Glock 19 or Glock 17?

I would get a G19 over a 17 all day. A big part being the use of both G19 and 17 magazines. In MA thats pretty important since that bumps up your pool of prebans to draw from. In fact, ive had a little bit easier time finding G19 prebans than G17.

Its also a much more versatile pistol i think. A G19 does a good job in both the nightstand and on the hip. I carry my 19 every day in the summer with just a tshirt. At the end kf the day i put a light on it and it lives next to my bed.

I’d keep my 34 over my 17 ... no question about it

Am I mistaken or does the 34, 17 and 17L and a few other models all share the same frame? Meaning im 100-200 bucks or so away from making my 17 a 34 or a 17L just by swapping the slide and barrel? Kinda like the mossberg 500 barrels? Very customizable.

It is becoming the biggest selling point for me. I like the idea of buying a 34 barrel and having both.

Could be mistaken though. I am pretty new to glocks.

Is it true that you can swap barrels and slides in between 17 and 34? I heard they share the same frame. Maybe I can afford both :)

17 and 34 are the same frame.
Frames are cheap. Internals for frames are relatively cheap. Slides are not so cheap.
I have a 17 frame in CT that has two slides, one with iron sights, one with a trijicon.
I just brought the trijicon slide home to run on my 34 for steel matches.

Nevermind folks, Can't buy Glocks in TAXachussets. Wish I would have known before getting my hopes up. Liberal commie state. Pathetic beta society. I'm ashamed and I hang my head in shame. This is a disgusting moment. Where as an American citizen. I'm not allowed to buy a handgun. A f***ing handgun. Literally a semi auto handgun. Like are we kidding right now? Over what? Lack of a safety? Safeties are for beta males who don't know how to hold a gun and what end the bullet comes out of. It's not even hammer fired. It can't even be snagged really. What are they on about?

Yes I know you can buy them privately, i'm not meeting up with cops for the next 2 months looking for the one I want. It's a wrap. And i'm discouraged.

It's time we move folks. NH it is.

Nevermind folks, Can't buy Glocks in TAXachussets. Wish I would have known before getting my hopes up. Liberal commie state. Pathetic beta society. I'm ashamed and I hang my head in shame. This is a disgusting moment. Where as an American citizen. I'm not allowed to buy a handgun. A f***ing handgun. Literally a semi auto handgun. Like are we kidding right now? Over what? Lack of a safety? Safeties are for beta males who don't know how to hold a gun and what end the bullet comes out of. It's not even hammer fired. It can't even be snagged really. What are they on about?

Yes I know you can buy them privately, i'm not meeting up with cops for the next 2 months looking for the one I want. It's a wrap. And i'm discouraged.

If this were true we'd have warned you on page 1.

Can't buy new ones. Plenty of "used" out there. At least 2 or 3 a day in the w.t.s.
Throw a line in the "want to buy", someone will contact you eventually.
I will keep an eye out to see if a new one from private seller comes about. Thanks for the tip. I think I thought of a work around though. Im going on vacation to Dallas in Nov anyway. I guess i'll pay them Texas boys a visit and buy the glock there if I dont have one yet. then fly her home. Or could always take the 2 hour ride to live free or die country.

I will keep an eye out to see if a new one from private seller comes about. Thanks for the tip. I think I thought of a work around though. Im going on vacation to Dallas in Nov anyway. I guess i'll pay them Texas boys a visit and buy the glock there if I dont have one yet. then fly her home. Or could always take the 2 hour ride to live free or die country.
No can do. Buy that Glock in Dallas and they'll transfer it to your FFL in Mass for final transfer to you. You're in the same boat looking for a Mass FFL that doesn't care. Most can't afford to stop caring because they don't have pockets as deep as AG Healey's. Yes, she's overreaching her authority in order to look tough on gun crime. No, she is not accountable to us for that logical and legal disconnect.

. I think I thought of a work around though. Im going on vacation to Dallas in Nov anyway. I guess i'll pay them Texas boys a visit and buy the glock there if I dont have one yet. then fly her home. Or could always take the 2 hour ride to live free or die country.

Just make sure you check the Glock in a locked gun case, cause you want to keep the felonies to a minimum on this trip.

Don't bother trying to transfer. Save yourself time, frustration, a lot of money and possibly getting flagged.
If it were that easy, everybody and their mother would be buying in bulk down south and re-selling them here.

Not sure if its a coincidence, or if the seller is watching this thread, but there looks to be half a dozen frames that went up for sale in the classifieds section. Go that route.

You're joking, right?
Federal law says that you can only purchase a handgun in your state of residence.

So, anyone in Texas who sold you a handgun would be committing a felony. The legal way would be for a FFL in Texas to transfer it to a FFL in Massachusetts who would then 4473 it to you. But the FFL in Massachusetts won't transfer it to you because it's not on the approved list in Massachusetts.

Yeah, that's the abbreviated version.

So, do a private purchase in Massachusetts of a Glock, which is NOT illegal, and EFA10 it. All perfectly legal.

EDITED - Please see citoriguy's post #81 which contains a link to the approved firearms roster. Certain Glocks ARE on that list. Which is quite contrary to what I've posted above. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

It does stink, especially for people who could normally get Glock’s fantastic mil/first line discount. But there are a few options:

- There are a plethora of Gen 2 Glock 17s that just popped up as surplus from a police agency. You can get them for $400 at various shops. You can even get the grip chopped so it accepts G19 magazines.

- Pay a premium by buying from a private seller here in the classifieds

- Build an 80% P80 and you can use genuine Glock lower parts and buy a genuine Glock gen 3 slide from gunbroker. I went this route with their hybrid. G17 slide and a G19 grip.

Own all the cool guns you want, just not ar pistols and other AWs. Glocks, collect them all.

I debated posting "Are we gonna tell him? Does he not know about Glocks in MA?"

But I guess he'll just take care of it by committing a felony buying in TX or NH anyway, problem solved. [banana]
Then there's always the gun show loophole. /s

Good point. I heard the NFA only applies to what a dealer can sell you, as well. So add a Glock 18 to the list of guns to pick up. Then toss a vertical foregrip on there.

Seriously - if you’re going to go out, go out in style. Pick up a bazooka or three while you’re in Texas too.

Just got back from Shooting Supply folks, Held a Pre Ban Gen 2 17 in my hand. Didn't like it. And I held about 10 other pistols of all varieties. Some stunning but a bit rich for my blood and some glunky and poor fitting in my hand. I was really a pain in the ass today asking to hold a bunch of different models but I did buy 2 guns from the folks there. And i'm very pleased I held off on the Glock. Full post coming soon. I'm very excited about my new haul. :). Got an all matching serial numbers Bolt Action Mauser, WW2 dated and in fantastic shape. And I also got a M&P shield 9. Which is the universal bang for buck 9mm. It is striker fired like the glock. Heavier trigger though but it actually felt heavier and of better quality polymer imo. With a lightened trigger and night sights, it will be a great Glock substititue for much less money.

Made out as best as I could for 800 bucks. And ordered my Samic Sage on top of it. Good night if I do say. And I have an arsonal of new toys.

72887777_411781559713254_7759607256361992192_n.jpg

72095650_2520025168084481_8567426287604334592_n.jpg

Our little Smith family lol. Looks like a Husband and his wife with their little kid if you have imagination. Love all 3. Really want to get the Galloway trigger (or was it calloway?) for the 380. Love Smith. Never wanted to be a brand fanboy but it really happens not by design. It's not a thing I force myself to do. It's just when I hold one. It says buy me. And like Dr.Grant said. The gun picks itself. They feel great in the hand at their prespective sizes. And they are so darn cheap for what they give.

Almost bought a Springfield 1911 with alluminum trigger. But said another day.

Thanks for all the tips and I apologize for having a tantrum over MA's silly gun laws lol. But I think it all happened for a reason. I have been wanting another WW2 Bolt Action for quite some time. And I found one.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic night.

So you had wanted a G17 because you wanted a full size pistol because you already have carry guns.

And you end up buying a shield??? So you just bought a single stack sub compact? You are really confusing me.

If you went to shooting supply, you really should have tried a Canik TP9 SF or SFX. Hands down, one of the best deals in striker fired guns in the world.. go back and pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom