• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 gen 5 unusual wear pattern?

Lol its a Gock, the entire point is to just not care. I'll have to look at some of mine. This might actually be a side effect of a good thing, tigther fitment. [laugh]

When I brought the Glock 17L to Sig in Exeter for a class I brought it new in box. And holy shit was it not reliable with no and or factory grease only. [rofl]

It was fine after I actually lubed it though.

When I brought the Glock 17L to Sig in Exeter for a class I brought it new in box. And holy shit was it not reliable with no and or factory grease only. [rofl]

It was fine after I actually lubed it though.

Well, thats pretty much a worst case scenario, not exactly surprised there. I do clean and lube mine but never on the first run. I beat the tar out of them on the
first run and I've never had that happen, although if someone made me take a bet I would say a 17L would be the most likely to fail out of the box.

Well, thats pretty much a worst case scenario, not exactly surprised there. I do clean and lube mine but never on the first run. I beat the tar out of them on the
first run and I've never had that happen, although if someone made me take a bet I would say a 17L would be the most likely to fail out of the box.
Yeah the barrel and slide are going to drag around more. It's been fine since.

My G34 is still my workhorse though

Wtf is break in lube
Whassamatter; glazing on your mouse key from improper web break-in?
Here:
BRK.jpg

it is a glock. spit on it and shoot it.
You had me at "spit on it".

Man, I've heard conflicting guidance. ... I don't know what to believe any more
Beware the ruby-colored goo.

That corroborates an old Rocky Horror Picture Show audience participation line.

The "new finish" wears like that. Mine looked like that somewhere between 1k and 2k. I now have just over 7k through mine. It gets a little worse and as long as you keep it properly lubed that's about as far as it goes. Just as a point of reference my g4 has around 8800 rns and it shows less wear then my g5. As a matter of fact the only signs of wear on my g4 is the extractor. Other then that it looks new. Just my 2c

Wow Kathleen Turner did not age well. But then again (sigh) neither did I. Sic transit gloria.
Not to be a bummer, but the photo on the right is like 10 years old...

Why do people expect a gun to still look like the day it came out the box after firing 1000+ rounds through it?

That's like expecting a shovel to not have any scratches on it after shovelling a truck load of gravel.[banghead][banghead][banghead]
Yeah I don’t get it. Either shoot them and expect wear or have them collect dust and sit in the safe. But to each their own

Glock PERFECTION fanbois are weird. A good number of you actually scuff up your Glocks for no reason just to get that 'battleworn finish' to add to resale value. Plus a custom bubba stipple job also adds another $200 to the value of the Glock in addition to the MA """rare""" tax.

Glock-19-Stone-Gray-Graphite-Black-Battleworn-Cerakote.jpg

Glock PERFECTION fanbois are weird. A good number of you actually scuff up your Glocks for no reason just to get that 'battleworn finish' to add to resale value. Plus a custom bubba stipple job also adds another $200 to the value of the Glock in addition to the MA """rare""" tax.

Lol most people just get them, change a few irritating things maybe (like sights, maybe a couple other minor things) and shoot the piss out of them.

This isn't glocktalk kehd. (even if a shitload of us here own them).

View attachment 574452

Clearly you’ve never operated operationally with a stock Glock vs a battleworn Glock. I slay 78.482% more bodies with a custom Glerk. It’s literally science you gay

Just noticed what seem like unusual or excessive wear pattern on my Glock 19 gen 5. See pictures. I estimate the gun has less than 1000 rounds through it. I always keep it clean and well oiled. It is 100% reliable and a great shooter.

Yes I realize that it's a machine with parts moving around, but I don't recall my previous Glock 19 gen 4 had wear patterns like this. Maybe the Gen 5 just have tighter tolerances than the Gen 4, so such wear patterns are to be expected.

What say the experts?

View attachment 574280

View attachment 574279

View attachment 574278

View attachment 574277

View attachment 574276
I was just thinking, You field stripped a clock after only 1000 rounds

can't help but wonder which one you're thinking of
Well folks, I PM'ed the meme.
Once @Mesatchornug opens the message,
I'm afraid it's curtains...
efe1003fbfe5e8c5e1cf21bca5574a18.jpg

Why do people expect a gun Glock to still look like the day it came out the box after firing 1000+ rounds through it?
That's like expecting a shovel 1911 to not have any scratches on it after shovelling a truck load of gravel field stripping it.[banghead][banghead][banghead]
FTFY.

Glock PERFECTION fanbois are weird. ... a custom bubba stipple job also adds another $200 to the value of the Glock ...
Custom bubba stipple job, LOL.
s-l1600.jpg

I was just thinking, You field stripped a clock after only 1000 rounds
Semi-ironic given my above reply to @Uzi2.

jeazus fecking christ. it is a glock. spit on it and shoot it.

on a serious note - do it any way you want. i always rub all oil off new gun dry clean, put a tiny amount of AR high viscous oil on the finger and apply a very little of it on the barrel where it contacts the slide. then run a pack of 50 rounds - then take it all apart, wipe it clean, look for wear, then apply a thin layer or none of oil and run 100 rounds more.
you need to make metal wear where it is in contact so it would start cycling well on light loads. excessive lubrication will only extend the struggle.

ps. my gen5 g34 did not 'like' 115gr lite ammo for quite a while, until rings started to form and upper part of the barrel edge worked out a bit. both g17 were much less of a pita.

Remember, for the first 500-1000 rounds don’t use spit. Pee on it instead.
Exactly what it sounds like.

View attachment 574364

It’s 2022.

9173DE14-D2E1-4A9D-B60B-84C762DB61B6.jpeg

Eventually you’ll stop caring lol. I don’t know how many thousands of rounds my CZ SP-01 Shadow has seen but the finish has worn down a bit. Nothing crazy but at the end of the day it’s a tool.
Used to be jet black lol
5EA5D517-890F-498A-B5D0-A17115DC7E05.jpeg 05E95C49-E41B-4BD8-A0DF-6F6911E328B1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom