• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 preban mag question

I picked up a Glock preban mag today for my glock 19. The guy at the gun shop said that it was preban. Right off I noticed it did not have the U shape notch at the top. He said it dident matter and it was preban. Is there any way to verify this?

Thank you.

The problem is not all high marking mags are post-ban, either. I know because I bought a ton of them before the ban expired, and none of them had LE markings on them, either. I think someone like Patrick Sweeney even mentions this in his Glock book. Glock Legal of course has the "we don't know when they were made" answer. [laugh]

The only "incontrovertibly post ban" stuff in my book is the stuff with LE markings or ambi cuts on the front or sides.

ETA: What gets really fun is there are also "sub iterations" of the mags pictured above.

See also: Preban Glock Mag Thread here...
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/4944-MA-Identifying-Pre-Ban-Glock-Mags

(note: be sure to take an advil before trying to read this. )

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm sick of having to tip toe around glock mag issues. It's a pain in the rear and gun owners in MA shouldn't have to deal with this crap. The AWB in MA needs to be abolished! I don't care if Mama Martha is reading this.

Back
Top Bottom