• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Globe hit piece on Maura Healey

In that case, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources refused to give the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals records related to research monkeys, invoking an exemption passed after the September 11 terrorist attacks to keep sensitive building blueprints and security plans out of the hands of terrorists.

As someone who worked in animal research/preclinical trials before doing IT, I have to agree with her on this part. It's not as bad out here, but the animal rights/PETA/ALF/ELF(and yes, they are linked) out in Cali and merry old England are F#CK3D up. Blowing up buildings, attacking people with ax handles etc.

I'm wondering if DeLeo and company decided to pull a Finneran against her just like how Luther Harshbarger was allowed to be speed bumped for being a bit too loony for the leadership. Might be drawing too much potential federal attention for their liking.

Preemptive hit piece so the Globe can appear tough. Instead of current events with the State Police or at the Senate, criticize her for actions on a 60 year old case. Early release a person who go on to kill a cop who cares.

spot on. anyone want to place bets on who the globe endorses for AG in the next election???

Just clear your browser cookies whenever you need to hate-read a Globe article, and you'll get two more freebies each time.

Also, you can just delete the cookie for bostonglobe.com and refresh the page. That way you don't get signed out of everything else.

Her BFF in NY is going down:

View: https://twitter.com/MichelleBarish/status/993630209768226816

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse
NY Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Accused Of Physical Abuse
The New Yorker has vetted four women’s accounts.

Schneiderman is facing a reckoning of his own. As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters. They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence. All have been reluctant to speak out, fearing reprisal. But two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have talked to The New Yorker on the record, because they feel that doing so could protect other women. They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. Manning Barish and Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as “assault.” They did not report their allegations to the police at the time, but both say that they eventually sought medical attention after having been slapped hard across the ear and face, and also choked. Selvaratnam says that Schneiderman warned her he could have her followed and her phones tapped, and both say that he threatened to kill them if they broke up with him. (Schneiderman’s spokesperson said that he “never made any of these threats.”)

She obviously pissed off someone at the Globe!

"In February, Healey decided to appeal a ruling requiring police to release mug shots and incident reports about public employees who are accused of a crime. The Globe filed the lawsuit after state and local police withheld records about officers caught drunk driving.

Healey also appealed a ruling ordering the State Police to give the Globe dates of birth for state troopers, which would have enabled the Globe to look up the driving records for officers involved in crashes, to verify whether officers were the same people mentioned in arrest records, and to check whether officers were on the payrolls of multiple government departments...

...For instance, in April, Healey’s office said the Board of Registration in Medicine could charge the Globe as much as $16,800 for a copy of its electronic database of licensed physicians, despite an order from Galvin’s office to significantly reduce the fee. Healey’s office says it did advise the board, however, that it must consider ways to make it easier for the public to obtain electronic records the next time it updates its computer system."

Might be something to do with it.

"In one case, Healey’s office even forced Galvin to hire his own attorneys when the City of Somerville went to court to challenge an order requiring it to provide data on parking permits to the Globe."

^

Winner?

Just clear your browser cookies whenever you need to hate-read a Globe article, and you'll get two more freebies each time.

Or use a masked browser on an iPad and you get five free articles each time you open the Globe website. Doesn’t work so well on incognito browsers on a PC but if you use more than one browser you should be able to read all the glob articles you can stomach in a given week.

Governor, AG, state police, legislature, all get exemptions to laws the rest must follow.

the-french-revolution-3-638.jpg

the-french-revolution-4-638.jpg

the-french-revolution-5-638.jpg
the-french-revolution-7-638.jpg

all these, and more, from:

View: https://www.slideshare.net/mtnlvr7/the-french-revolution-51360751

Perhaps she did piss off someone at the Globe, but they've been floundering for years and it's more likely that they're doing this to appear more "balanced/ubiased" to win back some readers. I read through the article, and they handled her with kid gloves compared to how they drag gun owners and conservatives.

The comments on the article are mildly encouraging. They seem to indicate that more than just Northeast Shooter folks are, to be polite, disappointed in Healey and recognize her for the self-serving political animal that she really is. She doesn't care about ANYTHING except herself and her own political future.

The comments on the article are mildly encouraging. They seem to indicate that more than just Northeast Shooter folks are, to be polite, disappointed in Healey and recognize her for the self-serving political animal that she really is. She doesn't care about ANYTHING except herself and her own political future.

Yeah, I too was surprised at the number of comments that spoke negatively about her.

Yeah, I too was surprised at the number of comments that spoke negatively about her.

Same. As much as the MA voters usually just fill in the "D" circle on election day, every now and then they recognize a self-serving grandstanding piece of crap when they see it. Most recently former AG Martha Coakley, twice. I hope her opponent in the next election can push that narrative effectively.

Remember when the President swore to have the most transparent administration in the history of the world???

People say that Trump just says crap all the time. No one remembers the above or the "after the election, I'll have more room to negotiate" Putin meeting. I really hate that Trump just spews, but EVERYONE spews. Healy is spew.

Remember when the President swore to have the most transparent administration in the history of the world???

People say that Trump just says crap all the time. No one remembers the above or the "after the election, I'll have more room to negotiate" Putin meeting. I really hate that Trump just spews, but EVERYONE spews. Healy is spew.

That's insulting....to spew

Liberal code-word: Troubling = oh shit, how do I cover my ass on this one?

Wow I knew the man mentioned in the article John Harty, great guy. His brother and wife were actually murdered a few years back by drug addicts out near gill, ma. The couple that did it just got convicted last week.

crocodile tears. this falls right into Healey's narrative of heterosexuals being the real degenerates, with powerbulldykes like it having the moral high ground

This needs to be continously posted to her Facebook account. And take a screenshot in case they delete comments.

Preemptive hit piece so the Globe can appear tough. Instead of current events with the State Police or at the Senate, criticize her for actions on a 60 year old case. Early release a person who go on to kill a cop who cares.

I think this is close..
Their subscriptions are way down.
Over all ALL newspapers have a severely Left perceived bias.
The mid terms are fast approaching.
They want to win back more “moderate” people that used to subscribe.
They want to appear more “down the middle”

They know it does not matter. Unless she is primaried by a viable dem, she will win in a landslide.

The Goobe gets to say they are “tough and fair”,
Healy gets her name in the paper, a chance to be quoted and rebut and get her message out.

Don’t fool yourself, their in it together they’re working together.

Unless they are sitting a bombshell Rosenberg situation and they are worried somebody outside the Glob is getting really to leak or publish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom