• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 Width GEN4/5

Hello Everyone!

I have a question for the Glock fans: The G19 GEN4 has a width of "1.19" and the GEN5 has a width of "1.34" per Glock's website. I would measure the width of the GEN4 but I recently sold it while waiting for the GEN5. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank You,

Ken

Can't confirm it because I don't have a caliper or any other measuring tool. However I believe it's correct and the Gen 5 may be wider due to the flared magwell?

Shawnyc is correct. It's the flared mag well that makes it wider. The slide itself is 1" on both Gen4 and Gen5. The Gen4 is measured higher up on the grip #3 in 1st photo, while the gen5 is measured at the mag well #3 2nd photo.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/pistols/g19_gen5

Attachments

• G19_Gen4-LG.jpg
    G19_Gen4-LG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 255
  • G19_Gen5_TD_Dimensions_LG-2100x1400.jpg
    G19_Gen5_TD_Dimensions_LG-2100x1400.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 253
I'm a fan of the chamfered slide, but on a carry piece I can do without the flared magwell. Also, I think I'm outnumbered but I prefer the finger grooves.

I'm a fan of the chamfered slide, but on a carry piece I can do without the flared magwell. Also, I think I'm outnumbered but I prefer the finger grooves.

Yeah, we are outnumbered, but no big deal. Upgraded all my Gen2 Glocks to Gen3 & Gen4 for that reason (and light rail, too). The Glock finger grooves fit my hand perfectly. When I had Gen2 Glocks, I used rubber Hogue grips on them with the finger grooves.

I don't see a need to upgrade to Gen5 unless it was for competition. I would like to get more info on the "Glock Marksman barrel" used in the gen5, but again, if it's really any better, it's benefit would be for competition use.

I don't know yet for sure if the barrels are interchangeable, but from what I have seen so far, the Gen5 appears to have less interchangeable parts than any of the previous generations did.

Last edited:
Yeah, we are outnumbered, but no big deal. Upgraded all my Gen2 Glocks to Gen3 & Gen4 for that reason (and light rail, too). The Glock finger grooves fit my hand perfectly. When I had Gen2 Glocks, I used rubber Hogue grips on them with the finger grooves.

I don't see a need to upgrade to Gen5 unless it was for competition. I would like to get more info on the "Glock Marksman barrel" used in the gen5, but again, if it's really any better, it's benefit would be for competition use.

I don't know yet for sure if the barrels are interchangeable, but from what I have seen so far, the Gen5 appears to have less interchangeable parts than any of the previous generations did.

The Gen 5 barrel is 4.02 while the Gen 4 is at 4.01, Maybe can

The Gen 5 barrel is 4.02 while the Gen 4 is at 4.01, Maybe can

It appears that they are interchangeable unless something else was changed. The difference in the photo is just the recessed crown on the Gen5.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GLOCK-Gen5-Technology-13.jpg
    GLOCK-Gen5-Technology-13.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 193
The barrels should be interchangeable. You could always run a 17 barrel in a 19 so the change in length shouldn't matter. As far as it being more accurate previous generations were always pretty damn accurate, or at least more accurate than me. I understand why Glock doesn't want to change there firearms much but for me the Gen 5's are a letdown.

The barrels should be interchangeable. You could always run a 17 barrel in a 19 so the change in length shouldn't matter. As far as it being more accurate previous generations were always pretty damn accurate, or at least more accurate than me. I understand why Glock doesn't want to change there firearms much but for me the Gen 5's are a letdown.

I agree. Other than the flared mag well and no finger groves that others might prefer, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I see no reason to upgrade.

I agree. Other than the flared mag well and no finger groves that others might prefer, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I see no reason to upgrade.

I really like the way my 4 feels over my 5, just fits better but that's my hand. Might put it up for sale if wifey doesn't want it..She just loves the Canik and they way she shoots it so........

Historically you could create Frankenstein pistols mixing and matching similar caliber barrels, slides, and frames. If the Gen5 G19 barrel is slightly longer it should still run in previous generations.

Late to the party. Assumed that it would be wider due to the flared mag well.

I'll pass on it. Gen4 has all that I need, it seems. Hell, I've still got Gen2 Glocks in my collection. LOL

Back
Top Bottom