• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 gen 5 unusual wear pattern?

First time I've heard that ethnic joke...
🇵🇱[shocked]
BTW, if anyone is having trouble parsing the emoji for Poland,
here's a magnified copy of it:
64mpdi.jpg

Just noticed what seem like unusual or excessive wear pattern on my Glock 19 gen 5. See pictures. I estimate the gun has less than 1000 rounds through it. I always keep it clean and well oiled. It is 100% reliable and a great shooter.

Yes I realize that it's a machine with parts moving around, but I don't recall my previous Glock 19 gen 4 had wear patterns like this. Maybe the Gen 5 just have tighter tolerances than the Gen 4, so such wear patterns are to be expected.

What say the experts?

View attachment 574280

View attachment 574279

View attachment 574278

View attachment 574277

View attachment 574276

I had a 19 gen 5 and it looked like that. Maybe more noticable since the coating is jet black compared to the Gen 3/4.

I think it’s fine. Gen 5’s have tighter tolerances than previous Gens.
and a shitter finish....

I think what all of us are talking about here that have had most gens of Glocks brand new is that the Gen 5 DLC finish starts to wear at 50-100 rounds.....vs. the previous finishes that you didn't see any barrel or slide wear marks til like 1K rounds.

Nobody is being gay about it, and everyone expects their pistol to wear, and some guys dont give a crap. The speed of the wear of the new finish is just more noticeable than previous Gens to those that pay attention.

I mean....my Gen 5 is wearing similar to the finish on my Canik. They are not the same price point firearm.

and a shitter finish....

I think what all of us are talking about here that have had most gens of Glocks brand new is that the Gen 5 DLC finish starts to wear at 50-100 rounds.....vs. the previous finishes that you didn't see any barrel or slide wear marks til like 1K rounds.

Nobody is being gay about it, and everyone expects their pistol to wear, and some guys dont give a crap. The speed of the wear of the new finish is just more noticeable than previous Gens to those that pay attention.

I mean....my Gen 5 is wearing similar to the finish on my Canik. They are not the same price point firearm.

Meh, as someone who has carried a bunch of Gen5s at this point, I don't see it as being objectively that much worse/different.

I mean if I made up a sheet there are at least 7 discernably different glock finishes and theyre not all chronological.

IMHO the worst ones were some of the dull gen 2 and 3s, the shiny-but-dull 4 was probably the worst one ever, however, that finish didnt seem to exist in the wild forever. I think it got "killed" because it sucks. That one was easy to mar etc. or holster marks show easier on it etc.

I think the two best are Gen3 glossy black "w/grain" and the "Gen5 DLC".

Of course there are crossovers. I have widebody G20, G21, that are def Gen4s but have the Gen 3 glossy black w/grain finish, lol.

There is no consistency to any of it. [rofl]

Meh, as someone who has carried a bunch of Gen5s at this point, I don't see it as being objectively that much worse/different.

I mean if I made up a sheet there are at least 7 discernably different glock finishes and theyre not all chronological.

IMHO the worst ones were some of the dull gen 2 and 3s, the shiny-but-dull 4 was probably the worst one ever, however, that finish didnt seem to exist in the wild forever. I think it got "killed" because it sucks. That one was easy to mar etc. or holster marks show easier on it etc.

Of course there are crossovers. I have widebody G20, G21, that are def Gen4s but have the Gen 3 glossy black w/grain finish, lol.

Perfection®

I prefer the Gen 3 coating. Always had good luck with not scratching them as they are hard as hell. New coatings just look like paint now...

I prefer the Gen 3 coating. Always had good luck with not scratching them as they are hard as hell. New coatings just look like paint now...
I agree there's been a shit ton of finishes......dull black, grey, teflon shiny black...can't keep up.

Had the smooth grey on my Gen 4 32 and it was pretty OK.....no issues and I carried it a lot.

I have the "grainy teflon pan" style on my USA made Gen 4 -22 it probably the most durable I've run across. Way more so than Gen 5.....I have at least 1K thru the G22 and there is absolutely no wear on the barrel slide noticeable.

Again......don't give a crap about it....still carry the Gen 5 17 everywhere I go.

Back
Top Bottom