Glock 19 mags - factory, magpul, etc ?

I'm not really a Glock person but have considered buying a 19 on a number of occasions, shot one, liked it etc etc

I think I'm going to pickup 6 mags or so, basically so down the road, no matter what happens, I can own one in standard 15 round capacity.

What should I buy? I noticed magpul offers them, those as good as factory Glock or should I accept nothing less than factory, or is there something else I should seek?

Thanks!

cant go wrong with OEM - i think magpuls market share, however small it is, is only because they provide a cheaper magazine, not necessarily better

i dont think the magpuls have round indicators for every round

personally, i know when shooting matches and taking courses, it helps to know exactly how many rounds i have left

Normally I tend to reach for factory mags in a pistol, but magpul being basically the staple for AR's that we know and love (probably own 120 of them :) ) they are of course very interesting, cheaper too.

But if they are inferior, don't want that, need to be in the same quality ballpark as the factory stuff.

Magpul Glerk mags are really good, but I've read that you have to keep them clean. Not meticulously, but if you drop them in mud, sand or some shit, clean them.

That being said, Glock makes the best factory mags in the business... since 1986.

Stay with the OEM factory mags.
They work and the cost savings isn't worth it when your using them for self protection.
I can't stand jams at the ranger either. Those Magpuls aren't anywhere near as good as the factory mags.
You bought a Glock for it's reliability, why use anything but factory mags?

Last edited:
OEM

none of the aftermarket glock mags come even close. One chooses a Glock for its reliability which is dependent on it’s magazine, so then why skimp and downgrade it. Also non OEM mags have little resale value Whereas OEM Glock mags barely drop in value. There’s a reason for that.

if shop around can find them for just over $20 per mag.

Last edited:
i dunno, been using the magpuls recently and really like 'em. seriously, the only deciding factor is if you feel the need to have the round count indicator holes cause i think they run every bit as good as the oem.

I just went through this debate a couple weeks ago. I opted for OEM since I know they will work when I need them. I ordered them from gtdist.com for 21.99 each and then had a 10% off coupon. 10 OEM mags with shipping and the discount was 206.90. I think they will send you a coupon for signing up on their mailing list.

OEM for carry. Magpul for comps and range. They are cheap. Put the wear and tear on the cheap, easily replaceable ones.

If your savvy, you can find the Magpul for around $10 each.

This is what I do. I have zero issues with the inexpensive Magpul mags and have put tons of rounds through them, but I stick to OEM for carry.

I have a blocked ProMag designed for the 19. It functions fine, but when it comes time to reload it's easily the stiffest magazine I own.

KCI gets a bad rep, but I haven't had any major problems. They're the cheapest mags you can get (korean made). The springs are a bit weak, but I switch to Wolf springs for all mags anyway.

Haven’t used the G19 magpul mag but have a few of the G26 13rnd mags up in Maine. They worked great on several outings. They look different on the pinky extension then the OEM but besides that, no reason I wouldn’t buy again.

Cool thanks for all the great feedback guys.

Seems like the consensus is Magpul is good to go but the factory mags are probably a little better.

Probably will go with the factory mags in this case, as stated they aren't really expensive.

I had a coupon.. I got 4 magpuls for $8 each.
They seem good so far.
They don't seem metal lined, so I can see where long term durability may cause issue, maybe. Perhaps in the feed lip area.
On the other hand, I don't see why they would. Their AR mags are proven durable.

Magpul Glerk mags are really good, but I've read that you have to keep them clean. Not meticulously, but if you drop them in mud, sand or some shit, clean them.

That being said, Glock makes the best factory mags in the business... since 1986.

Hrmmmm . . . you mean even those early ones that crack the length of the back side when they loaded to full capacity?

Back
Top Bottom