's not
most gun reviewers. The gun review stuff on youtube is mostly a somewhat better redux of what the gun rags have been doing for decades, although not -quite- as shitty as that. It's a good way to see the product working but it should be taken for what it is.

in terms of the G19X, seriously what is the point. it's a glock that doesn't take glock mags. congratulations to glock for taking a perfecting fine pistol and screwing things up in the gen 5 and onward.

I don't think it's completely incompatible, I think it MAY be incompatible with the weirdo mag baseplates that come with the Gen5 mags.

This is much ado about nothing, it's not as if Glock is going to discontinue other models. More is better.

-Mike

I'm not crazy about it, so I'll pass. Doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, a lot of things don't make sense to me...

You're correct. The 19x is not the same as the version submitted for testing. Their submission DID have an external safety.
When I saw this released I was hoping it had the safety, for once there was hope in MA!

Sadly wasn’t meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom