• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19X

I'd like to get one. It won't be a carry gun unless i move north of the wall. It looks cool and lacks some of the features I dislike about the standard gen 5 guns (flared mag well, front of grip mag-grabby port) while retaining the good features. It also comes with night sights. WHat would make it even better would be an RMR cut and a threaded barrel. Maybe they'll release a 19X tactical model some day.

I think it's cool if you are on the collector/cloner side of things. I am kind of interested in collecting up all of the example of guns that were submitted to the MHS (except for the Beretta, which looks like a Klingon screwed a VP9).
I think the proportion of the gun is ideally suited for a suppressor or a compensator. If you are of the school (cult) of the Roland Special, throw an RMR on there(which makes sight radius moot) and you have a perfect platform for folks with larger hands that prefer a G17 but don't want the extra length.
I would only have interest in buying at a collectors piece and probably wouldn't shoot it much considering I am already fully Glocked out and have baby-hands. Even if it falls in the not-for-me catagory I think its cool that glock is simply adding more configurations. I'll bet two whole dollars that the longslide G19 (G19L) is the glock summer special gun.

the only promising quality in the G19X is that glock appears to now be tapering the nose/dustcover of the frame to match the tapered slide. if glock would just match the frame to slide on the gen 5 and get rid of the stupid cutout in front of the magwell, I would purchase a Gen 5. but in current form there is simply zero reason to dick around with these completely unnecessary "upgrades".

i recall when i went from a gen 2 -> gen 3 G19 how nice it was to no longer have this absurd cutout at bottom of the grip. and now all of a sudden glock brings it back. mind blowing. it's like Pepsi bringing back that shit clear pepsi.

the only promising quality in the G19X is that glock appears to now be tapering the nose/dustcover of the frame to match the tapered slide. if glock would just match the frame to slide on the gen 5 and get rid of the stupid cutout in front of the magwell, I would purchase a Gen 5. but in current form there is simply zero reason to dick around with these completely unnecessary "upgrades".

i recall when i went from a gen 2 -> gen 3 G19 how nice it was to no longer have this absurd cutout at bottom of the grip. and now all of a sudden glock brings it back. mind blowing. it's like Pepsi bringing back that shit clear pepsi.
Totally.
Apparently the Gen 5's that are going out now have the blended frame. That cut out is such trash. I bought a new G19 a month ago and had the choice between a new Gen4 or 5. I chose the Gen 4. The gun they should have put out was the gen 4.5 summer special with the front serrations and the metal night sights, make it ambi and you have the gun everyone wants.

So I have had my 19X for a little bit and as a glock shooter I can tell you it shoots better than my other glocks. The gun feels more balanced in my hands which i makes the recoil feel less in my opinion. It has become my favorite glock to shoot. It is just my opinion but i personally have wanted a full size grip with compact slide for a while. While the FDE is cool I would like to see the 19x in black.

So I have had my 19X for a little bit and as a glock shooter I can tell you it shoots better than my other glocks. The gun feels more balanced in my hands which i makes the recoil feel less in my opinion. It has become my favorite glock to shoot. It is just my opinion but i personally have wanted a full size grip with compact slide for a while. While the FDE is cool I would like to see the 19x in black.

I like the idea of a shorter slide and a fullsize grip. Sights radius make a small difference on how well you can shoot a gun, especially a non-target gun. But being about to get a full grip on the gun makes a huge difference on how well you can control it. I would like to see more companies go this direction.

Back
Top Bottom