Glock 17 "redesigned" for PCC

Doesn't IDPA have a minimum barrel length for PCC ?

I'm looking at Appendix B - PCC division rules.

What seems to be the question here starts with "C" below:
Rifles permitted for use in PCC must*:
A. Be semi-automatic.
B. Use 9 mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, and .45 ACP pistol caliber cartridges.
C. Designed to be fired from the shoulder and have a shoulder stock installed.

Which is supplemented with "B" below:
1.1.1 PCC Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):
A. Removing butt stock
B. Firearms not designed for use with a buttstock (for example: AR pistols with Sig Brace or equivalent)
C. Monopods, Bipods and Tripods
D. Drum or coupled magazines

Looking at the comments in the IDPA FB forum, I believe that the shooter stating that he Form1'd (is that a verb?), what was a pistol as an SBR using that "stock" therefore it now meets the rules.

The lawyers in fisherman vests are discussing.

I knew I remember reading about a minimum. The following comes up in a google search (idpa pcc barrel length) but It seems to be from an earlier rule book revision. IDPA does those often...
8.2.7 Pistol Caliber Carbine Division (PCC) Requirements: Rifles permitted for use in PCC must be semi-automatic and have a minimum barrel length of 10”. Carbines must be designed to be fired from the shoulder and have a butt stock installed. Authorized pistol caliber cartridges include 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, and .45 ACP. Magazine capacity is 30 rounds. Starting condition with PCC is locked and loaded at the low ready, unless otherwise specified on written stage description.

I do not find barrel length reference in the current rule book on IDPA site.
Anyway, I don't see any advantage to using a SBR'd glock pistol over using an actual carbine, like an AR9

Back
Top Bottom