• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 17 gen 2

Where have all the Glock 17 gen 2s come from? Four Seasons and a few other stores have them. Did a large PD finally get rid of 20+ year old sidearms?

I imagine it would have to be LE trade ins from somewhere. Of course the fun part is finding how much dealers are going to rape for them on the back end. I imagine cost is like $250-$350 tops.

-Mike

Outside of commie states like mass there probably isn't much of a market for them. And as was said above its easier to rape people on the prices because OMG Glock. There banned here. although the prices that I have seen are not good but there not the usual dry rape prices that we have seen before. Still way to much money.

I imagine it would have to be LE trade ins from somewhere. Of course the fun part is finding how much dealers are going to rape for them on the back end. I imagine cost is like $250-$350 tops.

-Mike

They are LE tradeins that hit the distribution channel recently. A pretty healthy number of them. Not clear where they came from since none of them have any identifying marks and the distributors did not indicate source.

New gun margins are VERY low for anything that is common/readily available. Local dealer + tax tends to be gated by internet price + xfer fee. Also the couple large volume dealers we have help set the bar low for margin on new guns.

Ammo and accessories used to be the path to making money, but most people just buy on the internet now (no tax, cheap).

Used guns are one of the few places dealers will make a little money. You want to inspect used guns before buying and you usually can't get the same thing at multiple places. That means the margin on used guns is a little higher than on new.

The going rate for the current batch of g17 gen 2 is right around $400 + tax at retail. While I am biased, being a dealer with this gun posted, it is a fair price for a used gun and represents no MA premium. It is just what you markup a used gun in general.

Dealer cost is at the very high end of your guess. It depends on which distributor, did they come with 17s that had to be replaced with 10s, did the dealer buy enough to get free shipping, etc.

I expect that as time goes by, the price will drift UP. Right now the market is a little saturated. As supply dwindles, the price will increase.

Until they become "collectors items". Have you seen the prices for Gen 1s lately?

Outside of commie states like mass there probably isn't much of a market for them. And as was said above its easier to rape people on the prices because OMG Glock. There banned here. although the prices that I have seen are not good but there not the usual dry rape prices that we have seen before. Still way to much money.

Replace what???? Maybe a spring or two. Honestly, it's a Glock. Toss it into the ocean, put it in your toaster oven and drive over it with some of the equipment on Gold Rush. It'll still go BANG. You're talking $20-30 of parts from Brownells at best. And that's if you are replacing most of the parts.

The only downside to a Gen2 G19/17 is you can't drop it into one of those CAA-MPX or whatevertheyare's.

As soon as one of those TACKLEBERRY cops drops one and it hits a civilian, yup..lol!!
Didn’t like philly or some other shithole city just drop sigs due to a highly trained and qualified ossified having an ‘incident?’

They went back to glock, according to the article.

Back
Top Bottom