glenn beck

i did not piss and i did not moan... i was not snide,,,i insulted noone,,snippy i was not,,, i expressed my opinion as is my right, as it is youre right to disagree.i was attacked for my spelling,for what i would assume is a lack of argument over my point.
you say our cause,,, i have a ltc,, i do carry,,, am i not part of this cause? i have stated my opinion,,, is it not my right?

Absolutely, and we have a right to smash for being foolish and stating biased dislike over a guy most of us enjoy.

By all means create a valid argument backed with facts, maybe a couple of articles proving your point. To come on here ranting you dislike a guy for no reason is old hat and we are most likely sick of seeing it.

i did not piss and i did not moan... i was not snide,,,i insulted noone,,snippy i was not,,, i expressed my opinion as is my right, as it is youre right to disagree.i was attacked for my spelling,for what i would assume is a lack of argument over my point.
you say our cause,,, i have a ltc,, i do carry,,, am i not part of this cause? i have stated my opinion,,, is it not my right?

Dude you need an ambien and a shot [laugh] Take a deep breath. I was merely saying to take it easy and watch how you phrase stuff. Telling a guy " you have a lot of posts but are they useful" could tick off a member that is well respected and rather helpful. I'm telling you this because I made these mistakes when I first got here and paid for it. I never insinuated that you weren't part of our "cause". I again used apostrophes because I'm not sure I'd call it a cause or a movement or whatever you want to label it. Just calm down and enjoy this wonderful forum! [wink]

I would gather that you don't look into anything that he is saying. Some of it is a stretch but it's all based in fact somewhere, it's sometimes just a matter of how he gets there. I enjoy a lot of what he does, it gives me things to research and debunk if needed, then I make my own decisions.

xray.jpg

I don't really like Glenn Beck. He's pure drama. He looks for conflict where there is none, and I disagree with a lot of things that he thinks. But that's not why I wouldn't suggest him to represent gun owners. It's because, while he is great at preaching to the choir, he'll be completely useless (or maybe worse) is getting through to anyone with any anti-gun tendencies. But maybe I'm too picky. Hell, I think that there are a lot of NESers who would be bad representatives to the anti-gun community.

He'll give a keynote speech and it will be about freedom and people will like it. What else are you realistically looking for?

luv the pic Doc!! Becks cool, fun to listen to, who doesn't want a smaller, simpler, freedom loving gubmint that loves gun owners. I do!!

Whoa now. The guy says some controversial things, but risks his life? I don't know about that.

I do.

He is under constant threats from the left and has to have security to protect himself and his family.

He goes after people and causes in which billions, and yes even trillions are at stake. Lots of people have been offed for less.

I do.

He is under constant threats from the left and has to have security to protect himself and his family.

He goes after people and causes in which billions, and yes even trillions are at stake. Lots of people have been offed for less.

+1

He has been quite brave to say what many others will not. If I recall correctly, at one point he announced something along the lines of "I am in perfect health, so if I suddenly die for whatever reason, there should be cause for concern". The left thrives off of keeping people in the dark. When someone such as Beck goes out of their way to shine some light on the truth, they paint a big target on their back.

I enjoy listening to Beck every now and then. Like others have said, yes he does have his irritating God rants, but for the most part he does a great job presenting people with facts. He does not demand you view everything his way, but rather provides the viewer with enough information to go out and form their own opinions. On top of all that, he is very pro 2a and would be an excellent speaker to have at an NRA event. He has vast following of viewers and listeners which will only help to bring more attention to the support of the second amendment.

I like Beck. It irritates me that some people are irritated by his religiosity: He is very religious but he does not proselytize or demean others for their different beliefs. To dismiss everything he does because of his religious beliefs seems bigoted to me. And I do not share his religious beliefs at all.

It sounds to me like the OP's opinion of Beck have been shaped by the lamestream media's demonization of him. My son, who thinks The Daily Show is a news program, exhibits the same, simplistic prejudice.

Beck's economic and business knowledge is weak and he often gets facts about finance wrong, but that's true of most people who are not experienced in it. For example, he paints with too broad a brush in denouncing Wall Street.

I am also irritated by those who dismiss Beck, Limbaugh, et al. with the comment, "He's just an entertainer." I think these guys act out of real, personal passion for their originalist vision of America, and they express it in ways that resonate with millions of people, and that is why they are so successful in the media. To demean them so is like saying that Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin and James Madison were "just entertainers" because their publications were widely popular in their day. In the 1930s there was a similar media phenomenon in Father Coughlin, who was a fiery Progressive broadcaster (not a good guy in my book). Coughlin absolutely believed what he said on the radio. I think it is the mealy-mouthed politicians, mostly Democrats, but some RINOs such as McCain and Graham, who say what they think people want to hear without caring about the truth at all.

I have yet to see Beck "create drama" where there was none. In fact, his original reporting has uncovered some of the worst scandals in the Obamunist cabal, which I'm sure they would have preferred to keep secret from us. To use a shooting analogy, he doesn't always hit the X, but he shoots very high scores.

And he is much more extreme in his 2A position than the NRA is, so that's good with me.

At this point, we need all the help in this fight that we can get.

Tide's coming in. It doesn't matter what you think of the guy next to you, as long as he's lending a hand.

NRA Announces Glenn Beck as Keynote Speaker for "Freedom Experience," Saturday, May 15

(FAIRFAX) - The National Rifle Association announced today that radio and television personality and best selling author Glenn Beck will be the keynote speaker for the "Freedom Experience" at NRA's 139th Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Charlotte, North Carolina. Beck will now deliver the keynote address of the event, which begins at 6:30 pm on Saturday, May 15, at the Time Warner Cable Arena. As previously announced, Sean Hannity was to be the keynote speaker, but had an unforeseen schedule conflict. NRA's Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre in welcoming Beck said, "It's going to be a great convention, and I know our members will be excited to see and to hear from Glenn Beck."

Further information about the NRA's 139th Annual Meetings & Exhibits can be found at www.nraam.org

glenn beck is an idiot,,, i dont want him to represent me ,,, i can form my own opinions without his drivel

Idiot? I think not. Look at his ratings. He is a bomb thrower like Ann Coulter. Anyone who infuriates the left wing moonbats like Beck does is OK by me. He is very entertaining and passionate about our cause. The Obots hate him also which is another reason to like him.

I do.

In that case, everyone on the news put their lives on the line. Even the losers over at MSNBC.

I think the extent is being greatly exaggerated here. Telling people on air that he's healthy and if I get sick than suspect something else. That's a little dramatic.

That's a little dramatic.

sorry to barge in on this thread but isn't this what Glenn Beck's delivery style all about? Drama??

I like the guy, and agree to a lot of the stuff he says. I do however roll my eyes occasionally when listening to him haha

I do.

NO!. The left wing moonbats are peaceful people. They would never resort to violence.

I find his shows entertaining and informative when I can catch the them. He can be melodramatic at times but I appreciate that he's generally willing to discuss topics others wouldn't dare touch. Take it with a grain of salt like everything else. He has brought to light some important information about he Czars (Van Jones, for example) and has influenced some changes. He's certainly passionate about his work and tries to get people fired up, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. The fact the the WH doesn't like Fox tells me they are doing something right. The other news channels are so sterilized it's easy to understand why many people don't know about all of this other stuff going in the background.

I watch Beck's show every day I possibly can, and now that he is syndicated on the cape, I will listen to his radio show as often as I can.

If you listen to everything anyone tells you is fact with out challenging it yourself, you are just a lemming looking for your marching orders, liberal or conservative. Beck at least asks people to challenge him, and all you ever get is "Beck is an idiot". Well, I will ask the same question I ask people when they say Sarah Palin (not that I support her or don't, I just like to hear if anyone has an actual reason for saying it) is an idiot, WHY?

I think he is an all around good guy. He does have a CT Pistol Permit and has made appearences at some CT Gun Stores. He lives in New Canaan, CT so you might just see him around if you are ever in the area.

Last edited:
IMO he gets high ratings simply because he's not a typical scripted droid TV personality, and there is a severe lack of anything remotely resembling conservative viewpoints on national television- so that entire potential market of viewers gloms onto his programming. He doesn't have to be the "best" if he is just about the only player in the game. (well, at least at his level. )

I don't think the NRA is doing bad by having him, but whatever help/persuasion he ends up bringing the NRA, they'll probably squander it, if past performance is any indicator.

-Mike

I also glad he is speaking there. He is not the NRA spokesperson, just a speaker, and well very interesting speaker at that. He is someone that has the balls to speak about things as he (and a growing number of people) feel.

Gotta love the Beck threads they always bring out the Beck haters. As other posters have said, people hate Beck for his presentation style and his emotions, yet they don't argue or dispute the facts that Beck presents. Instead they simply call him an idiot. He is getting the information out there and he is a huge thorn in the side of the liberals. He even got Van Jones to resign from the Obama administration. Does Beck go overboard and get emotional? You bet and it sometimes gets in the way of the facts he's trying to present. All talking heads have their quirks. Rush does the wrinkling/crumpling of the paper thing on air which (to me) is extremely annoying to hear, and Levin constantly whines about the "backbenchers" using his material.

The only thing I fault Beck for is his fawning over Forest and Field on air. He needs to go to a better shop. [laugh]

If you hate Glenn Beck - you are either:

A) Not really paying full attention to what he has to say - ALL OF IT

or

B) left leaning and you don't like what he has to say because of your belief system and the way he attacks it

or

C) like a lot of people I have read on the intarwebs - you think he is a tool of the TPTB and he is out there sucking people in by giving them just enough of what they want to hear , while filling their heads with just enough propaganda to keep them compliant

There have been times when Beck has really pissed me off. During the election last year he really tried to drag down Ron Paul - and that surprised me because most of what I heard out of Beck's mouth ( I used to actually try and watch his show occasionally back then) - led me to believe he really wanted a small government.

On the other hand - there are a number of people I work with who get "enlightened" by stuff Beck has on his show - things they have never heard of before that they then feel a need to come and say to me " hey did you know X" - " I heard this on the Beck show last night". And I say: "yeah I knew that. Now that your head is clearing up keep digging and you will find all sorts of other nasty stuff."

Beck has plusses and minuses.

But I am still not sure what point the OP was trying to make.

NO!. The left wing moonbats are peaceful people. They would never resort to violence.

Until they step into their super-hero outfits when they put on their purple shirts and AFL-CIO hats.

Then their alter-ego's take over and they go around kicking the crap out of innocent street vendors.

Seems like the people who dislike Beck also dislike Palin.

What does that say?

But, but, but, I read on the internet that they are idiots...aren't they? I can't seem to make my own decisions or opinions with out reading the internet to tell me what I should think.

Seems like the people who dislike Beck also dislike Palin.

What does that say?

That they are:

A. Moonbats.

B. People with very low tolerance of those with strong, liberty-loving opinions.

Take yer pick.

Last edited:
I lost all respect for him when he said that the bailouts weren't enough, and that we needed even more bailout money for the economy to survive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom