Glock 19 gen 2 question

Rockyboy2010

NES Member
I put a 3.5 connector, 6 lb trigger spring, skeletonized Ti striker (with lighter spring) and stainless steel 15 lb recoil spring in my G19 gen 2 in hopes of lightening up the trigger for an upcoming IDPA match. The result is now the trigger is breaking at about 8.5/9 lbs. (it was about 5.5/6 lbs before I installed these parts). Anyone have any experience with what may be causing this problem?

Your problem is that you messed with an otherwise excellent firearm in stock form. Look at all the silly things you added which resulted in a worse trigger, likely decreased reliability and I'm sure that cost you a fair amount of money that could otherwise have been spent on practice ammo. Reinstall the factory parts and train on the factory trigger.

Your problem is that you messed with an otherwise excellent firearm in stock form. Look at all the silly things you added which resulted in a worse trigger, likely decreased reliability and I'm sure that cost you a fair amount of money that could otherwise have been spent on practice ammo. Reinstall the factory parts and train on the factory trigger.

Marcus - do you compete in any kind of practical pistol shooting?

OP - those parts should work. Are there any nasty tool marks on the new parts? Check your trigger spring orientation too. If you get desperate the Vanek trigger kit is nice.

Thanks Bill O,
I narrowed the problem down to the Ti skeletonized striker. I have a call into Lone Wolf & waiting to hear back. Thanks for your input and yes I’m setting the gun up for the LFOD match this weekend at Pioneer. I have all the factory parts that can be easily switched back. I can shoot the gun fine with the stock (shitty) Glock trigger, I was just trying to get a lighter pull and crisper reset. I will look into the Vanek trigger.
Thanks,
Rb

I complete in IDPA as well and I'm with Marcus on this one. To paraphrase Ivan Chesnokov, pistol was fine before you f*** it!

Back
Top Bottom