Globe Silencer Poll

Save your time guys. We are never getting silencers in MA no matter how many gay polls you vote in.
It sometimes amazes - literally amazes - me that gun owners waste their time and efforts on fruitless pursuits like this.
Polls. For silencers. In Massachusetts.
Polls conducted by the Boston Pravda - oops, by the Boston Globe.

Seriously?...I'd be friggin-effin-wet-myself-THRILLED if I could simply walk into a Massachusetts gun shop, literally any Massachusetts gun shop, even one, ask the clerk "Scuse me: how much is that brand new Glock?" and without showing my badge (or other proof of law-enforcement affiliation) be able to walk out with it a few minutes after my "background check" receives the electronic thumbs up from the Kremlin.

But wait: if I do a clicky-click thing on a "poll" in a failing, dying liberal rag, and the poll comes out favoring "our side" it might sway the thoughts of one or three of the leftwing, pissbottling, moonbat, liberal, heads-up-their-collective-asses PUKES who get their "news and opinion" from the sh*tstained ("roll your poo-poo and toss it at cops!") rag known as The Glob?
Or at maximum I'll get to see a "results tally" that shows respondents favor something that's pro-gun..and that's gonna make me feel better that I might have changed the thought processes of lunatics who spend their money reading that Commie manifesto Glob and who re-elect anyone named Kennedy or Clinton or (etc)? Even if the poll result was 99.9999% to .0001% in favor of allowing the public to purchase "silencers", is ANYONE working at or reading the Globe going to give a f*ck?

Other than you, me and the other normal, level-headed law abiding Americans who will notice the (buried, if it ends up going against the Commies who run the Pravda printing press) poll.. Who will notice or care?.. A Globe subscriber?.. Going to "change their line of thinking" and suddenly agree that an NES member has any 2nd Amendment (or even 1st, for that matter, since Globe subscribers could literally give a flying rat's f*ck what a gun owner thinks or says) rights?

You DON'T MATTER to them. Your thoughts, feelings, opinions DON'T MATTER to them....IN THE LEAST.
You voted for Trump! You're a despicable, deplorable, disgusting swamp yankee who doesn't even have NPR as one of your presets on your radio dial inside your Tesla Model 3 and you don't even order soy milk in your Venti Mocha Latte at Starbucks. So what the hell could you obviously know about anything? I get it - it's OUR way of "resisting" THEIR thoughts, and it's maybe "showing them" that there is indeed a vocal pro-gun population here in East California. And this somehow matters to these WINGNUTS?

"You want silenced guns? Well if you hadn't voted Trump then our friend Merrick Garland would've silenced your guns without you having to spend even a penny on one of those super-pressers or whatever the hell your mean, bigoted Congressmen are signing up with... while they still even have a vote, before we replace them with Kara or some other carpetbagged Kennedy in the next district election (just like our Comrade - oops, owner - is replacing the icky, disgustingly racist bigoted Yawkey name from his other business across town)".

"We'll silence those guns for you - permanently - you disgusting deplorable dynasty ducks. You want a poll? Here, have a pole.

Bend over."

Last edited:
Police chiefs are politicians.

This... Well sort of.
Police Chiefs are more like politicians who don't actually need a single "vote" in order to obtain or retain their seat. They instead simply need to be able to perform in a manner somewhat similar to Linda Lovelace (or, at minimum, Marilyn Chambers) level in order to be considered for "reelection".

"Yes Mister Mayor. Yes $ir. Whatever you say, $ir".....(cha-ching)

Last edited:
Do remember that most Chiefs do not represent what the average police officer thinks, and most live in the same liberal fantasy land as the majority of moonbats in this state.

I seriously doubt that as most of them have come up through the ranks. Most para-military and miltary organizations are group think. Be an outlier and you get beat down and will never get promoted. I don't buy the argument that they are the lone anti-gun spokesmen in a department of 2a supporters. There are some exceptions but the reality is that that type of thinking is what gets people promoted.

Thank you for voting!

Yes 88.02% (4,502 votes)

No 11.98% (613 votes)

Total Votes: 5,115

But the article still shows only 11 votes for me - edit: should read before commenting - that was the prior weeks poll

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that as most of them have come up through the ranks. Most para-military and miltary organizations are group think. Be an outlier and you get beat down and will never get promoted. I don't buy the argument that they are the lone anti-gun spokesmen in a department of 2a supporters. There are some exceptions but the reality is that that type of thinking is what gets people promoted.
I work in Moonbat City.

Many know I'm on the conservative side and not necessarily unhappy with President Trump.

A select few know that I own firearms. Only one, no make that two have ever been to a range with me. Interestingly those are a CIO and a senior level manager.

Nobody there knows I own a firearm related business.

The point being, I have no doubt that mingling with the steroid hyped dog killing maniacs in blue are some good people that are just as frustrated with the moonbats/anti gun crew as we are, and most of their peers don't know it.

When you work in a hostile workplace, you do not openly admit info that will reflect badly on you.

I voted about 25 times today. I don't have a subscription.

There's a bright future waiting for you at UNH, heh.

Light it up if you can. I'm not sure Globe subscribers will vote favorably.

Thank you for voting!

Yes 88.02% (4,517 votes)
No 11.98% (615 votes)
Total Votes: 5,132

(Last week’s argument: Should Massachusetts require police to obtain search warrants to use drones for investigations?
Yes: 54.55% (6 votes)
No: 45.45% (5 votes)
[Total Votes: 11])

I work in Moonbat City.

Many know I'm on the conservative side and not necessarily unhappy with President Trump.

A select few know that I own firearms. Only one, no make that two have ever been to a range with me. Interestingly those are a CIO and a senior level manager.

Nobody there knows I own a firearm related business.

The point being, I have no doubt that mingling with the steroid hyped dog killing maniacs in blue are some good people that are just as frustrated with the moonbats/anti gun crew as we are, and most of their peers don't know it.

When you work in a hostile workplace, you do not openly admit info that will reflect badly on you.

Yup. But that's how it starts. You sell your soul for money. I have worked closely with a large department and it's cut throats for promotions and overtime. Drink the kool aid to get ahead.

Yup. But that's how it starts. You sell your soul for money. I have worked closely with a large department and it's cut throats for promotions and overtime. Drink the kool aid to get ahead.

My soul, if I ever had one, is LONG gone.

I don't do what I do for money. I do it to support my family. THAT's my duty.

And it's not limited to police departments. It's in corporate America. Military. Defense industry. Everywhere. Even within the Indian tribes we pushed out hundreds of years ago.

If you work you're projecting an image. If not to your coworkers or bosses, then to your minions or at the very least, your customers.

I just wish someone would comment that the police chief flat out lied when he said they'd be treated with any other firearm accessory. They would be treated like a firearm. That kind of intentional lying is what's wrong with the politicized police Chiefs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the only real leg the police have to really be against suppressors is the shot spotter...can't that technology just be adjusted to pick up lower decibel shots?

the only real leg the police have to really be against suppressors is the shot spotter...can't that technology just be adjusted to pick up lower decibel shots?

?? Criminals will never buy silencers -- takes too long with all the ATF paperwork. Silencers are the easiest devices to make in a garage. If criminals want to use them, they can make them in an hour. Bottom line is that criminals do not care to bother with using silencers. The whole argument about crime with silencers is complete rubbish by the anti-2A crowd, nothing more.

Doesn't seem to be an issue...

16. Does ShotSpotter detect gunshots from gun silencers?
In regard to gun silencers it is more accurate to call them suppressors as they suppress the impulsive
sound of gunfire not wholly eliminate it.
We have successfully if not inadvertently detected confirmed suppressed gunfire within our existing
deployments. Although we have not formally tested the theoretical impact to our system we intend to do
some targeted testing in the near future. We believe we will have various options ranging from
increasing our sensor array density to developing software/firmware to address the detection of
suppressed gunfire if it were to become a widespread issue.

http://www.shotspotter.com/system/content-uploads/ShotSpotter_FAQ_June_2017.pdf

I see the police chiefs injecting their opinions into this argument. Last time I checked they were law enforcement-not legislative or judicial in nature. Does that mean his personal opinion about anything should be constituted as the truth? I would imagine that there are plenty of illegal aliens in town that overlooked. So following some laws and not the others is not law enforcement-it's politics. And his speech should be qualified as political not law enforcement.

I am of the opinion that perhaps that police and law enforcement should leave their firearms locked up at the station after duty hours. They can then carry their own firearms and permits for personal use. There should be one standard for all. Then we can talk politics.

it has never stopped the scimbag Seth Moultin from opining on guns

4605 Yes. 619 No. 88.15%.

"If repealed, our officers will be at greater risk when they respond to active shooter calls because the use of silencers will make it more difficult to identify where a shooter is. Additionally, technology called “ShotSpotter,” which helps identify where gun shots are coming from and is used by my department and many others, will likely be compromised when it comes to picking up the sound of shots fired with a silencer.

This is the biggest load of hogwash I've read in a long time.
If someone is shooting at you, you'll know who, and from where.
Spotshotter doesn't do shit, anyway. Most cities and towns that paid for it are taking it out, as it doesn't solve anything.

?? Criminals will never buy silencers -- takes too long with all the ATF paperwork. Silencers are the easiest devices to make in a garage. If criminals want to use them, they can make them in an hour. Bottom line is that criminals do not care to bother with using silencers. The whole argument about crime with silencers is complete rubbish by the anti-2A crowd, nothing more.

i don't care if criminals never use them...all i want to do is make that angle invalid...if the shot spotter system can detect suppressed shots then it doesn't matter and that should not be a reason that is being used for not allowing suppressors to be legalized...and the chief saying that it makes it more difficult to identify where a shooter is...that's BS...they don't change the trajectory sound, your surroundings do...if anything it would help them be able to hear after the first shot and maybe zero in on following shots without their ears ringing

^^^point made...argument is invalid

^^^point made...argument is invalid

Anti's will claim Shot Spotter is in cahoots with the NRA, suppressor manufacturers
and gun lobby so they can make more money by charging communities for increasing the
sensor array density and developing the software/firmware.

Fram, Purolator, etc already make a full line of silencers. All the criminal has to do is go shoplift one - no background check required. I think they even make full assault silencers but you may have to go to Napa for those.

I believe it was tested - the results were that shots 'could' be heard by the system, but there was a great deal of tuning that was involved with the system. That costs money.

I can't get past the paywall on my PC. Is anyone getting screen captures of the results? It would be nice to pass this along to our Reps but something tells me that with these results the Globe will quickly lose the information.

I can't get past the paywall on my PC. Is anyone getting screen captures of the results? It would be nice to pass this along to our Reps but something tells me that with these results the Globe will quickly lose the information.

I use Chrome and ABP for that sort of browsing.

Beyond that, try clearing cookies from their site.

i am a little slow, but it seems, with all these abutters trying to close down outdoor shooting ranges, that the obvious technical solution would be silencers.

I wonder if a club that was recently shut down could SUE to allow their members to use silencers.

I use Chrome and ABP for that sort of browsing.

Beyond that, try clearing cookies from their site.

I tried clearing cookies in the past and it didn't work. I just tried it again and it worked. I think I wasn't giving it enough time to finish the search for "globe" so I wasn't getting all of them. And I don't want to clear all my cookies.

ETA: and I voted again [smile]

Back
Top Bottom