• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 market saturated?

Relative to dealers selling $800 Glocks in MA.

Suppose you are opening an insurance company for gun dealers. The terms are simple - the dealer pays $X and you agree to pay, without limit of any kind, for all legal fees, consumer protection fines, and compensation for lost business if an extorted consent decree shut down the shop. If the AG decides to go after you for selling guns she does not like. Remember, the First Circuit federal court has already upheld the practice, going so far as to granting summary judgment to the AG.

How much would you charge for a premium?

That is exactly the risk you are paying for when you buy a new Glock from a MA dealer.

The appeal of a Glock is that it goes bang, it always goes bang. It’s not fancy it’s reliable. It’s bare bones, bang, bang, bang.
Lots of other firearms fit that description and yet have much better ergonomics, better sights, better triggers, etc. Glock rests on their laurels. It seems to work for them, so what do I know?

IMHO, the only appeal for folks in MA is that you can't buy them new from a gun shop. I've had a few and never liked them. You get better ergonomics from a brick. They have no grip texture, and slide around in sweaty or damp hands.

IMHO they're meant to be cheap, but reliable disposable guns to be sold en mass to armies and police forces where they're used, abused, and thrown away like yesterday's garbage, then cheaply replaced.
G19 are comfortable as hell compared to USPs - now those are bricks.

Glock is due for a major refresh in light of current features others have brought to market.
Now, that is funny! [laugh] What would Gaston risk killing his goose that lays the golden eggs? :)
Glock rests on their laurels. It seems to work for them, so what do I know?
It does work for them. At this point, it almost qualifies as a retro thang. But what's so bad about owning a retro thang? [thumbsup]

The appeal of a Glock is that it goes bang, it always goes bang. It’s not fancy it’s reliable. It’s bare bones, bang, bang, bang.
I'm not proposing they change mechanics of the gun. In fact many out there are basically running derivatives of what they built into their pistols.

"The 1911 is perfect and if it isn't original design, even if it LOOKS like a 1911, it's not a 1911. Hell, if it's not a Colt, I may not consider it a 1911."

. . .

"Damn, I wish Glock would do some upgrades."

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom