• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19: The Preferred Weapon Of Deranged Madmen

As a Glock 19 owner, and considering the source of the quote (Frank Lautenberg), I think I will accept the "deranged madman" label as a compliment.

I think glock needs to put out a limited edition g19 Lautenberg edition.
Nobody needs a lauternberg glock. The Lautenberg glock inspired by an idiot, the preferred gun of deranged idiots everywhere!!!

If it works out. How about a feinstien tec 9, or a dumbo waxman edition cobray.

Wish I could be a deranged madman... DAMN!

Does a Tec-9 count? Or an Uzi? Or do I have to run out and get a Glock 19?

I feel left out.

:-(

I'm sick of all these G19 wielding maniacs too!

Why can't they carry out their mass murders with American made guns?

Are US made guns not good enough for these psychos?

[rolleyes]

when i go, i'm going with a coachgun or an over under. that way everyone will get to read about how those are the choice guns of deranged madmen on Fudd boards, too.

Lemme know, I have one that's had some home gunsmithing done to it, for extra effect.

No optimism required- realism is more the term of the day, and a gun control bill (of any kind) seeing a light of day in the house or senate right now, is politically unrealistic.

The handful or so of antis (like Lautenberg) that constantly bray and whine about this crap, have become politically marginalized over the years. We saw this same kind of whining in the wake of VT, although it was more over mental health qualifiers being attached to gun purchases, or some other BS. (They couldn't whine about so called "hi caps" because the psycho that shot up VT used mostly 10 round magazines to do it with, too, something the antis also don't like talking about- basically VT is living proof that capacity restrictions don't stop psychos from committing violent crimes with firearms. )

-Mike

Cho used 15 rounders in the G19 he had and 10 rounders for the .22. But yeah they did talk a lot more about mental health care than gun control, though there were the usual cries to reinstate the federal AWB because of the 15 round magazines he used.

Cho used 15 rounders in the G19 he had and 10 rounders for the .22

The account that I read said he had a couple of 15 round mags but he also had a bunch of 10 round mags that he had bought via ebay, which is why ebay increased their already absurd gun part ban.

-Mike

What a joke this is. Political posturing and nothing else.

The sad irony is that high-capacity magazines were illegal from 1994 until 2004 when the federal assault weapons ban was in place. In addition to dangerous gun magazines, this groundbreaking law also outlawed AK-47s, Uzis and other semi-automatic firearms.

And it rained lollypops and gumdrops for 10 years until the evil Republicans refused to extend the AWB. Oh wait, didn't the Columbine shooting happen during this time period?

This has already gotten to....."Why does ANYONE need such large capacity magazines?"

This answer, of course should be...."The same reason the cops use them - to stop offensive threats."

Fudds and antis still don't understand that the fundamental purpose for firearms is self defense (same as the police) and not for hunting or sporting purposes.

If we accept the hunting/sporting arguments, someday that'll be all they 'ALLOW' us until the final confiscation moves.

Article said:
Yet Loughner -- despite his troubled past, including being kicked out of college and rejected for Army service

Dangerous precedent...what if someone just had bad grades or was medically disqualified (e.g. overweight) for military service? Should they not be allowed to purchase firearms because they were "kicked out of college and rejected for Army service"?

I understand the intent of the statement, but the senator does not qualify his remarks leaving it open to such interpretation of his views.

are you kidding me?

i went out this weekend to buy a glock so i could piss off some antis and NOW i find out it was a 19?! I BOUGHT A 17. DAMN IT. [laugh]

also a fun fact: eric harris (one of the columbine shooters) was also rejected for military service and his story (along with his partner, klebold) is very similar to that of loughner. the AWB didn't stop harris and klebold and again no one did anything about the obvious warning signs exhibited by an obviously nutty individual (loughner) and the end result is people dead. it's sickening.

are you kidding me?

i went out this weekend to buy a glock so i could piss off some antis and NOW i find out it was a 19?! I BOUGHT A 17. DAMN IT. [laugh]

also a fun fact: eric harris (one of the columbine shooters) was also rejected for military service and his story (along with his partner, klebold) is very similar to that of loughner. the AWB didn't stop harris and klebold and again no one did anything about the obvious warning signs exhibited by an obviously nutty individual (loughner) and the end result is people dead. it's sickening.

Another fun fact about the Columbine killers - as it relates to mag capacity - is that one of the guns they used was a Hi-Point Carbine with a bunch of ten rounders.

I don't remember anyone talking about banning those at the time.

Back
Top Bottom